Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ETS Round 6 - Hudy Racing Arena

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Autocratic
I wasn't going "off" on him, and I don't think I was that hard.
If you were a true RC racer you would know… ...You should double check your posts before submitting in the future.

So he isn't allowed an opinion, but you are, OK.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

It looks like a lot of companies are testing stuff you can't buy. If indeed Marc is using the raceberry over the prototype tamiya parts it's because it is such an important meet and he wants to stick to what he knows.

It's good to see so much interest in touring cars thanks to this event, it's got a real worlds feel to it but even better because there's no governing body to mess it up
Old 07-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

The statement of needing a Raceberry isn't true it just suits some drivers more than others. (both guys I know who bought it have sold it on as it made the car seem to push, they went back to the stdV5). However others on here have done well with it.. Horses for courses.

Obviously Marc prefers it and If I was racing to win the series I wouldn't change what I know.

I wish I was there.. the venue looks great and I bet the racing will be epic.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclonetog
So he isn't allowed an opinion, but you are, OK.
Now you're making things up. Opinions stop being opinions the opposing argument is supported by common knowledge and sense.

First part he stated a very general statement that has no proof to back it up other than the fact that the top Tamiya drivers use the chassis. They are using the chassis because they have exhausted every setup option that comes with the kit. Their abilities exceed the performance that the car can provide. So yes, they are going to look for options that will bring the car to their level, and Raceberry has that option. For the every day club racer, who doesn't get paid to drive RC cars for a living, you don't need a $200 conversion to be competitive.

Second part he stated "Raceberry/Tamiya is a completely different car from another (non-Tamiya) manufacturer??"

Again, Raceberry is not a manufacturer. They are an aftermarket company that produces hop-ups for various car kits. They make a chassis kit that changes aspects of the Tamiya 417. It doesn't change the fact that the car is still a Tamiya. I don't know how that can be any more clear.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Again, Raceberry is not a manufacturer. They are an aftermarket company that produces hop-ups for various car kits. They make a chassis kit that changes aspects of the Tamiya 417. It doesn't change the fact that the car is still a Tamiya. I don't know how that can be any more clear.
Does Raceberry have someone else make their products for them? If not, they are a manufacturer, just not a manufacturer of complete vehicles. Any company that manufactures anything is technically a manufacturer.

Conversion kits really blur the brand lines. A Raceberry 417 might still be mainly Tamiya, but you can't call it a 417v5. It is not entirely Tamiya. Some pretty key components are different. You have to at least add an asterisk. Imagine a full sized car where you put everything but the chassis and driveline from one car into a custom chassis that looks and performs differently...

Back to the thread topic...Hardman FTW!
Old 07-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just call it Tamiyab4berry and be done with it. Back to the thread please.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

srsly
Old 07-18-2013, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

This is getting as bad as the trinity d3.5 thread...... Seriously who cares what tamiya runs.
Lets return to the racing.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I love it when you guys self moderate each other.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Comments that add nothing to the topic, but are complaining about the thread not being on topic... lol

Hudy arena looks like an amazing facility. I need to look into moving to Europe. Wonder if they need an IT guy who only speaks English :P
Old 07-18-2013, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Let's forget about which company is making what chassis, whether it be a prototype or a production piece. Lets look at WHAT there making. I'm interested in what I think is a new trend or maybe the next phase of chassis design. The long top deck mounted only on the ends along with a center screw mount just ahead of the motor mount. I was fascinated at the pictures of Andy Moore's TCX. It was his attempt at trying this idea and from what I saw it worked pretty damn good ! I'm also interested in seeing how the MI5 performs, yet another new idea ! Very cool stuff, imo.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

predictions?
mod- Marc Rheinard
stock - Viljami Kutvonen
Old 07-18-2013, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hanulec
predictions?
mod- Alexander Hagberg
stock - Marek Cerny

You're probably right about Marc getting the win. Him or Volker, but I'd love to see them both get beaten fairly by pretty much anyone else.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

I think volker will take mod but hoping hagberg takes the win
Old 07-18-2013, 11:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I like to see alex taking the win, but I believe it is down to only two guys Marc or Ronald.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.