Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Roar onroad carpet nats

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tbeardmore
I agree Mario... well put! .... Not to mention the selection of "The Plex" as the host track this year. I think having the race in a central location helps.

Can't wait to see everyone here....!

One more thing.....

ARE YOU READY TO ROCK???

Yea, What these guys said. Thanks Dawn

I'm ready to rock. The question is, is Omaha ready for us.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I agree Mario... well put! .... Not to mention the selection of "The Plex" as the host track this year. I think having the race in a central location helps.

Can't wait to see everyone here....!

One more thing.....

ARE YOU READY TO ROCK???

Todd, you got a haircut? Nice!
Old 03-01-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Timmay!!!

That's not me... that's Lee Schultz from the Colorado "Gang".... (He's a "Rock Star")..
Old 03-02-2008, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Now, lets just get the unconfirmed entrys... confirmed.. so we know exactly the numbers we're dealing with...
Old 03-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Things to Get Right for Tech...Rear Wing Sizing

I worked Tech at the 2006 Carpet Nats and one issue that came up for a lot of first timers was the legal sizing of the rear wing.

The ROAR rules are that the maximum dimensions for length and height are 40mm and 20 mm respectively; BUT, THE CHORD LENGTH CANNOT EXCEED 40MM.

Chord length is the diagonal distance from the front leading edge to the back trailing edge of the wing. 40mm is the maximum allowed for this dimension.

Therefore, to get maximum wing, I start by making the height of the wing 20mm; then, I trim to get the chord down to 40mm. Forget the length, because it will be less than 40mm...Approx. 35.7mm is what my math comes up with.

A maximum height wing still has to be below the roof of the car; but that is another lesson.

Also check that your height of the roof of the car is legal. A slammed body can give you a big headache in Tech.

Otherwise, start checking for tech issues as soon as you can. The ROAR measuring box rules the day at the track.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Champion

Default Da Bummper...And Da ROAR Box

And don't cut out the rear bumper of a body. There is a minimum dimension from the surface for that too. Again, the ROAR measuring box checks for this. You can cut any excess bumper away AFTER YOU SEE WHAT THE BOX TELLS YOU.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any specifics on the wheel well openings??? Most usually cut quit a bit to keep the tucking to a minimum....
Old 03-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Gitsum
Any specifics on the wheel well openings??? Most usually cut quit a bit to keep the tucking to a minimum....
I always cut to eliminate tucking. Have never had anyone tech my wheel openings at a big race; but; there is a max distance in the rule book. Would have to look it up.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi Timmay!!!

That's not me... that's Lee Schultz from the Colorado "Gang".... (He's a "Rock Star")..
It's true! I met him today. He's a god among men.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:02 PM
The Evicerator

Hey Dawn,

I emailed Dave about this and haven't heard any sort of response at all... Is there another email address that we should try...?

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Steve - thanks... and yep, that would cause a huge headache. I believe that was the description and listing that has been on the list since 2005. We just created a new list for Brushless separated from brushed and moved over the exact listings and descriptions as has been in place. Mostly because I got tired of reading all the motors to find what I wanted...LOL

If the description has changed, please send an email to David Lee, [email protected] , so we can make that change if applicable and per the rules. (Or have Bob send it.)

Thanks for the heads up....
Old 03-03-2008, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
... Our lightweight motor line comes with a blue band and we also sell aftermarket blue and black rings... All of which are cosmetic only.
What about the motor heatsinks? I know that Novak and Trinity make them but are they legal.

It's pretty much the same as a clamp-on heatsink as far as I'm concerned.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
Hey Dawn,

I emailed Dave about this and haven't heard any sort of response at all... Is there another email address that we should try...?
yea, send me that email with David's email CC'd....

I'll handle it.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've e-mailed Ruben from two different e-mail addresses (the first was my work e-mail and wasn't sure if it would have gotten stopped by our hacker countermeasures...). The second e-mail I sent from my g-mail address and I have been getting strange notices that look similar to e-mails that didn't go through.

I was trying to get my information updated. Is there a better address to e-mail?
Old 03-03-2008, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by timmay70
I've e-mailed Ruben from two different e-mail addresses (the first was my work e-mail and wasn't sure if it would have gotten stopped by our hacker countermeasures...). The second e-mail I sent from my g-mail address and I have been getting strange notices that look similar to e-mails that didn't go through.

I was trying to get my information updated. Is there a better address to e-mail?
yes - [email protected] or [email protected]

Ruben: [email protected] or me... email in my signature

any of us have admin access to make changes...
Old 03-03-2008, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I had the same problem with Rubens email and gmail too. Dunno what it is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.