R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   RCshox products and services (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/576114-rcshox-products-services.html)

MantisWorx 12-09-2011 07:25 AM

RCshox products and services

This thread is to discuss RCShox.com and our products.

Not to bash or post unrelated information
Lets try and keep it civil, if you feel like you need to post something negative please PM that person, we don’t all need to read it.

This will be a zero tolerance thread.

If you feel like you are being attacked by another member simply say “refer to page 1 post 1” and move on.

Thank you in advance!

MantisWorx 12-09-2011 07:26 AM

RCshox 2 stage pistons Q+A

Q: What are RCshox 2 stage pistons?
A: They are 2 piece shock pistons that control compression and rebound damping

Q:How do they work?
A: The pistons separate on rebound and come together on compression, the compression holes are smaller than the rebound holes which makes the rebound react quicker.

Q: Will they fit my car?
A: RCShox makes the piston sets for many different applications as well as generic 15 and 16mm piston sets for the 1/8 scalers

Q: Do the pistons come ready to go out of the box?
A: Most of the pistons come 1.1mm compression and 1.2mm rebound which will work great although we encourage custom tuning via hole sizes. Hole sizes are described on the website

Installation video:
http://youtu.be/JQW3ib36GJY

lodhammerdin 12-09-2011 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by MantisWorx (Post 10015719)
This thread is to discuss RCShox.com and our products.

Not to bash or post unrelated information
Lets try and keep it civil, if you feel like you need to post something negative please PM that person, we don’t all need to read it.

This will be a zero tolerance thread.

If you feel like you are being attacked by another member simply say “refer to page 1 post 1” and move on.

Thank you in advance!

Love your products! You make some good stuff!

MantisWorx 12-09-2011 07:29 AM

GAROdisc Q+A

Q: What are Garodisc?
A: Garodisc are custom made slipper pads that replace the soft pads that come stock on 2wd and most 4wd buggies along with the SC10 4x4

Q: What makes them better than the stock pads?
A: the stock pads have worked for many years but due to the new found power of brushless and lipo the current generation of power systems overwhelm “cloth fiber” pads. This results in inconsistent slipping and “glazing”

Q: lets say I install them, will I feel a difference?
A: Most definitely you will! the Garodisc provide consistent slipping while allowing the power to get to the ground they feel like traction control. Even while slipping they still spin the tires but limit torque. This results in increased traction.

Q: Do you have them for my vehicle?
A: Currently RCshox makes them for all Associated vehicles ,Durango and Losi TLR22 coming soon.

Q: How long do they last?
A: They do not wear or glaze, the slipping action never changes!

Q: Is there any maintenance to do to them?
A: absolutely not! If for some reason you get them dirty simply lightly sand them on a flat surface, reinstall and keep on trucking!

MantisWorx 12-09-2011 07:31 AM

ACKbar Q+A

http://www.rcshox.com/wp-content/upl...stallation.pdf

MantisWorx 12-09-2011 07:32 AM

SC104x4 center dif Q+A

New from RCshox.com! Finally a solution to broken idler gears and slipper compensation! Introducing the RCshox center dif conversion for the SC10 4X4, this conversion kit transforms your SC10 4x4 to the beast that it should be! still making minor changes but pre-orders will begin on Dec 12th, there will be no extra's made on the first run so make sure you get your pre-order in!
Kit will consist of:
2 hardened dif rings
10 carbide balls
1 modified 60t spur gear (for now it will be an AE spur and only 60t will be available)
2 ring adapters
and a few other knick knacks which are still being adjusted
pre-orders will be 45.00
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/x...2-09090754.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mantiswo.../0/MjlWBzWNjkE

The center dif is actually a center ball dif conversion, just like any center dif it transfers power away from where it is not needed. There are many benefits to this one being that you decrease damage to the idler gear which has been a soft spot on our trucks! If you watch the video you will see that on the first lap i was driving crazy just to show that you can be really aggressive and the truck will not "spin" around, it pretty much follows where ever the front wheels are pointed, on low traction it is superior and on high traction the acceleration is stunning especially coming out of turns. You also increase corner speed because the front is not locked down to the rear, braking is also better.
With a slipper slipping you are always losing power, with the center dif all of the power is going somewhere at any givin time!

Center dif installation:
its pretty straight forward and i will have a video in a day or so
use the black/thrust grease on the factory thrust assembly
use only a light coat of ball dif grease on the balls themselves
tighten the nut all the way down until the coil is fully compressed
use a very small amount of blue loctite on the shaft.

