The new steering set is now in stock!

http://www.exotekracing.com/tc6-tc6t...-steering-set/

Old 11-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Looks awesome cant wait. preordered my from speedtechrc
Old 11-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I in stalled mine yesterday, it all went together well. The only issue I had was that my Savox 1258 servo would not work with it . Has any one else had that issue?
Old 11-17-2012, 01:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I haven't tried a a full size, standard servo, such as the Savox 1258 but in case it helps:

I run a low profile servo; specifically the Futaba BLS551. It fits fine.

I notice Exotek's photographs of the dual bellcrank steering setup show a low profile servo. However, it appears a full size servo would fit, provided there is enough clearance between the servo and the antenna mount.

Is the extra length of your full size Savox 1258 making it run into the antenna mount? If so, it seems there would be two possible solutions:
--- Run a full size servo, move the antenna mount (to the top deck)
--- Run a low profile servo.

By the way, I love my TC6TEK. It's made my car so smooth and consistent; a joy to drive. First race with it I was just shy of my personal best in the first qualifier. Made two small setup changes for the second qualifier and the car was hooked up! I beat my personal best in the second qualifier, then beat my new personal best again in the A Main.

PS. For a servo saver with the dual bellcrank steering, the following works perfectly:
--- Tamiya servo saver PN 51000
--- 3Racing aluminum servo saver arm PN 3RAC-HTS30/LB
--- 3mm spacer (between aluminum servo saver arm and ball stud)
--- Team Associated long (silver) 8mm ball stud PN 31284
--- M3 locknut

Last edited by waswadener; 11-17-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by waswadener
I haven't tried a a full size, standard servo, such as the Savox 1258 but in case it helps:

I run a low profile servo; specifically the Futaba BLS551. It fits fine.

I notice Exotek's photographs of the dual bellcrank steering setup show a low profile servo. However, it appears a full size servo would fit, provided there is enough clearance between the servo and the antenna mount.

Is the extra length of your full size Savox 1258 making it run into the antenna mount? If so, it seems there would be two possible solutions:
--- Run a full size servo, move the antenna mount (to the top deck)
--- Run a low profile servo.

By the way, I love my TC6TEK. It's made my car so smooth and consistent; a joy to drive. First race with it I was just shy of my personal best in the first qualifier. Made two small setup changes for the second qualifier and the car was hooked up! I beat my personal best in the second qualifier, then beat my new personal best again in the A Main.

PS. For a servo saver with the dual bellcrank steering, the following works perfectly:
--- Tamiya servo saver PN 51000
--- 3Racing aluminum servo saver arm PN 3RAC-HTS30/LB
--- 3mm spacer (between aluminum servo saver arm and ball stud)
--- Team Associated long (silver) 8mm ball stud PN 31284
--- M3 locknut
The problem I had was that the bellcrank on the left side would hit the servo it seems that the ears on that servo sit closer to the front then some others , my spectrum 6040 works great .

I also really like the way my Tek6 performs !
Old 11-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rosko
Anyone have a chart for rollcenters comparable to stock kit. someone said with no shims its like running 3a, how many shim for 3b?
to get 3b u would need 2mm shims under all the blocks i tried it and work great.

I also just installed the new dule steering and the thing is really smooth good job Exotek!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the reply
Old 11-19-2012, 10:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

PLEASE NOTE; Over the weekend we have determined that Savox servos will not work with this steering set sorry. Savox has used a proprietary servo ear that sits too forward compared to other brands so the case will hit the cranks. Sorry- we do not use Savox gear so it never came up in testing. All other brand servos will be fine.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Gawd dayumn thats HOT!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
Hi Fast Guys,

The new steering set is now in stock!

http://www.exotekracing.com/tc6-tc6t...-steering-set/

Good work Mike. Solid design as usual!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MikeR
PLEASE NOTE; Over the weekend we have determined that Savox servos will not work with this steering set sorry. Savox has used a proprietary servo ear that sits too forward compared to other brands so the case will hit the cranks. Sorry- we do not use Savox gear so it never came up in testing. All other brand servos will be fine.
I think only the low profile savox 1251 will work thats what i have in my tc and even with the new steering works fine nothing hits the cranks. i happen to try out a 1258 and 1257 savox servo from my other cars and it doesnt work but the low profile without any shims works
Old 11-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SANCHA
I think only the low profile savox 1251 will work thats what i have in my tc and even with the new steering works fine nothing hits the cranks. i happen to try out a 1258 and 1257 savox servo from my other cars and it doesnt work but the low profile without any shims works
Thats good to hear because i have the savox 1251
Old 12-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Does anyone have a chart that shows the stock suspension holder conversion to exotek/tamiya mounts with spacers?

Looking for the conversion from 3B to exotek/tamiya mount + _____mm spacers .

It looks like adding 3mm + the mount gets me to the hinge pin height of 3B.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

^ up a couple of posts it said 2mm shims to get 3B. i haven't seeen any setup sheets for/from Exotex yet...

I have recently done the Exotek Duel Bellcrank conversion. I now have a huge amount of front end grip.

Unfortunately the car is now excessively Loose Neutral Power, will do a 180 no problem. I have tried softening the rear, stiffening the front (including swaybars), rasing and lowering droop on both ends, lighter oil in the rear gear diff (spool front), lowering roll centre rear – raising the front, rasing the front high and lowering the rear.

Im using sweep 32s on med grip outdoor asphalt

Has anybody else had this issue and were/how you able to sort it out?

*edit
Camber- F -1, R -1.5
castor - 4deg
tow F 1mm, rear 2.5 total
ride hight F 5mm, R5.5mm
droop 2mm all around

Thanks!

Last edited by Monsta; 02-10-2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: more info
Old 02-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default exotek setup

Originally Posted by Monsta
^ up a couple of posts it said 2mm shims to get 3B. i haven't seeen any setup sheets for/from Exotex yet...

I have recently done the Exotek Duel Bellcrank conversion. I now have a huge amount of front end grip.

Unfortunately the car is now excessively Loose Neutral Power, will do a 180 no problem. I have tried softening the rear, stiffening the front (including swaybars), rasing and lowering droop on both ends, lighter oil in the rear gear diff (spool front), lowering roll centre rear – raising the front, rasing the front high and lowering the rear.

Im using sweep 32s on med grip outdoor asphalt

Has anybody else had this issue and were/how you able to sort it out?

*edit
Camber- F -1, R -1.5
castor - 4deg
tow F 1mm, rear 2.5 total
ride hight F 5mm, R5.5mm
droop 2mm all around

Thanks!

You should try
Camber F -2, R -1.5
Castor 4 deg
toe F -1, R 3
ride height 5mm F/R
droop F 6, R 5
Shock positions F 3C, R3B

If the track is high grip then i run 2mm under all the mounts. Last time i measured its equal to 3B . If the track is low grip i run no shims under the mount. For oil i am using 37.5 losi F/R with RSD Red spring F/R(15.5) or you can use RSD blue spring in the rear (14.4)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.