Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

does anyone have a good setup for the E4 CS on carpet rubber tires? Plan to run this in VTA class
Old 07-29-2009, 08:18 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
They thank you for the input and yet ...
Sheesh!
I got that deck and now they say its for the o9...
Like its different or something .. WTF?
You are totally correct on that one ... I don't know if Barry is all that but I think I could do more good than harm. They (TM) seem to be very stubborn when it comes to taking suggestions. The holes miss located ... the no surface area for mounting the "wings" They must have had these issues with their cars , or do the manufactures even have R&D. Sometimes I wonder....
Its sad. Car has a great concept and with a little more work they could of done it right. That being said they would get more guys wanting to race the car.

The stuff your working on it is for you DE car or your other E4 rubber car that you sent me pics of.

If I could borrow an E4 that was already setup to fit lipos from someone I knew would really help me to see if I want the car. Problem is no one I know has one that I can try. I have access to a new one but I can't try it out as I did get to check out the car. Its too much money to spend on just a cool looking car. Normally I would just take the plunge but with money being tight I just can't justify it when so many other brands have pretty much all the kinks worked out and pretty much all the other manufactures keep making improvements whiel TM really don't seem to care. They must be big in other parts of the world because here in the states they are DOA!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Black
does anyone have a good setup for the E4 CS on carpet rubber tires? Plan to run this in VTA class
You are going to have to move the rear arms forward to get the wheels in the wheelbase of the body. grind 3mm off the front of the arm and put a spacer behind it on the hinge pin. Make sure the sway bar links do not bind up on the rear suspension. You also will need thicker offset wheel hexes. Thats about it.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
Its sad. Car has a great concept and with a little more work they could of done it right. That being said they would get more guys wanting to race the car.

The stuff your working on it is for you DE car or your other E4 rubber car that you sent me pics of.

If I could borrow an E4 that was already setup to fit lipos from someone I knew would really help me to see if I want the car. Problem is no one I know has one that I can try. I have access to a new one but I can't try it out as I did get to check out the car. Its too much money to spend on just a cool looking car. Normally I would just take the plunge but with money being tight I just can't justify it when so many other brands have pretty much all the kinks worked out and pretty much all the other manufactures keep making improvements whiel TM really don't seem to care. They must be big in other parts of the world because here in the states they are DOA!!!!!!!!!!!
Getting a LoPi tray is about all you need to make it ready.
Once the car is right it drives great .. trouble is chasing all the little bugs . I've replaced so many parts on this frikin' thing. One thing after another.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:28 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Getting a LoPi tray is about all you need to make it ready.
Once the car is right it drives great .. trouble is chasing all the little bugs . I've replaced so many parts on this frikin' thing. One thing after another.
That is what the only guy I knew who ran one said. Just lots of little stuff that keep the car from being really good. Like he was saying for the price you shouldn't need to fix so many things as they really add up.

I did read over the 09 spec car and while it seems to address the problems still seems to fall short as it still not seemingly enough changes to cover some of the lipo and brushless stuff out on the market.

If I had more play money I would get a car to mess with as a 2nd car but like many money is too tight and this is just a hobby and considered a luxury item.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

How much is the E4RS going for in the states????
Here it is 249 euros for the 08 chassis.

cheers Roy
Old 07-29-2009, 12:02 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
How much is the E4RS going for in the states????
Here it is 249 euros for the 08 chassis.

cheers Roy
I think Wolf Hobbies has them starting at 349 to 399 and for the Special Edition one WOlf Hobbies has had made starts at $500 up to $550 but those versions have every option you could want and really are great looking cars. Those DE versions are really decked out and should have all problems fixed.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Heres a question for you all. Why does Wolf hobbies upgrade the old E4(meaning the DE edition) and not the new 09 spec car. Isnt the 09 spec car a better car with alot of new ideas. Ive heard Wolf hobbies reasoning but not sure on it(no disrespect Wolf)
Old 07-29-2009, 07:22 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by eddie10
Heres a question for you all. Why does Wolf hobbies upgrade the old E4(meaning the DE edition) and not the new 09 spec car. Isnt the 09 spec car a better car with alot of new ideas. Ive heard Wolf hobbies reasoning but not sure on it(no disrespect Wolf)
My guess is Wolf did the changes way before the 09 car came out. I still think the DE edition car is still way about the stock 09 E4 by a mile.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
My guess is Wolf did the changes way before the 09 car came out. I still think the DE edition car is still way about the stock 09 E4 by a mile.
Why not buy a 09 spec and get all the parts seperate. All the DE spec parts are just upgrades. Then you have the new chassis and single bellcrank steering etc right off the bat.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Wow guys now you are freaking me off with your bad comments about the E4 platform.

Im just about to receive my Team Magic E4RS 2009 for 13.5 brushless racing in my country, and already sold my Cyclone !! lol !!!

Well, the kit will be in my hands next week , hope to do it fine with it ... the Cyclone made me win couple races already here.

cya,

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 07-29-2009, 09:33 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Wow guys now you are freaking me off with your bad comments about the E4 platform.

Im just about to receive my Team Magic E4RS 2009 for 13.5 brushless racing in my country, and already sold my Cyclone !! lol !!!

Well, the kit will be in my hands next week , hope to do it fine with it ... the Cyclone made me win couple races already here.

cya,

Pato Concha
Southamerica
I think with some TLC you will fine. If I had some sort of deal to run the E4 I would take the chance.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

The Billet Aluminum Side Belt Tensioner is a piece of crap.
It comes with the DE kit.
The plastic one has a carbon fiber tensioner plate but the plastic does not hold its thread and thats where the car tweaks from. They need to address this issue and fast so my car will work again. maybe I will have to draw one up and make my own.... I don't want to have to make my own. That been a weak link for some time I had suggested in the past but was assured it was not an issue .. but it is.... trust me on this one. In some ridiculous effort to make that part so frickin' light it breaks when you look at it wrong is just stupid. First with the plastic you have to carve the crap out of the back of it to get the motor in and the billet one is weak as a toothpick. Not good at all. Wolf I hope you are reading this and are making our new parts already . andif your not.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bush
Wow guys now you are freaking me off with your bad comments about the E platform.

I'm just about to receive my Team Magic ERRS 2009 for 13.5 brush less racing in my country, and already sold my Cyclone !! Lil !!!

cyan,

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Keep in mind it's only one guy who seems to be displeased with the car. I also previously had a Cyclone and don't miss it one bit. The E4 has it's pluses and minuses like every touring car platform.

Last edited by Tomradio; 07-30-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tomradio
Keep in mind it's only one guy who seems to be displeased with the car. I also previously had a Cyclone and don't miss it one bit. The E4 has it's pluses and minuses like every touring car platform.
One guy with over 30 years of experience. That Cyclone is an awesome car.
So I'm considering the source. Problem is I never said I didn't like the car I said it's killing me on issues. Once it's dialed I know it will be a good ride. Seriously someone needs to further reform several parts on this car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.