Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 03:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

from one page back

Here's the front & center one-ways at pretty good prices. This seller also ships very quicly (less than a week from Japan to US)...

http://stores.ebay.com/Rdvtg-Hobbies...ftidZ2QQ tZkm

The part number the 415 "bridge" mount 1D is: 51064
Old 12-09-2008, 03:48 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ioxqq
I'm interested in getting a front oneway set for the 416. Want to know what is the part number? thanks
i got one i wont need. want to buy it?

my 416WE is almost done.. just need to do the rear hubs and steering knuckles. cant wait to drop in my Ko Propo BL ESC!
Old 12-09-2008, 03:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by veecee
Aaron, if you are getting a WCE you will already have the spool and short arms. The only things worth picking up would be some HPI springs in Silver, Blue and maybe Pink as well. The 416 wins races on every surface. The only surface where it hasn't taken a big win is foam carpet, although I might be wrong...
Aaron, the results pretty much speak for themselves... and not just on the international stage, it goes very well in a clubmans hands. Veecee's right though, with a WCE car, you have pretty much everything in the box. Only things I would suggest are;

Spring set's - HPI Blue, Silver, Gold, Pink as well as the Tamiya spring set are pretty much all you need. I seem to struggle a little with the feel of the HPI's indoors, and prefer the Tamiya's for that

Roll bar set - Just gives you all the options, although most run Medium front, and soft or medium rear all the time

Some extra suspension blocks - more for reducing the rear toe-in than anything.

And thats about it... the car really does work very well, and all the tuning options are more than anything refinements.

Oh, and if anyone hasn't seen, the 416 wce manual is now online...http://www.tamiya.com/japan/download/rc_index.htm

Regards
Ed[/QUOTE]

Thanks guy's for your replies.

I'm not completely sold on this car yet as there is no support for it in S.E Queensland, but I know of one 416 being used and it seems to have helped that racer to jump up a level with his racing. If I were to change over to this chassis, where is the best place to get parts from for it. Both in Aus and online.

As for the springs, why do you use HPI springs instead of the Tamiya one?

Cheers
Aaron
Old 12-09-2008, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Spares in Oz are hard to come by. I normally buy my spares from RC-Model (http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/). Others also use RC Market (http://rcmarket.com.hk/) and RC Champ. Generally the only spares needed are arms, castor blocks and rear hubs - all of these can break when you hit a board. Just stock up on a few of these bits when you buy the car and you'll be sweet. I have been running the car for almost a year and I'm still on original belts and pulleys. I haven't even had to rebuild the diff although I built them up with ceramics balls and adhesive backed diff covers. The 416 is an awesome car and with all the help on this thread, you will also have a great knowledge base to back you up.

The HPI springs have been used by the team drivers with some success. A few of us here have also tried them and they feel a little nicer - some say more progressive than the Tamiya springs. I have been running the HPI Blues all round lately and the car feels glued with them.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I've only started running the 416 a few months ago and would recommend Hongkong shops like rcmarket, precisionrc or rc-mushroom. Champrc is also good but with the exchange rate with the yen. Hongkong shops are better price wise.

If you get stuck you can also get parts from Castlehill hobbies in Sydney but they are more the generic Tamiya stuff that was use in the 415 and is also used in the 416.

Not sure about the spring as I only used the White Tamiya stuff for now.

I have a question to the 416 pros here.

Whats the pros and cons of upgrading to a 2.5mm chassis. I know the thicker the chassis the less flex = less grip.

I order and paid for a 2.25mm chassis but got a reply from the shop saying they forgot to update stock and has sold out but his willing to send me a 2.5mm chassis instead.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

IMHO, the 2.5-chassis might perform better on carpet, in high grip situation.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Or you could run softer springs, lighter oil and use bigger sway bars.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

the reversible suspension arms that are used on the WE, of which car do they come, or are these brend new?
They seem larger, as there are less shims on the suspension-shafts, larger the the ones I use (TA-53928 Short Reversible Sus Arm ) ... or am I wrong?

nope, I'm wrong. They are the same (tam 53928)
Old 12-09-2008, 08:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danjoy25
I've only started running the 416 a few months ago and would recommend Hongkong shops like rcmarket, precisionrc or rc-mushroom. Champrc is also good but with the exchange rate with the yen. Hongkong shops are better price wise.
I really wouldn't recommend PrecisionRC, I ordered 10 pairs of Sorex tires on their site and they sent 1 pair, I've tried to contact them, but no reply at all. My buddy Patrick had a similar situation happen with them some time ago.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I really wouldn't recommend PrecisionRC, I ordered 10 pairs of Sorex tires on their site and they sent 1 pair, I've tried to contact them, but no reply at all. My buddy Patrick had a similar situation happen with them some time ago.
Oeh, I am not very happy to hear this. Two days ago I've ordered a 416Worlds and for over 200 dolars of spares at precisionRC. Payment is already done...

If someone has a better experience with precisionRC please tell me to take away my bad feelings
Old 12-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i have ordered from precision in the past with good results... some tools, tires, parts.... a tad bit slower to ship compared to Champ and RCMarket, but no serious problems.

but, it has been a while, maybe 6 months.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks for the response, I feel a bit happier now But after reading this tread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...reputable.html I'm still not sure about my order...
Old 12-09-2008, 10:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I've ordered from them in the past without problems, one time they forgot to send an order but replied quickly and sent it the same day when I asked where it was. This last time they screwed me for just over $90 though.

Ordering from some of the overseas sites can be a pain in the ass, I've tried to order from other sites but they want a copy of your ID, proof of residence, etc.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I've ordered from them in the past without problems, one time they forgot to send an order but replied quickly and sent it the same day when I asked where it was. This last time they screwed me for just over $90 though.

Ordering from some of the overseas sites can be a pain in the ass, I've tried to order from other sites but they want a copy of your ID, proof of residence, etc.
For the unsponsored in the US, that's pretty much a way of life if you want to run Tamiya.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Initiate

well I keep my fingers crossed then...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.