Wiki Posts
Search

lrp spx stock spec

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
I see the potential reason of running 2 for the first setting with 12th scale cars running 8 minutes; but, why run it for WGT which are usually 5-6 minutes?

Bill
I see your point, but I am using the Novak Smart Boost which has LiPo protection built-in, and I didn't want to encounter an issue with power input to the ESC, and Setting 2 on Mode 1 seemed the best fit.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kn7671
Any have an SPX that has quit doing its magical timing thing on profile 6, 7, and 8...??

One of my SPX's now operates more like a Sphere Comp '07 than an SPX. It still works, but when I was checking the car out after racing the other day, I noticed that the motor wasn't winding out like it used to. I compared it to another SPX in another identical car, and that motor kept winding up on profile 7 or 8 at full throttle. My 'broke' SPX is adding timing, but it feels/sounds like a small specific amount is being added, nothing dynamic like a working SPX should does. I'm definitely losing speed and power from this thing, but why it still seems works correctly other than the timing thing, at least for now anyway, is puzzling.

Thoughts or input please.
I do not have personal experience with this problem but have read on another thread a racer from Europe talking about this. His statement was that a team driver he knows that uses the SPX replaces his speedo monthly to keep the speedo fresh so he will not loose power.

I kinda hate to use the new one I just purchased if it deteriorates over time..........
Old 07-28-2009, 09:31 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I just copied from Bill
Touring Car: running 6.0 13.5 profile 8 duo middle hole at Speedworld, wow! Nobody had straight or infield on me
Old 07-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i think this speedo is a little wierd and i cant understand it

i have a TRF416we with a GM 13.5 and an SPX on program 7 and gearing 4.0

my mate has an XRAY009 again with a GM 13.5 and an SPX on program 7 with gearing 4.4

we are both the same speed and punch out of the corners !!!!

how can this be ????

if i switch to gearing 4.1 or 3.9 i have nothing !!!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

I started to use the SPX more than 2 months ago and till now is perfect; but reading your replyes most of the time i think that people are using this ESC a little bit overgeared while the best results i found are with a FR of 7,x with program 8 and 6,7x with program 7
This is with 10,5 motors on touring cars.
And for sure my car is always one of the top speed car during the our race.
I hope this can help someone and also apologize me for my english.

Ciao
Old 07-28-2009, 08:27 PM
IQ0
Tech Adept

anyone can tell me if it is ok to use 3.0t or 3.5t lrp brushless motor onto spx bullet reverse esc with 7.2V (lipo batt)? or should i use the 6.0V (sub-c) instead?
Old 08-01-2009, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Hey guys, where can I get the black and white LRP stickers? I used to have a ton of them, and IDK where they went
Old 08-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Default LRP SPX Queries

Profiles set too 2,4,0,0

Running on Sunday for the first time with a Novak 10.5 at 53mm in a 1/12th car .On bench testing after set up ,Occasionally when i hit the throttle the motor goes berserk .Soon as i back off and apply throttle it seems normal. It doesnt do this every time just odd times.

Also both brake settings set to zero but as soon as throttle hits neutral or slightly pull back brake is instant stop of motor.
Is the above normal.

Do I need to do some adjustments on my hand set which happens to be a FUTABA 3VCS

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
i think this speedo is a little wierd and i cant understand it

i have a TRF416we with a GM 13.5 and an SPX on program 7 and gearing 4.0

my mate has an XRAY009 again with a GM 13.5 and an SPX on program 7 with gearing 4.4

we are both the same speed and punch out of the corners !!!!

how can this be ????

if i switch to gearing 4.1 or 3.9 i have nothing !!!!!
The speedy lacks torque. Try 4.6-4.8 profile 8

One member of a track i visit connected speedys via the robotronic dyno and his results were the SPX had more rpm but at the expense of reduced torque, this is why the SPX pulls harder out of the corners geared at say 4.8 over 4.0.
I dropped 8 teeth 64pitch from my previous speedy with 10.5, the top end was good bottom end pull was average.

I went to the KO BMC 1.5ver and when setup with a good profile it will just pull away from the SPX.

I dont care to much for top end speed as long as it is close but bottom end torque out of the corner is 10 times more important to me as there are more corners than straights.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah

From all of this I suggest that anyone using this speedy throw out the rule book for gearing and start re writing it for yourself and your own track. Finding that sweet spot where the boost kicks in at the right time is the key as you can have all the speed at the end of the straight but using the extra punch out the corners and up the hills in our case is where its at.
I totally agree.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
I just copied from Bill
Touring Car: running 6.0 13.5 profile 8 duo middle hole at Speedworld, wow! Nobody had straight or infield on me
I'm at 5.7 gearing...

Awesome!
Old 08-02-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

Default settings and role out

Yep awsome

Ran ESC for first time in a 1/12th carpet race. Settings 2,6,0,0 large track 35mt X 14 after 3 rounds changed settings too 2,6,1,1 as was a bit technical.
Improved 2 laps on my first runs. TQ and won A final.
Not getting too excited as this was a club meet but been going for 18 months and not achieved this before.

Found car smooth and punch and top speed were just perfect. Rollout was a bit strange. Ran Novak 10.5 normally run at 53mm rollout but finished up at 58mm motor and Esc ran cooler at the higher gearing.
HTH
Old 08-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Our recent expereinces......

Hi all - our recent experiences with the spx ........

My son has run his new spx for a few weeks now (Xray T2'007 / Novak 10.5SS / Trakpower) on our small, tight and slippy carpet indoor track in the UK.

We are very, very pleased with the results using profile 7, with FDR of 6.8 (from 5.6). He gained about 0.4 sec per lap (on 12 - 13 sec laps) and went from 23 laps over 6 min to 25 laps . Motor temps are around 45deg c (113 Farenheit) so are well in the safe zone, the ESC is cool to touch (didn't even bother measuring !).

Interestingly, I was concerned about how the higher profile would perform due to excessive wheelspin on corner exits, but the power take-up seems a lot smoother than the GTB, and has proved to be no problem at all. Top end speed is about the same, even with the much lower gearing.

Overall, very satisfied indeed !

Charles
Old 08-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

I have two TCs and they now both have SPXs and use 28C SMC lipos. I am really liking the SPX because it has great brakes, top speed, and driveability. My 13.5 car with a Novak motor is geared at 6.1 with stock motor timing on profile 7. My 17.5 TC has a Speed Passion Ultrasportsman motor and it's now geared at 4.1 on profile 6. Both motors come off the track at about 150-160 F in 85-90 F ambient.

The Novak motor works quite well with the SPX. The Speed Passion motor on the SPX is alright, but I expect a little more speed out of it. Both motors perform much better on the SPX than the GTB, however, on a GTB, the Speed Passion motor was just plain slow, unless it is geared down to around 3.5. I found out that it needs lots of gear to be fast and the problem is that it heats up too quickly and I can't use the FDRs that I want to. On the up side, that motor has great brakes; despite the brakes, I'm planning on getting a 17.5 Novak motor to replace it soon.

Other "new generation" speedos being used around here are the Tekin RS/Pro and the KO BMC. From what I'm seeing, the throttle and brake characteristics of each varies a little, but overall they are all fairly equal in performance. The SPX is my choice because it's easy to set up and you don't need a laptop or anything else extra to program it.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i am back to my original gearing from when i was using my TC spec !!!!

4.0 and an 19.2 on our track where i could only do 19.6

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.