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/x...difdiagram.jpg

Ok folks since the beginning of the center dif revolution it has been a known fact that some of its shortcomings were the ability to adjust "dif" action. Seeing as it is a ball dif no where in the existence of RC has there been an adjustment for this type of differential . Well once again RCshox, as promised, is changing the history of RC racing! It took me a long time to get this perfected and i have spent countless hours at the track, on the CNC machine and doing CAD work on my PC and have come up with an amazing solution. But before I get to that there is another issue with the system that not many of you are aware of. The thrust bearing assembly only uses one hardened washer from the factory which is fine with a slipper because it is all that is needed but since the Cdif is constantly working over time the "hat" washer wears a groove and becomes gritty. I also felt i needed to address this problem so I had some thrust bearings custom made for the SC104x4 as well as a custom spacer to make it all fit! Now back to the actual ball dif,
this is the power chain:
pinion to spur
spur to carbide balls
balls to dif rings
dif rings to F/R dif

The balls are what is actually doing the differentiating and by nature it is a smooth process. That is wonderful for a front or rear differential because the driving force is going the same way with basically the same force. But on a center ball diff it has the tendency to quickly go to where traction is the least available hence "diffing" out on high bite tracks. So here is the RCshox solution (this is just a demo drawing, not to scale or even accurate)
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/x...V2cdiffjpg.jpg

So here is how this works: When accelerating, the spur gear drives the pins into the balls, since both the pin and the ball are hardened (pin is not as hard as the ball) it will slow down the ball since it is a single pressure point instead of a concave pressure point that gives virtually no resistance. This is adjustable via the number of pins you install in the spur gear. You want "thick" dif action load up all 10 pins for a high bite track! you want "thin" dif action (low bite track) take them all out! and anything in between for different track conditions/ grip levels. There are other benefits to this as well, since it is pressure sensitive the harder you accelerate the tighter the dif becomes so you get the same "loose" dif benefits under deceleration, very controlled braking as well as better "in air" adjustments. This IS the ultimate upgrade for your SC10 4x4!

V2 installation by Cameron Kellog!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/10600508-post878.html

MantisWorx 12-09-2011 07:33 AM

RCshox video thread

AN RCshox montage!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Mantisworx?feature=mhee

Durango DEX210
1.2/1.3 20w f/r
very loose surface
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psReX8lRgKs

SC10 4x4
1.1/1.2 25w front
1.1/1.2 20wt rear
ACKbar -3
centerdif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjlWB...w&feature=plcp

2011 Houston toys for tots event
TQ and had radio failure in the main....
http://www.youtube.com/user/Mantiswo.../1/pc0QytDwFrs

MantisWorx 12-09-2011 07:34 AM

2012 RCshox team drivers

SC104x4 front spring rates, we are now using these springs in the rear for better jumping and traction!

(2) 3.5lb Green Front Springs
(2) 3.9lb White Front Springs
(2) 4.3lb Blue Front Springs
(2) 4.8lb Yellow Front Springs.

MARCUS WILLIAMS
SC104X4 BASE SETUP MAY 2012

FRONT:
-1* CAMBER
-1* TOE
7K DIF GREASE (KYOSHO 15-5 MIX)
ACKbar -2 SETTING
NO CLICKER/NO OVERDRIVE
OUTSIDE ARM/MIDDLE TOWER
24MM RIDE HEIGHT
5MM ROLLCENTER SHIMS
YELLOW SPRINGS/SWAY BAR

REAR:
-1.5 CAMBER
3-2 BLOCK
STD TOE IN
23MM RIDE HEIGHT
1MM ROLL CENTER SHIMS
CAMBER LINK INSIDE ON HUB
5K DIF GREASE (KYOSHO)
OUTSIDE ARMS/MIDDLE ON TOWER (INSIDE ON ARMS FOR ROUGH TRACKS)
BLUE FRONT (B4.3) SPRINGS/SWAY BAR

(8mm mod testing with 8 on outside and 6 on inside)

SHOCKS
FRONT:
RCshox V2 2 STAGE 1.1/1.2 350cst
BLADDERS WITH BLEED SCREW REMOVED ,ZERO REBOUND

REAR:
RCshox 2 STAGE 1.1/1.2 350cst
BLADDERS WITH BLEED SCREW REMOVED, ZERO REBOUND

POWERTRAIN
RCShox center Dif V2 4 pins
bRUSHLESS HOBBIES 120A ESC
TEKIN PRO4 4000KV 16/60
GENS ACE 6000 SADDLEPACKS
EXOTECH CHASSIS
NO BRACE
STRC TENSION PULLIES
__________________________________________________ _____________________

MARCUS WILLIAMS
DURANGO DEX210 SETUP

FRONT:
vector soft fronts
-4 trailing
0 toe
-1.5 camber
23mm ride height
30caster
outside arms.middle towers
TSR bladders with bleed screws left out
RCshox 6hole 1.2compression 1.3 rebound 20wt

REAR:
went between soft rebars and supersoft impacts
3.5 toe
3 kickup
-1 camber
24mm ride height
inside arms,#4 hole on RCshox tower (its inbetween middle and inside on stock tower)
TSR bladders with bleed screw removed
RCshox 6hole 1.2compression 1.3 rebound 20wt (could have easily went to 17.5 but it was cold and i got lazy!)

