Old 02-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Ooops.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

No mercy for the one run jokers?

I dunno, honestly, it depends on the circumstance. If it's just an incidental tap and they tuck, too bad. If it's a legit tap, I'd wait on 'em most likely.

How often do you know for sure if the guy in front of you has a LW body? I'd think you might not be sure unless it's someone you're pitting with, or friends with.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

or you could look at it this way qualify with the lightweight as qualifying is usually a "little" cleaner and run the main with the reg body and PEEL away LOL

see brandon there is your solution glad I could help
Old 02-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~
For the purpose of this discussion, the third place car is a lap down.
Knowing that your not gonna have your second place taken by the third place guy... The first time you wait for the marshal to fix the body. However the second time it tucks, you continue on to victory...

Snowy.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
I cant understand why any one would not cut out the body to miss the tire.
If for no other reason than to prevent chunks on foams.
Totaly agree. Best post on this thread!
Old 02-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

...I had an idea on this issue and wonder if instead of using a 'min thickness' use a 'min weight' instead.

If the advantage of the lighter body is due to weight - than a 'min weight' ruling on body weight might be easier to police (Scale vs. Mic Readings)

Guys already run paint as thin as possible to lighten up the bodies in a lot of cases...

Would this address the issue? Or is there something more Aero or something for the advantage of a lighter body?
Old 02-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SWTour
...I had an idea on this issue and wonder if instead of using a 'min thickness' use a 'min weight' instead.
I see a run on ShooGoo purchases..
Old 02-05-2008, 11:49 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour

If the advantage of the lighter body is due to weight - than a 'min weight' ruling on body weight might be easier to police (Scale vs. Mic Readings)

Guys already run paint as thin as possible to lighten up the bodies in a lot of cases...

Would this address the issue? Or is there something more Aero or something for the advantage of a lighter body?
If there was a minimum weight for the body, I would think people would still buy the lightest body possible, and then add shoe goo to the lowest most central points on the body to bring it up to weight.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

YOUR fault you've touched him so you WAIT no matter what shell he's using. What is wrong with you people?
Old 02-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

I see a run on ShooGoo purchases..
ShoeGoo - Extra Paint - what ever made it make weight - if WEIGHT is the issue for wanting these light bodies...

(I'm a wall banger - I'd rather have .060 bodies - but I'm not a guy winning World/National championships...and I have to PAY for my bodies)
Old 02-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

If I just touched the car and the body tucked, I would keep on going.

If I took the car out, then I would stop and let the person get back in front of me.

They really do need to institute a body thickness rule. Safety would be my main concern.

Safety - We don't need marshalls to fix tucked bodies. We only need marshalls to fix stuck, flipped or out of bounds cars or pull cars from the track if broken. The more you have a marshall going on the track there is more risk in something bad happening.

Also, if the bodies become so thin that you can't even handle them, a marshall has more of chance of hurting themselves due to motor and battery heat, as well as, any other protruding objects that could cause harm when handling a car with a flimsy body. Not only that, but also there is a higher chance the marshall actually tears the body when marshalling the car.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

LW bodies seems like another one of those faster-for-no-good-reason scenarios. You pretty much have to run them to be at the very top, and doing so introduces a whole bunch of annoyances. Why aren't they outlawed already?
Old 02-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
LW bodies seems like another one of those faster-for-no-good-reason scenarios. You pretty much have to run them to be at the very top, and doing so introduces a whole bunch of annoyances. Why aren't they outlawed already?
It's like the foam tire debate. Because the sponsored racers get them for free they don't care if they tear through a body in a day. Just paint up another one for the next day.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
The rule change has been in the works for some time. The big question is the best way to enforce it.
Nothing smaller than .030. Tech the bodies in a couple of different sections.

LW bodies are bad for the entire RC Racing community. Be done with them. If everybody is running a .030 there is no advantage and less problems with tucks and what not.

I have a LW body from one manufacturer that is only .008 on the sides and it is supposed to be an .020 body. It is like tissue paper. RIDICULOUS. Be done with the ultra LW bodies and bring back some better racing.

Do you really think a thread like this would of started if we did not have the ULTRA LW bodies? NOPE.

It's not a big deal to make the change and it is going to make for better racing. "Some" of the manufacturer's just need to get onboard and see the light. Win at all costs is not a good attitude.

Take a look at the photo with a rear shock tower hanging off of the back of the car prevent tucking. Remove weight from the body and turn around and hang it off the back of your car.
Attached Thumbnails Body Tuck Ethics and The Modern Racer-rb.jpg  

Last edited by RBLove; 02-05-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

If the guy is normally faster than me, I'll keep going. He's going to catch me anyway. If the guy is normally slower than me, I'll keep going. He didn't stand a chance to begin with. Seriously though. I would stop. I'd rather leave the race not worrying about who I cheated out of a win (opinions vary) instead of a 5 cent blue ribbon. It's still just a hobby.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.