Wiki Posts
Search

TC4 setup tips

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default TC4 setup tips

I just finally ot my tc4 running correctly and now that it is up to speed I can say two things. For one, I can go up a few teeth on my pinion. Two, it doesnt handle worth dump right now. We do mainly parking lot racing and I was recomended rubber tires. I have them on and the car has a tendency to get really loose. I only did a few passes to make sure everything was running right but I know as a fact I wouldnt make it around a track the way it is now. Any tips or pointing fingers towards other threads with good tips would be awesome. Thanks guys and happy racing.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There is a thread just for TC4. Just search for it in the on road electric forum.

Also, it sounds like you need big time set up help. I just got back into R/C and started racing w/ a used TC4 in a VTA class. Before you start changing things haphazardly it would do you well to learn about setup. Trust me, I was there. Theres a book by XXX Main called "Touring car chassis set up guide" 18 to 20 bucks. There is also a great free DL from the Xray website that I was directed to. You'd have to google that one but it's worth it.

After that, don't forget about the racers at your track. They are very helpful to newbies most of the time. They also know that track.

When you start posting more questions try to be very detailed about your setup and the track your running. Folks here need that info to be more helpful to you. They have helped me alot.

Have fun.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tiger72
There is a thread just for TC4. Just search for it in the on road electric forum.

Also, it sounds like you need big time set up help. I just got back into R/C and started racing w/ a used TC4 in a VTA class. Before you start changing things haphazardly it would do you well to learn about setup. Trust me, I was there. Theres a book by XXX Main called "Touring car chassis set up guide" 18 to 20 bucks. There is also a great free DL from the Xray website that I was directed to. You'd have to google that one but it's worth it.

After that, don't forget about the racers at your track. They are very helpful to newbies most of the time. They also know that track.

When you start posting more questions try to be very detailed about your setup and the track your running. Folks here need that info to be more helpful to you. They have helped me alot.

Have fun.
Gotcha buddy and I understand that the more info the better. Funny how I can set up and fly the heck out of a heli but this on road thing is a whole new beast to me. Ill do a search for some tc4 setup tips a bit more and see where that leads me too. I really have zero clue to begin but this is my learning car until I outfit my JRXS type-r LOSI.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:31 AM
Tech Elite

I also run asphalt. Here are a few things you can change that might improve your cars handling. -2° of camber all around, 1° toe-out in front and 2° toe-in in rear, 4 droop all around, 4.3mm spacing on front springs, 4mm spacing on the rear, and 6° of front caster.