RM4 tranny
MMP with 14* of boost
Murfdogg 8.5 83/28
RCshox garodisc
battery in the back

Jconcepts indoor nats setup for Durango DESC410r

Front:
RH=20mm
-1.5 camber
1*toe out
no sway bar
Losi orange rear springs
mid tower
mid arm
#2 inner camber link
30wt losi oil
RCShox 1.1/1.2 4hole pistons
zero rebound
3 turns out on shock eyelet
7k dif oil

Rear:
RH=21mm
-2 camber
5k dif oil
1.5mm sway
#2 tower
middle arm
#3 hub camber link
#6 inner camber link
22.5 losi oil
RCShox 1.1/1.2 4 hole
zero rebound

15k center dif fluid
RCShox dual shorty mount
Promatch batteries

MantisWorx 12-09-2011 07:35 AM

RCshox product announcements

this post is reserved for new and upcoming products!
Sneek peak!

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/x...psba6dacb9.jpg

old&slow 12-09-2011 08:02 AM

About time

Hello Marcus

About time you put yourself and your fine products into their own thread.

RCSHOX is the real deal!!

He puts alot of effort and time in designing and testing his products. More so in my situation he puts even more time and effort into answering customers and fellow drivers questions and concerns. He has been a MAJOR contributor over in the AE sc10 4x4 thread here.

I know I can say for myself and many others he is the reason our sc10 4x are as fast and smooth handling as they have become.

I think he should chnage the name of the company from RCSHOX to something else as he is reaching out in whatever direction is needed to further the performance of our vehicles and is not just doing shock pistons for which he is mainly known for.

He is the american made sole owner bussiness man that takes pride in his work ,product and especially his reputation. He will stand behind his testing, good and bad ,and his products are proven designs from all the time he puts into them before releasing them to us.

He will do whatever he needs to do to make it right in every situation

So once again glad to see you representing here RCSHOX.

THANKS FOR MAKING MY TRUCK WAY SMOOTHER ,BETTER HANDLING AND FASTER THAN THE DRIVER I WILL EVER BE !!!

Cheers

o&s

p.s. I am not afiliated with rcshox, I have paid for every part of his I run. He has won me as a customer for life with his product and more for the sharing of his testing and countless set ups he has posted for all to gain what he has spent so much time and $ to learn

dougwalter911 12-09-2011 08:39 AM

Marcus How much will it cost to have you make me one of those saddle pack mounts I saw on the sc10 4x4 thread. I sent you a PM on this

scr8pn4205 12-09-2011 08:46 AM

where can I find the Garodisc pads on your site?

jamr1130 12-09-2011 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by old&slow (Post 10015831)
Hello Marcus

About time you put yourself and your fine products into their own thread.

RCSHOX is the real deal!!

He puts alot of effort and time in designing and testing his products. Moreso in my situation he puts even more time and effort into answer customers and fellow drivers questions and concerns. He has been a MAJOR contributor over in the AE sc10 4x4 thread here.

I know I can say for myself and many others he is the reason our sc104x are as fast and smooth handling as they have become.

I think he should chnage the name of the company from RCSHOX something else as he is reaching out in whatever direction is needed to further the performance of our vehicles and is not just doing shock pistons for which he is mainly known for.

He is the american made sole owner bussiness man that takes pride in his work and product and especially his reputation. He will stand behind his testing, good and bad and his products are proven designs from all the time he puts into them before releasing them to us.

He will do whatever he needs to do to make it right in every situation

So once again glad to see you representing here RCSHOX.

THANKS FOR MAKING MY TRUCK WAY SMOOTHER ,BETTER HANDLING AND FASTER THAN THE DRIVER I WILL EVER BE !!!

Cheers

o&s

p.s. I am not afiliated with rcshox, I have paid for every part of his I run. He has won me as a customer for life with his product and more for the sharing of his testing and countless set ups he has posted for all to gain what he has spent so much time and $ to learn

+1
Great products and great help to me in pushing my SC10 4x4 to it's performance limit. Ackbar steering rack, 2 stage shock pistons and the Garodisc slipper disc have all helped me. If you have an SC10 4x4 or 2wd check his stuff out. A man with ingenuity!

Marcus, What exactly is this new "ball diff" looking product? More details...please!:D

Disclaimer: I too am not affiliated with RCShox just a satisfied customer.

MantisWorx 12-09-2011 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by dougwalter911 (Post 10015977)
Marcus How much will it cost to have you make me one of those saddle pack mounts I saw on the sc10 4x4 thread. I sent you a PM on this

35.00 shipped contact me/order via email at [email protected] i dont plan on offereing them on the site.

SCR8 on the site go to the "shop" ,find your vehicle and it will be there!

O+S and JAM, thanx a bunch, that really means alot to me! this is going to be a good year for RCshox, i got some cool things in the works!!

outlawrcgraphic 12-09-2011 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by dougwalter911 (Post 10015977)

+1 I would like to get one also.