Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 09:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
should have kept your 'cuda... j/k
Pro4...
Actually the R2 was the smoothest car of all, I couldn't get any aggressive feel out of it.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

how is it possible to put the front shock end at the second hole (from outside), the wheel (24mm) will touch the shock end until 45% of Dual-rate...
So now I have to use the 3rd hole...
Old 12-10-2003, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the two outer holes are for the rear.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Randman,are you running the stock steering block or the 0 degree non trailing version?Try the Yokomo option non trailing steering block as this will give you a more agressive feel going in.When I switched I noticed the difference right away.Dont worry youll figure how to make the car agressive.Its your first shake down run.If you want to sell it already,let me know!
Old 12-10-2003, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by jwf_frani
the two outer holes are for the rear.
Thanks.
Actually I saw the second hole were used on several set-up sheets...the stock RS set-up even recommends it...
Old 12-10-2003, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Jeff I have been thinking of getting another Yok. or I might just go with a TC3. I havent quite decided yet, thats why I was asking about the CGM chassi. I can certainly tell you that the G+ is not for me!
Old 12-10-2003, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by utieh
how is it possible to put the front shock end at the second hole (from outside), the wheel (24mm) will touch the shock end until 45% of Dual-rate...
So now I have to use the 3rd hole...
You can use the 2nd from outside hole for the shocks. Just use a different plastic "ball" in the shock-end. Use part A-F instead of the standard A-E. Both of these parts are located on the shock plastic parts tree A (page 20 in SD SSG manual) but the A-F part is not normally used. When you use these parts the wheel will not hit the shock-end.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by racenut123
Randman,are you running the stock steering block or the 0 degree non trailing version?Try the Yokomo option non trailing steering block as this will give you a more agressive feel going in.When I switched I noticed the difference right away.Dont worry youll figure how to make the car agressive.Its your first shake down run.If you want to sell it already,let me know!
I'll call Speedtech now and see if they have those blocks, hopefully they can give me a little more turn-in. I even went with the upper holes in the caster blocks, but that seemed to take out a bit of turn-in.

I feel like the car had as much cornerspeed as my Losi did, but it came out of the corners a bit faster.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by kentech
You can use the 2nd from outside hole for the shocks. Just use a different plastic "ball" in the shock-end. Use part A-F instead of the standard A-E. Both of these parts are located on the shock plastic parts tree A (page 20 in SD SSG manual) but the A-F part is not normally used. When you use these parts the wheel will not hit the shock-end.
thanks a lot
the other problem in this case is the upper anti roll bar but I will try first with the 3rd hole.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

When I ran my SD for the first time it would not turn in like I wanted either. I did some of the things you listed but the ones that also helped was to add a washer under the rear hinge pin mount to take away some front Kick..I did that and liked it alot.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:13 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Jeff Werner
When I ran my SD for the first time it would not turn in like I wanted either. I did some of the things you listed but the ones that also helped was to add a washer under the rear hinge pin mount to take away some front Kick..I did that and liked it alot.
Sounds good, I'll try that as well, I really do like the car though, night and day from what I experienced with the SSG.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:59 AM
IH
Tech Adept

Hey,

I have a question concerning kick-up. i know that you adjust kick-up by putting shims under the hinge pin mounts. Is it true that more kick-up (shims under the front hinge pin mount) will give you less turn in but more steering in the middle of the corner
and less kick-up works just the other way around?

What is the effect of doing this at the rear end (is this called anti-squat?). Where do you put the shims then?

Thanks,
ingo
Old 12-10-2003, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Jeff Werner
0 steering block is for sure more steering, after you try it you might have to make more changes ot get the balence goood.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The car comes with the -2 offset knuckle right?
Old 12-10-2003, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by IH
Hey,

I have a question concerning kick-up. i know that you adjust kick-up by putting shims under the hinge pin mounts. Is it true that more kick-up (shims under the front hinge pin mount) will give you less turn in but more steering in the middle of the corner
and less kick-up works just the other way around?

What is the effect of doing this at the rear end (is this called anti-squat?). Where do you put the shims then?

Thanks,
ingo
in the rear, anti squat, you angle arm up to the front. the more anti the more forward bite. also it will give you more turn in I think do to less grip going in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.