Search

Serpent 720

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRW141
Thanks Sam for the info.

I have a ice charger. It goes from .1 to 8 amps and zero mv and up. I guess I could use my Ko wall charger that I have for my radio.

Hope to meet you at the Classic.
Yes, your KO wall charger for TX and RX will work just fine, see you at the classic.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Kyosho CVDs in a Serpent 720

The Serpent 802350 CVD has a reputation for easily breaking. Also, it is currently on back order from Serpent. I did a little research and found that some of the Serpent 720 Team Drivers are using the Kyosho CVDs in their cars. The ball on the Kyosho Cvd requires some grinding in order to get it to fit into the Serpent dog bone driver. The Kyosho part is holding up well. I have them in stock = kyvsw006 is the part number.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Why doesn't Serpent maintain a site with uploaded setup sheets like other manufaturers? Like Xray.
Or is there a site out there that i havent found yet?
Old 05-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gearhead13
Why doesn't Serpent maintain a site with uploaded setup sheets like other manufaturers? Like Xray.
They used to but stopped for some reason. I have some on my website 3hobby.net but they are mainly for the BRCA Nationals by top UK Serpent driver Mark Green.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SRW141
Thanks Sam for the info.

I have a ice charger. It goes from .1 to 8 amps and zero mv and up. I guess I could use my Ko wall charger that I have for my radio.

Hope to meet you at the Classic.

use your ice and set it at.6 ( which is .60 .just over1/2 amp) and your battery will luv you for it.......
Old 05-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gearhead13
I choose to help people directly on this site and through my PM, which is always busy and I check it often. However serpent does have a spot on their site under racing and then setups. Here is the link

http://www.serpent.com/racing/setups/

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
Old 05-27-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I see the centax III and spur gears are getting an upgrade.

Pulled from Redrc.net

Serpent have introduced a new WC version of their Centax III clutch system and updated 2-speed gearbox system. The updated transmission uses the same pitch as before but has an improved tooth profile, which combined with a wider spur and pinion gear, gives better contact for better durability and power delivery. The steel clutch bell housing has also been updated with the pinions no longer forming the structure of this area but are instead attached the steel threads on the new bell. This ensures that the gears spin true and are much more resistant to any flexing in this area. As a result of this new bell, the front 2 bearings in the clutch have been changed and are now smaller in diameter compared to previous versions. The new WC transmission cannot be used together with the original spurs or pinion gears. A full range of spur gears (54T-56T, 59T-61T) and pinions (16T-18T, 21T-23T) are available separately.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 720-serpent-clutch.jpg   Serpent 720-spurs.jpg   Serpent 720-clutchbell.jpg  
Old 05-28-2008, 03:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
The Serpent 802350 CVD has a reputation for easily breaking. Also, it is currently on back order from Serpent. I did a little research and found that some of the Serpent 720 Team Drivers are using the Kyosho CVDs in their cars. The ball on the Kyosho Cvd requires some grinding in order to get it to fit into the Serpent dog bone driver. The Kyosho part is holding up well. I have them in stock = kyvsw006 is the part number.
The ones that are easily break are made by 3Racing. Do you have a link to back up your "little research" ?
Old 05-28-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
I choose to help people directly on this site and through my PM, which is always busy and I check it often. However serpent does have a spot on their site under racing and then setups. Here is the link

http://www.serpent.com/racing/setups/

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
Thanks for the link DJ ... pity its a little "quiet". But I agree with your efforts in helping others directly on this forum.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I look for my answers here on the Tech forum. DJ, Paolo and others here have made themselves available for Q&A on setups gearing and what have you. God bless RCTech.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
Wow, I think you are just trying to sell your kyosho cvd shafts just because you are out of the Serpent original CVD shafts, what a mickey mouse you are, anything that needs to be ground down to fit will make the part weak,
as REDSAND said "The ones that are easily break are made by 3Racing" now to repeat redsand's question, Do you have a link to back up your "little research" ?
Old 05-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I setup my ice charger for .6 w/ peak detect set at 3mv to charge my receiver pack. It took around 1800 seconds and only took 63 mah of charge. This doesn't seem right.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

try setting your peak higher.........
Old 05-29-2008, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

Default New WC clutch

Hello
The information I have is that the only differences between the current and the new WC centax are:

1) clutch bell
2) all the pinions
3) the front bearing from 5x10x4 changes to 5x8x2.5

Therefore, the current spurs can be used.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by etgdpu
Hello
The information I have is that the only differences between the current and the new WC centax are:

1) clutch bell
2) all the pinions
3) the front bearing from 5x10x4 changes to 5x8x2.5

Therefore, the current spurs can be used.
I think the pinions do not work with the old gears.

DJ Apolaro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.