Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Which touring car should I Buy Please HELP!!! >

Which touring car should I Buy Please HELP!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which touring car should I Buy Please HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (80%+)
Default Which touring car should I Buy Please HELP!!!

Ok I am getting into touring class and have a few questions:
I have seen a couple option I could go with:

HPI Sprint 2 RTR

Team Associated TC4

I assume there are other options and I am am willing to hear them. If I cannot find a used car here I may buy new at towerhobbies. Both are RTR with everything and are the same price. Which is a better car the Team Associated or the HPI. I would like to get in the touring class fairly cheap.

Also I see kits of the TC4 for $200 but you can find RTR with remotes and everything for $40 more is there something special about the kits or is the RTR the same exact car.

Thanks In Advance
GunLocators
Old 02-25-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Personally, I would go with something like the TC4, or wait 'till the TC5 comes out.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

tamiya TA05
Old 02-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

i would go with the tc4....the sprint 2 is based of the pro2 and that is 6 years old....with the tc4 theres parts on the wall
Old 02-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gunlocators
Ok I am getting into touring class and have a few questions:
I have seen a couple option I could go with:

HPI Sprint 2 RTR

Team Associated TC4

I assume there are other options and I am am willing to hear them. If I cannot find a used car here I may buy new at towerhobbies. Both are RTR with everything and are the same price. Which is a better car the Team Associated or the HPI. I would like to get in the touring class fairly cheap.

Also I see kits of the TC4 for $200 but you can find RTR with remotes and everything for $40 more is there something special about the kits or is the RTR the same exact car.

Thanks In Advance
GunLocators
out of those 2 i would get the TC4 ,but the Cyclone S is not a bad buy either
Old 02-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (80%+)

Why are the kits almost as expensive as a complete rtr? I do not understand is there something special about a kit?
Old 02-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Why are the kits almost as expensive as a complete rtr? I do not understand is there something special about a kit?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNZC7&P=7

not bad for $159.99
Old 02-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the Cyclone S is a joke. After trying to mess with one I wouldn't recommend that car to anyone.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
the Cyclone S is a joke. After trying to mess with one I wouldn't recommend that car to anyone.
better than the HPI Sprint 2 RTR
Old 02-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

kits generally come with nicer stuff, like threaded shocks vs preload spacers, aluminum stuff instead of steel or plastic, and sometiems lighter carbon fiber parts. plus, the advantage of a kit is you actually put it together, and are familiar with the car, plus you put your own electronics in it, which are nicer than the rtr crap they usually come with(except for losi).

are you going to be racing, or bashing? if you are racing, definately get a kit. if not, you may consider an RTR, but putting kits together is half the fun
Old 02-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default TC 4 RTR

I would go with the TC 4 RTR. The difference in the kit is you have to put it together yourself which if you have not done it before, it will take about a week. The kit comes without a motor, electronic speed control or any electronics such as transmitter so you have to buy all these parts seperate which is going to cost you about 400-550 all included. The parts in a kit are totally different and better made such as graphite and titanium which usually makes the car lighter. It is a challenge to put a kit together without being familiar with R/C without needing help and not making a mistake. You cannot go wrong with the TC4, I have 2 of them. The TC5 that is coming out is going to be in kit form to begin with I believe. Start out with a RTR and get familiar and then build you a kit for your second car. Best of luck.
Gofastrlbrown
Old 02-25-2007, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

ge

Last edited by civiceg; 01-02-2009 at 02:58 AM.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

If you want the best car for your $, then an xray T2007 is it. there are used ones on tech allmost weekly. Best handling car I've ever driven. Most consistent in handling. I've seen several drivers at our local tracks turn faster laps going to the xray and leaving the tc4, losi's etc. I've personally knocked a full second off of my own lap times since I've switched My 2 cents worth
Old 02-27-2007, 06:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

The HB Cyclone is only $199 on Stormer Hobbies. It's a kit, but you could find cheap gear on Tech for a nice amount.
BTW: Stormer Hobbies is the ONLY way to go for parts and stuff.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kings Kid
If you want the best car for your $, then an xray T2007 is it. there are used ones on tech allmost weekly. Best handling car I've ever driven. Most consistent in handling. I've seen several drivers at our local tracks turn faster laps going to the xray and leaving the tc4, losi's etc. I've personally knocked a full second off of my own lap times since I've switched My 2 cents worth
Yep, wonder why there are used Xray T2007s almost weekly?? They're crap is why.

Hot bodies Cyclone at Stormer hobbies now for $199...not the S either...full carbon fiber and all.

Tamiya TRF415 from Tamiya America for $275...

The next best option after that if you want something a little more affordable would be the Tamiya TA05, one of my personal favorites.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.