Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Putting my car together today... I moved the battery door post forward 8mm. I'll need to dremel some plastic from the old mount, but it seems this is a pretty good workaround for the post limiting the motor mount adjustability. I did have to add a spacer on top of the aluminum post to take up the space that was molded into the upper deck.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

thats much neater then my effort...nice work

with a 17.5T motor would a FDR of 4.5 be a good starting point. Not running any boost on motor. Will be using with a Hobbywing Justock esc.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Put mine on the track today. Box stock. I am in love with this car already. I made no adjustments. Still has stock gear set. Got some video, but I will say that this is at the end of a pack, the battery was very low. And yes, I did break the front end on the first run, I don't even know what I hit to break it. Didn't hit anything hard enough to bruise a bug. Its the black car in video.

video

And I built a link front end tonight, like the one Racer Robert has on his. Sorry about the mess
Attached Thumbnails 3 racing new F1-linksfront1.jpg  
Old 11-26-2011, 01:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

FGX Kits, spare and some hopups are in stock at TQ.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...t.asp?s_sort=3

We had F1 race today, FGX was running great.

FYI, Thanks.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Here's mine, completely stock for now. Waiting on a few option parts to arrive though. Set up with a Hobby Wing Just Stock 17.5 package. Wiring isnt up to my liking, once my black wire arrive it will look much better

Has anyone noticed when measuring the front camber it shows about 4 degrees even though the block itself says 2?
Attached Thumbnails 3 racing new F1-img_1259.jpg  
Old 11-26-2011, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

So I'm sure some of you guys know that the old Tamiya F201 wheels fit this car... I only mention this because the FGX wheels are back ordered ... You can still find F201 wheels on E-bay... It widens the car a few mm front and back but still keeps in within 190mm for those who care...
Old 11-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So, I spent today mostly fiddling with my FGX Rabbit conversion. Basically, I wanted to change a few bits on it to try and improve the rear end, and ended up with the following...

First pics, long camber link. Got rid of the camber plate, and mounted a longer link directly to the top of the gearbox casing. This seems to work ok, with very different camber change characteristics to the standard setup, mainly as the inner link pick-up is now inside the inner lower hinge pin, rather than outside.
Also ment I could mount the roll bar a little neater too

Still wasn't too happy with how the geometry is, given the outer pickups are really close vertically, and so thought, what the hell, try something a little different... and got hold of some Sakura rear hubs. Had to trim them a little to fit (narrower to fit between the wishbone, and wheel clearance), but does now give a better (IMO) geometry. Have to wait till next weekend to give it a try though... but feels good on the bench, and the gauges seem to suggest a better range of motion.
Only thing to be aware of is that this might not work with the Ride rims, as they are a smaller internal diameter, but the control tyres we're using out here (SGP1 series) have the same ID as a Tamiya rim.

Oh, Charles, I got your bits, will send you a mail tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails 3 racing new F1-long-link-1.jpg   3 racing new F1-long-link-2.jpg   3 racing new F1-roll-bar-mount.jpg   3 racing new F1-tc-hub.jpg   3 racing new F1-fgx-vs-tc-hub.jpg  

Old 11-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Looks like it raises the rear axle some as well which is good because some of the pics I have seen have the rear arms at crazy angles just trying to get the rear ride height down.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Has anyone checked to see if the rear arms have anti-squat or pro-squat?

My eyes aren't as finely calibrated as they used to be, but i'd swear the arms are angled up in the rear-- pro-squat.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pejota
Has anyone checked to see if the rear arms have anti-squat or pro-squat?

My eyes aren't as finely calibrated as they used to be, but i'd swear the arms are angled up in the rear-- pro-squat.
The arms to have an arc to them. They are not flat like TC arms.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

I know, i pushed the arms up and looked at the angle of the pins.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by aussierevo
his mine with the rear of the body cut....it looks alright....it will be fine to race.
nice ride,that looks good how far off would a f104 body be on one of these chassis? i am fasinated with the diff configuration on these. much more realistic that a dirty big straight axle
Old 11-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kneedeeppow
nice ride,that looks good how far off would a f104 body be on one of these chassis?
Im painting up an F60 for F104 to put on my FGX right now. Really close. Im not using the extra side pods. Suspiciously close
Old 11-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Smile

Tryhard, by doing this mod to the rear arms , you are losing the roll center adjustments that can be made with the original fgx arms . As far as pro squat or anti squat, I'll have to investigate further to see if the rear arm mounts can be shimmed, and if they can be fitted with ball type hinge pin ends......if it succeeds ,then that will be it for all other so-called F1 cars...lol....
Old 11-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by texastc
Im painting up an F60 for F104 to put on my FGX right now. Really close. Im not using the extra side pods. Suspiciously close
thats what i wanted to hear lol. is the kit chassis plate graphite or plastic? any hopups recommended from scratch?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.