Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 12:26 AM
Tech Rookie

No offence... but some guy made that comments some time back in this forum.. but that guy not drives an RR... Ironic is it?

I will NEVER drive a RR in oval... "road course" is where the action is. Also read my screen name and the stuff I post.. ... I am being scaristic.

Actually I pity the people that actually hide the pole... I just heard too much about that funny/wackup place... A friend of mine when there to watch this "track" (well running around 2 light pole can be call a track I think....) He/She told me the 2 times he/she was there... both times a car hit the light pole... I mean... that's MAD SKILLZ.. hahahaa
Old 04-15-2002, 12:28 AM
Tech Rookie

I think someone is waiting for the appearence of Will Fok.. or Willy Fok or Willie Fok... damn.. what a name..
Old 04-15-2002, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Mauler

Try running 10-20000 up front and 5000 or 3000 in the rear... this will give you a very good turn in... of course, all these at the expense of more gear wear...

If you are running on a high grip track, try a front one way and a loose rear, this would make you do a hair pin in a split second! Handles very much like an electric, without brakes of course!
Ok i tried a few different set up's i think that i am on the right track with 30,000 in the front and 50,000 in the rear with a hand made sway bar in the rear out of an hpi black spring. that gave me a lot of steering and makes the rear feel planted. i will try one on the front and see if it keeps the car flatter in a corner.
Old 04-15-2002, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by OvalSucksAtBart
I think someone is waiting for the appearence of Will Fok.. or Willy Fok or Willie Fok... damn.. what a name..

I think that person is YOU

Has Mr Fok done something to make you bash his name in every thread about the V one R
I have been reading this trash on the HPI thread as well, and its getting really old and childish

could we just stop bothering the guy, as far as I know he has NOT done anything to you or anyone else, or our lives so boreing we need something to do
Old 04-15-2002, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Originally posted by OvalSucksAtBart

I think that person is YOU

Has Mr Fok done something to make you bash his name in every thread about the V one R
I have been reading this trash on the HPI thread as well, and its getting really old and childish

could we just stop bothering the guy, as far as I know he has NOT done anything to you or anyone else, or our lives so boreing we need something to do
I absolutely agree lets keep this thread for V1R only. Go play in the chat room if you want to engage in "who is racing tonight" or "who I dont like" discussions.
Old 04-15-2002, 07:27 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

OvalSucksAtBart, what is your problem? If you happen to know who W Fok is, then who are you?

Seems you're just hiding behind your handle name. Just because W Fok made a comment about the RR, you go all postal. And why bring this up now? Its been a while since the dispute. I actually agree with W Fok. The RR doesn't have a true floating rear body mount because its connected to the links. I don't own the RR either but I know a true floating body mount when I see one (basically all onroad 1/8th's and 1/10th's have a similar setup.) Just for your information, W Fok said nothing negative about the RR other than the design of the mount. Some of you guys that attacked him got some serious issues here.

Guys, these are toy cars here that we are playing with. So what if they run an oval at BART? I don't find running oval all to thrilling myself but at least those guys are having fun. After all, we all put our hard earned money into these cars. The last thing we want to do is bicker about which car is better. So get out there, run your car, and have fun! After all, this is what the hobby is all about...

Edit: Sorry AMG, I won't be replying again in here unless its V1R related.

Last edited by Dan; 04-15-2002 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-15-2002, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

edit. sorry AmG.. just trying to Invite the neW GuY In

Last edited by MtX2ImPuLsEr; 04-15-2002 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-15-2002, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Dan
Edit: Sorry AMG, I won't be replying again in here unless its V1R related.
No problem man was not directed at anybody in particular!! This thread is full of great information and I hate to see this awesome resource being wasted by pointless posts.

There are plenty of opportunities to post in other areas:

If you are a newb: http://www.rctech.net/forum/forumdis...p?s=&forumid=7

If you wanna chat about where to race: http://www.rctech.net/forum/forumdis...?s=&forumid=37

If you wanna shoot the breeze or play character assasin as some people like to: http://www.rctech.net/forum/forumdis...p?s=&forumid=9

If you have some good V1R info please post here!!!!!!

Also can I request anybody who has posted junk up above go and delete their replies to clean up this thread. Just edit your post and hit delete...........
Old 04-15-2002, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

My buddy over here had tried experimenting with using Fantom springs on the V1 with Reds at front, not sure which at the back. He is swearing by these reckons that it makes the car have MORE overall grip even though the springs are much harder. Mayby the car is undersprung even with Gold/Gold like I use............

Also the standard Kyosho RR swaybar seems to be crazy stiff even when adjusted for minimum tension. Anyone know of some softer aftermarket bars. I was told by "the master" (Manticore ) that the 3 Racing brand is softer. Any one else know of softer ones?
Old 04-15-2002, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

AMGRacer-

i Just got the swarBAR kit from Kyosho"not the blade kit" for the front of the VoneR.. The only problem is i cant find anything to mount it to my uperdeck.. What are you using for swaybar mounts ? Where do the mounts come from....

thanks.

-Tg
Old 04-15-2002, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by THeGame
AMGRacer-

i Just got the swarBAR kit from Kyosho"not the blade kit" for the front of the VoneR.. The only problem is i cant find anything to mount it to my uperdeck.. What are you using for swaybar mounts ? Where do the mounts come from....

thanks.

-Tg
Did you get the manual with your car?

Check this link. http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/amgr...oner_man_6.jpg

There is a part tree with the roll over bar on it and the radio tray supports. Look at the only greyed out items they are the plastic bits you need. Then you need to fix this part to the front of the top plate with two long cap head screws in place of the original capheads (front two which hold the deck in) and two flanged screws go into the other holes to hold the bar in.

Kinda tough to explain hope this helps.

The swaybars come with instructions which should show this in more detail. If you are missing your car manual try here: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXXG63&P=7
Old 04-15-2002, 09:38 PM
Tech Addict

AMG: i am using red spring in front and rear, and i like it alot. both are rear springs. with a lola body though.. hehe..
Old 04-15-2002, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

What difference did it make to your car???
Old 04-15-2002, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

AMGRacer

Thanks for the info.... That link you posted doesnt work for me....
can you email it or post it.. [email protected]..

I got the car used with no manual.. So do you know the part number for the parts tree that i need ??

Thanks for your help..

-TG
Old 04-15-2002, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Wierd links work for me. Ok sent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.