Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2005 ROAR On-Road Carpet Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So, was there any Spektrums to be found at the nats? Did any of the factory guys have them in their cars and were there any problems?
Old 03-20-2005, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by Joneser
So, was there any Spektrums to be found at the nats? Did any of the factory guys have them in their cars and were there any problems?
one of the losi guys ran one from the picture

- nashracer's pictures #54 -
http://www.nashrcracer.com/2005roarnats/roarnats54.htm
Old 03-20-2005, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Jon Orr 1/12th National Champion

Originally posted by 51
Jon Orr brings home the National Championship with the LRP/Reedy Brushless System! Let the revolution begin...

Congrats J.O.B.!
....WOW...The tech in Brushless is comming up.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:58 PM
R/C Tech Founder

So from what I can gather, we have:

Stock TC: Peter Robinson
19T TC: Mike Dumas
Mod TC: Chris Tosolini
Stock 1/12: Ray Darroch
Mod 1/12: Jon Orr

Look right?
Old 03-20-2005, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Jon Orr 1/12th National Champion

Originally posted by 51
Jon Orr brings home the National Championship with the LRP/Reedy Brushless System! Let the revolution begin...

Congrats J.O.B.!
Congratulations to all of our National Champions. I just hope with all the controversy of brushless this weekend, that Jon's abilties as a driver won't be overlooked and his victory tarnished. As a driver he did what he had to do and raced the best races he could. Although not all may be happy with how the brushless decision was made this week. Jon still deserves the acknowledgement and respect he deserves as a national champion. Congratulations again to all drivers.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Wow!

Well, despite the problems that will certianly be learned from.... we do have some winners of this event. In the end, these are the drivers that prevailed over all that has been thrown at them. Hind sight is a marvelous thing, lets move along. Congrat's to local driver Peter for "bringing it" home!!!! Trav and now Peter rule the rug in the Northwest in stock class. Chris; you done good.

Brian: slapmaster tools
Old 03-20-2005, 11:32 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wonder if we'll ever get a full rundown of all mains?
Old 03-21-2005, 03:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Exclamation

Originally posted by kennyb
Okay i was trying to read through all theposts to see the ocncerns. Can somebody send me an e-mail at [email protected] and let me know what exactly happened with Raul, no motor tech , and other items.

Kraig posted an item above about takign it out on the next track. I can't say much as I wasn't there and I do have concerns over any and all actions by the ROAR DRO and at he host track owner/RD. I was the DRO for this event, until David Lee had called and told me had worked out a line of communication with George. So I tought David was the best fit.

There was a comment above about standing behind even if we are volunteers. I think I can say I do will continue (check wiht Kraig, Brian Anthony and many others...) I was not there but I sank in my chair everytime I read more an more posts.

I also saw a check list of race items....most of the items are in the natioanls guidelines. As far as host tracks, we can only pick from those who submit. No matter which we go...no race nobody wins....bad race nobody wins. Tech equipment is being currently pursued.

ROAR is not a bad organization and it has few problems and it is culminated wiht instant access to the internet. The pronlem is events like this are more likely a problem wiht race management, and the personnel from both ROAR and the rac host. I can apologize from ROAR and will try to resolve issues. Please e-mail (addy is above) wiht serious comments and no flamage..nobody win thens. Serious comments efforts please.

Let's more on and get things back up from here.

Kenny B
ROAR ExComm
Kenny,
YGM!
Old 03-21-2005, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Free stuff

This 1/12 body is the one Jeff Cuff used, then for autograph gor me Jeff Cuff. The sedan body was in the trash
Attached Thumbnails 2005 ROAR On-Road Carpet Nationals-dsc00731.jpg  
Old 03-21-2005, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Free stuff

Originally posted by dawgmeat
This 1/12 body is the one Jeff Cuff used, then for autograph gor me Jeff Cuff. The sedan body was in the trash

this Alex Lopez hand out motor
Attached Thumbnails 2005 ROAR On-Road Carpet Nationals-dsc00730.jpg  
Old 03-21-2005, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Free stuff

Originally posted by dawgmeat
Looks like that sedan body might be Flacks ..............
Old 03-21-2005, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Here for the offical thread,

I feel I have to comment on this.That is disgusting.Plain and simple.I was turned away with my daughter and son.I don't think any of us look like "the element",whatever the hell that is to begin with.What a complete joke.I spoke very politely and respectfully to this idiots wife.I think it would be OBVIOUS to anyone with a third grade education that we weren't any "element".Hopefully this place will disappear quickly with just a minor stain on the landscape.Mario.

QUOTE]Originally posted by raffaelli
I spoke to George about those that were turned away. He said that due to the element that lives in the area, he turned away people that looked like they belonged to the element. Other than that, he asked people to park elsewhere so that paid racers could have priority.

Not saying people were not asked to leave.....just reporting what I was told. [/QUOTE]
Old 03-21-2005, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Here for the offical thread,

Originally posted by lotus1
I feel I have to comment on this.That is disgusting.Plain and simple.I was turned away with my daughter and son.I don't think any of us look like "the element",whatever the hell that is to begin with.What a complete joke.I spoke very politely and respectfully to this idiots wife.I think it would be OBVIOUS to anyone with a third grade education that we weren't any "element".Hopefully this place will disappear quickly with just a minor stain on the landscape.Mario.

QUOTE]Originally posted by raffaelli
I spoke to George about those that were turned away. He said that due to the element that lives in the area, he turned away people that looked like they belonged to the element. Other than that, he asked people to park elsewhere so that paid racers could have priority.

Not saying people were not asked to leave.....just reporting what I was told.
[/QUOTE]

And what element is this???????????????????????? The people who race there are from all backgrounds
Old 03-21-2005, 05:13 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

"the element"?

"George" was turning away spectators who look like they belong to the "element"? WTF?

If this is true, ROAR better explain why the hell they gave this character a NATIONAL event.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Who won Masters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.