Search
Like Tree14Likes

RCshox products and services

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
I THOUROGHLY test every part that i make , i have over 1000 laps/6 weeks on my truck and its the original spur that i machined. Once i abused it i installed one on Sym's truck and let him have a go at it and nothing has gone wrong. The only way you can melt a spur gear is to have the assembly loose. if you think about it every ball dif ever made use plastic spur gears and this is nothing different. The dif rings and spur gears will be available seperately just in case but i dont foresee any issues.
I can see you've put out some good stuff, I wasn't doubting you. Just truly curious as to how the spurs hold up, but 6weeks is pretty darn good. I'm lucky to drive once a week, so I'm thinking it'd be much longer for me. Too bad you're dangling the carrot right before Xmas, but I do see me ordering one after the holidays...
Keep up the good work!
Old 12-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by maddysdaddy
I can see you've put out some good stuff, I wasn't doubting you. Just truly curious as to how the spurs hold up, but 6weeks is pretty darn good. I'm lucky to drive once a week, so I'm thinking it'd be much longer for me. Too bad you're dangling the carrot right before Xmas, but I do see me ordering one after the holidays...
Keep up the good work!
no worries man, i didnt take it that way!!

More on this later but RCshox DOMINATES that houston Toys for Tots event!!! 150 entires 40 in SC. i Tq'd 2w mod buggy, Q2 in SC and i won the A in SC! Sym won the B main ,bumped to the A and pulled out a 5th! sour diesel got into the B main (big props to Brian, he got it together and put together some good runs, proud of ya man!!) Jason too, he is quietly sneaking up to the top of the SC group!
RCshox piston equipped vehicles Tq'd and/or won the majority of the classes, its fast becoming clear that if you are not running them your going to have a HARD time keeping up!! i will post a video later of my 2w buggy main, you can plainly see how much better my car looks than everyone else!
Old 12-11-2011, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default thank the lord

finally a logical thread for some super good products

one thing is for sure marcus is good people ..i can say that he took the time on pm with me to fully explain in a understandable way how his products work ...

i can also say they are quality products im running the garodiscs un pinned on the sc10 4x4 and all i can say is my truck went from zero to hero in about 5 minutes ....

i will be anxiously awaiting the evolution of this ctr ball diff ..it could be the part for this car

rock on man i will be lurking along for sure

and thanks again for all this goodness
Old 12-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (95%+)

Hey Marcus,
Are you going to put the pre orders up today or tomorrow. very anxious to buy the new gear
Old 12-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dougwalter911
Hey Marcus,
Are you going to put the pre orders up today or tomorrow. very anxious to buy the new gear

this evening, pre-orders will be on the site. i am going to work on the adjustment settings tomorrow and have to order parts , if all goes well they will be able to ship late next week. it works perfect now so i am just weighing my options before i squeeze the trigger! first batch will be pre-orders only i will not have any extras. So those of you that want yours before the end of the year, dont miss out!!
Old 12-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

What's the price on the new center diff? Would like to try that out

Last edited by jmoneym; 12-11-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

this evening, pre-orders will be on the site. i am going to work on the adjustment settings tomorrow and have to order parts , if all goes well they will be able to ship late next week. it works perfect now so i am just weighing my options before i squeeze the trigger! first batch will be pre-orders only i will not have any extras. So those of you that want yours before the end of the year, dont miss out!!

don't forget about me over here, lol. you already know i'm interested.

on a side note, RCShox has made some hands down best parts to help with our SC trucks and other vehicles, last nights race at Toys 4 Tots definitely put RCShox parts to the test and they did by all means gain an edge. Mantis has put endless hours of R&D into his product and stands by his product. So with all that said, I'd recommend his products to just about anyone and everyone out there who is looking for that extra performance edge! Thanks for all your hard work Marcus!
Old 12-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (95%+)

How long will pre ordering be open for.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

until friday
Old 12-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

ok so i am checking out in the mains and then my car stops, for some reason my radio went dead, sucks because i would have had a double win as i also won the A main in SC..... so now for my excuses, it was very cold and it always takes me a lap or two to get used to the car since its soooo much different than 4wd SC! oh and the barometric pressure was out of my normal range so my eyes were blurryLOL!! its pretty obvious that my car was setup better than everyone elses and handle much better! my quick time was 2 seconds ahead of the closest person to me, the pistons worked very well!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mantisworx?feature=mhee

here is the setup for my durango DEX210
FRONT:
vector soft fronts
-4 trailing
0 toe
-1.5 camber
23mm ride height
30caster
outside arms.middle towers
TSR bladders with bleed screws left out
RCshox 6hole 1.2compression 1.3 rebound 20wt

REAR:
went between soft rebars and supersoft impacts
3.5 toe
3 kickup
-1 camber
24mm ride height
inside arms,#4 hole on RCshox tower (its inbetween middle and inside on stock tower)
TSR bladders with bleed screw removed
RCshox 6hole 1.2compression 1.3 rebound 20wt (could have easily went to 17.5 but it was cold and i got lazy!)

RM4 tranny
MMP with 14* of boost
Murfdogg 8.5 83/28
RCshox garodisc
battery in the back
Old 12-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default sc set up

How posting up the final complete set up on the sc

thanks
Old 12-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by old&slow
How posting up the final complete set up on the sc

thanks
Its on the first page under team drivers now!
Old 12-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I cant speek enough to point out how much Marcus has helped me to develope my skills, and getting my truck dialed in. I went from poser scrub to "Spanky"

Seriously though, not only has Mantis helped me to develop my skills and develop my sc10 4x4 into a much better racing vehicle, he has become a great trackside buddy.

Not only are his products top notch, his service to the race community is invaluable. Its guys like him that help the rc community grow, by helping and supporting local racers, and filling the needs of us modifying rc fanatics.

If you want the most out of your rc, you need to seriously try out some of the product.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Center diff pre orders are on the website now ! I got my order in and I can't wait to try it !
Old 12-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

I put in my preorder for the center diff, cant wait. Im going to have to sell my clutch basket now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.