Search

M8 or Helios?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 02:37 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: M8 with HRS

Originally posted by koabich
disaster999 do you have any information on when the M8 will have the HRS?
I was going to buy a Helios but I'd rather wait to get the Airtronics if they will be coming out with the HRS.
Thanks
i would love to tell you and to all the people out there when the HRS M8 is gonna be out IF i know how to read japanese!

and it seems like everyone here is going for the helios! im not surpriced considering i believe everyone must be totally BORED with the old design of the M8!

but i personally would go for the 3PK, im waiting for the titanium black special which looks a lot cooler than the regular gold color!

anyways..just up to you all!
Old 01-15-2004, 10:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks everyone for their help.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
i think the black 3pk is available in 27 or 40 from precision rc.

285 ish.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

futaba includes the bigger receivers i've seen since i started running r/c cars.....
other thing is the ergonomics, all futaba transmitters have a lot weight in the bottom and the trigger isn't confortable...

The quality is very good, but the ergonomics is the wrost....
Old 01-15-2004, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SalvadoriRacing
The quality is very good, but the ergonomics is the wrost....
Depends.... on the hands. In my hands several Fut's fit very nice - way better than the Mars, which actually is too small for my hands. And a budget friendly computer FM radio like the 3PDF feels very good.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Whats a better way to go, 27mhz or 75mhz?
Old 01-15-2004, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

let's be realistic, folks... that "high response" thing is only marketing BS...

1- the current radios are plenty "fast"... no one but only a handful of drivers could notice whether the response is "faster" or not. what do you think, that an M8, a Mars or an R1 are "slow"?
2- Worse: most of us would actually benefit from "slower" radios and servos, because we can't drive accurately and smoothly enough...

If your current radio matches your needs and doesn't glitch, keep it... Anyway it's non-glitching and the feel in your hand that matter most.

Later,
Folks
Old 01-16-2004, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

I'll second lonestar. Please note, none of the HRS radios have published data on how much it mean in the real world. No statements like "it's like going from a 0,15 servo to a 0,10". Just the fancy words, nothing else.

No-glitching and feel, yep they are the most important. On a third place, adjustment comes. Adjusting, so you can get a better trigger feel makes a good difference.

So my personal meaning is this: Everything above radios like Presto, 3PDF and MX-3, is overkill. However, the M8 is only a little more expensive than a Presto/3PDF (at least around here), so I would go with the M8, if I should buy an radio today.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:15 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by birdy233
Whats a better way to go, 27mhz or 75mhz?
i personally like 40 mhz cuz having radio hits is clost to NONE! but its illegal and its hard to find extra receivers without spending a few extra bucks!
Old 01-16-2004, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Just a question...

If i buy a Sanwa Super EXZES (Stick) and use a KO PROPO digital servo (2343). Would they work together?

I currently own a Mars-R. It's well built but I just can't seem to get comfortable with the pistol.

Reason why I have the Sanwa in mind is because of the price.

Comes with a RX311 reciever + battery/charger <--any good?

The Vantage Type-R cost a lot more with no battery.

Are there any other stick radio I should have a look at?

Thanks
Old 01-16-2004, 07:35 AM
Tech Regular

Hum,

I have both, and the one thing I can't say is that the M8 is heavier than the Helios (now it's actually lighter coz I took the batteries out )

For adjustments there's no better LCD screen than the M8
On software the EX10 excels (maybe to many features but they are there and you can use them if you need)
The HRS and ARS (I tried both already) IMHO make no difference whatsoever. I use KO new FET servos or SANWA ERG digital servos and there's nothing different with that HRS and ARS crap that I didn't have with my plain M8.

I prefer the feel of the M8, and that's maybe because the wheel is more distant from the trigger line. But this may just me because I've used the M8 for a long time and I'm used to that posture

Overall I have to say I prefer the Helios. Why? Well it has 3 blue leds 1 green and two red, and my M8 has just a puny little red one (i love leds)
Old 01-16-2004, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by antoniop
Hum,
I prefer the feel of the M8, and that's maybe because the wheel is more distant from the trigger line. But this may just me because I've used the M8 for a long time and I'm used to that posture......

Won't the wheel extension unit drop the wheel and away from the trigger line?
Old 01-16-2004, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Yep. That's exactly what it does. I'm going to give it a try before buying that unit.
It may be just a matter of getting used to it.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

I think that thing even pivots the steering wheel to different angles for a more ergonomic feel.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

antoniop, if you want something better than the puny red led, then you need to go to the local Radio Shack and get som different collored leds to replace the red on with. When I had a M8 I switched to yellow and made the hole a bit larger. IMO it was mucher better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.