Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree167Likes

Tamiya XV-01

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

haplm,

Do you need more on power turn in, or off power turn in?

I was playing with my suspension (like I do almost everyday) and found some settings that off power I can basically get my car to 180 without loosing control. Super soft rear end I think it was.

Your will get a lot of body roll but the tires will bite.

You might have to balance the stiffness though if you want maintain high power steering though. Too soft in the rear on power makes for one good turn, but if you need to counter steer correct, the fast body roll will mess up your rear traction.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:02 AM
Tech Adept

I think you should try the Pirelli knock-offs on dirty tarmac.

Absolutely useless tire when it comes to racing, but so much fun otherwise. It slides, but has a decent grip under acceleration, and it even squeaks like a real tire ;-). From time to time I just take kids, we go to a park with wide tarmac paths, and there I drive the car like crazy on those tires. And you bet we have some audience ;-).
Old 10-17-2016, 11:42 PM
Tech Addict

Okay more Czech Republic rally!

@hapln, which one are you? 😋

My RC has been in my trunk for a couple of days. Waiting to find a nice parking lot to smash in.

Any updates on people's cars?
Old 10-18-2016, 05:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4roller

My RC has been in my trunk for a couple of days. Waiting to find a nice parking lot to smash in.

I hope you haven't left your Lipo batteries in there. The heat can really kill them.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Just got my first XV-01, a used Subaru rally kit, but with a few upgrades. Amazingly, the previous owner put the Tamiya titanium screw kit on it, along with TRF shocks, aluminum suspension mounts and CVDs. At the end of that, probably should have just bought the pro haha.

I'm in the process of rebuilding it as we speak, it's going to be a fun winter project. Planning on running a 13.5 brushless motor. I've already put most of the titanium fasteners in my racing onroad car, so it'll be back to steel for the most part.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 4roller

Come on, this is the main championship. I'm not there (yet) :-).

I forgot to send you those links, I will. But this is me. ;-)
Old 10-18-2016, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by haplm

You'd go much faster if you didn't use slow motion
Old 10-19-2016, 12:12 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the heads up. It was cool today, but tomorrow is suppose to be 35 Celcius! I pulled my box out of the trunk and stored it in my workshop. My car is going to be an oven tomorrow!

Originally Posted by gigaplex
I hope you haven't left your Lipo batteries in there. The heat can really kill them.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:18 AM
Tech Addict

So cool!

I can't wait to see you custom build. I see that a lot of people in these races are using modded chassis of x-rays and older Tamiya kits. Then almost everyone is driving a hatchback body of some sort. Haha

Old 10-19-2016, 12:23 AM
Tech Addict

I have about 4 sets of tires to burn through before I order another set. I will try the Austar Pirelli's. I've seen a number of TC bashers running them in other threads, looks like a good tread pattern for dusty tarmac like you said.

I think you should try the Pirelli knock-offs on dirty tarmac.

Absolutely useless tire when it comes to racing, but so much fun otherwise. It slides, but has a decent grip under acceleration, and it even squeaks like a real tire ;-). From time to time I just take kids, we go to a park with wide tarmac paths, and there I drive the car like crazy on those tires. And you bet we have some audience ;-).
Old 10-19-2016, 12:27 AM
Tech Addict

Welcome!

Xv-01 rebuild! Sounds like fun! I presume you will run this rally?

Originally Posted by ErikO
Just got my first XV-01, a used Subaru rally kit, but with a few upgrades. Amazingly, the previous owner put the Tamiya titanium screw kit on it, along with TRF shocks, aluminum suspension mounts and CVDs. At the end of that, probably should have just bought the pro haha.

I'm in the process of rebuilding it as we speak, it's going to be a fun winter project. Planning on running a 13.5 brushless motor. I've already put most of the titanium fasteners in my racing onroad car, so it'll be back to steel for the most part.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:39 AM
Tech Addict

The Xv-01 TC parts are now shipping from Japan. I spent a little more than I wanted to, because of shipping and fees, but spent less than I would have if bought new.

All this rally media and here I am trying to go on-road only. About the only rally available that is close to me is hopping off curbs, driveways, broken and busted up roads and parking lots, and dry grass. Actually that sounds pretty fun. I am sure the TC suspension can handle this.

Does anyone have any new pics?
Old 10-19-2016, 01:14 AM
Tech Adept

How come it seems like the XV-01 is out of stock everywhere? Is the XV-01 Pro still in production?
Old 10-19-2016, 01:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SoLost
How come it seems like the XV-01 is out of stock everywhere? Is the XV-01 Pro still in production?
Both versions of the XV-01 Pro seem to be discontinued according to the Tamiya USA website. There are still a few of the standard kits that aren't labelled as discontinued.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:46 AM
Tech Adept

Is there rumor of a XV-02? What other Rally cars are there? XV-01 looks fun!
And what are the differences between XV-01 and XV-01 Pro?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.