Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

NP
Old 08-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I've managed to destroy my 2nd esc fan today (both have been damaged at the same track, it has stones in dirt which I think are flicking up and into the car), I'm racing Tuesday so no time to get a spare!

Anyway, one of them works but is minus one blade, It spins ok, doesn't seem too imbalanced, am I right in thinking this shouldn't make too much difference to temps?

PS, still loving the car, in 5 meetings always against 100% nitro field, with total grids from @20 to @60, my lowest qualifying is 6th for an A final!
Old 08-16-2009, 04:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Originally Posted by infanterene
Sweet!! Thanks
Rene... The back mount needs some shaving down, like 1/2 the thickness!
Otherwise it's cocked up in the back!
Old 08-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad
Rene... The back mount needs some shaving down, like 1/2 the thickness!
Otherwise it's cocked up in the back!

I didn't use the brace....a local electric guy told me to not worry about it....as it would only apply u wanted forces to the motor when the chassis flexes...and it make's sense.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't use a brace as well. It works fine without it.

Originally Posted by Integra
I didn't use the brace....a local electric guy told me to not worry about it....as it would only apply u wanted forces to the motor when the chassis flexes...and it make's sense.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I was running without the rear plastic support but noticed the motor drooped down a bit towards the end. So I put it back on shaven. =/
Old 08-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveG28
I've managed to destroy my 2nd esc fan today (both have been damaged at the same track, it has stones in dirt which I think are flicking up and into the car), I'm racing Tuesday so no time to get a spare!

Anyway, one of them works but is minus one blade, It spins ok, doesn't seem too imbalanced, am I right in thinking this shouldn't make too much difference to temps?

PS, still loving the car, in 5 meetings always against 100% nitro field, with total grids from @20 to @60, my lowest qualifying is 6th for an A final!
I would not worry too much. I often run w/o them b/c f the rocks breaking them. Just use you one with missing blade. I have started to use dust covers to keeps the small rocks off the blades . . .
Old 08-17-2009, 06:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
I would not worry too much. I often run w/o them b/c f the rocks breaking them. Just use you one with missing blade. I have started to use dust covers to keeps the small rocks off the blades . . .

dust covers ?
Old 08-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

i think we should use a two speed setup like the nitros .........get like 70 mph lol
Old 08-17-2009, 11:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Cool

Originally Posted by john stu
i think we should use a two speed setup like the nitros .........get like 70 mph lol
Yeah! Yeah and then put a bigger wing on it so it will fly... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee!!!
Old 08-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

I seem to be regluing my tires every after every run. I generally run street tires on the road, and it loosens up from the wheel almost everytime now.

Do they have bead lock wheels for the buggies?
Old 08-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default conversion questions

I just converted my sons RTR 8ight (Not the 2.0) to a elec 8 using the Losi elec conversion kit Losi esc and 2100kv motor I have a few questions please. the piece that goes under the motor to help support it does not even come close to fitting any suggestions? i was guessing just take a piece of hard foam and run a screw up through it?? secondly the connector for the batts,, can i buy a male end for it anywhere or do i just nees to switch it all over to deans??? thirdly i hear lots of people saying the pinions come off a lot due to the excess heat what kind of loctite/threadlock should i use?? and lastly do i need to replace the stock fan i hear they go bad very fast?? Thank you in advance.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

You can either shave down the plastic wedge that supports the motor or you can leave it off (I left mine off).

For the pinion, you can try red loctite. I used the regular blue one, but it would come off after a few runs. Some racers suggested using Robinsons pinions. It is supposed to have a larger grub screw.

Originally Posted by .rc_racer
I just converted my sons RTR 8ight (Not the 2.0) to a elec 8 using the Losi elec conversion kit Losi esc and 2100kv motor I have a few questions please. the piece that goes under the motor to help support it does not even come close to fitting any suggestions? i was guessing just take a piece of hard foam and run a screw up through it?? secondly the connector for the batts,, can i buy a male end for it anywhere or do i just nees to switch it all over to deans??? thirdly i hear lots of people saying the pinions come off a lot due to the excess heat what kind of loctite/threadlock should i use?? and lastly do i need to replace the stock fan i hear they go bad very fast?? Thank you in advance.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thumbs up

1. You do away with this mount altogether or add foam if loose or grind away some if too tight!
2.Go with deans all the way around
3.The new kit pinion( use 15 T) has a bigger set screw, use locktight in everthing near the motor for some reason the screws back out .
4. Depending on the track serfice ( rocks) you might not have problems.
Some replace it with a Novak fan..... some cover it with a guard! Good Luck!
I run 5-5-2 dif oils .. of you need any info feel free to ask! I'll do my best!
Old 08-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

As far as the Batt. connectors go the are e-flite ec5 connectors. My local Hobbytown has them. Look with the airplane stuff, they may have them hidden there.

I have only had one pinion failure, and that was do to me not tightening it down enough. My 15 tooth losi has a 5/64 setscrew, not sure why the would deviate from that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.