Community
Wiki Posts
Search

INTECH Racing ER14

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 02:25 AM
Tech Regular

Cool Another ER-14 victory in Italy.

Luca Albanese, one of Italian drivers, qualified 2nd and finished 1st with the ER-14.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Are there any setups posted anywhere for this car?
Old 03-18-2015, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxxntwv
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/intech/...ntechER14.html

That's all I could find.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Nevermind that when will option parts b available?
Old 03-20-2015, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I started building my ER-14 last night and I've got to say this is one of the best quality kits I've ever had the pleasure to assemble. I love the way everything is packaged by step making it go together quick.

Do you have any ball studs with longer threads available? I'm using thread lock to secure the lock nuts on the shock tower because the threads aren't long enough to bite into the nylon locking material. Here's a product pic to see what I mean:

It makes me wonder if they originally designed the shock towers to be 3mm thick, but upgraded them to 4mm thick and forgot to extend the length of the threads on the ball studs or mill down 1mm on the tower around the camber link holes to account for the extra thickness?
Old 03-21-2015, 07:35 PM
Tech Champion

So I'm in the final steps of my build and I've run into 2 issues:

1) The body mounts are roughly 13mm short, I had to back them with 13mm worth of spacers and use a 3x20mm screw to secure them, and now my body fits perfectly.

2) I just put my car on the setup station and the links keep popping off every time I try to adjust the turnbuckles with my wrench. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm leaning toward boring out the threads on the ball cups, but not sure if someone has tried something else that might be a better solution?

I found that the front upper deck lined up perfectly with my transponder and was able to tap some 3mm threads to mount it fairly easily just in front of the center diff:

I also used a spare ball cup behind the motor to secure my sensor wire:

Old 03-21-2015, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by billdelong

1) The body mounts are roughly 13mm short, I had to back them with 13mm worth of spacers and use a 3x20mm screw to secure them, and now my body fits perfectly.

2) I just put my car on the setup station and the links keep popping off every time I try to adjust the turnbuckles with my wrench. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm leaning toward boring out the threads on the ball cups, but not sure if someone has tried something else that might be a better solution?

I found that the front upper deck lined up perfectly with my transponder and was able to tap some 3mm threads to mount it fairly easily just in front of the center diff:

i used plyers to hold one end while i adjusted them.
does your esc allow you to reverse ur motor?
if not ,reverse ur f/r diffs.
looks niceeeee
Old 03-21-2015, 10:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by statton iv
i used plyers to hold one end while i adjusted them.
does your esc allow you to reverse ur motor?
if not ,reverse ur f/r diffs.
looks niceeeee
The pliers did the trick, thanks!
Yes my ESC reversed the direction just fine, I drove the car around the house and WOW, talk about insane turning radius, it can do a perfect circle within a 2.5' radius!

I can't wait to race it tomorrow at Thornhill Jr!

I also added a filler strip of plastic to my battery pack to shim the gap in my battery tray:

I applied an automotive grade vinyl chassis protector:

All of my build notes can be seen here:
http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho....php?p=2204246

Last edited by billdelong; 03-21-2015 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by statton iv
Nevermind that when will option parts b available?
The car definately need adjustable hingepin holders,after several weeks of playing with setups I've got the car decent to drive but the shocks still need work.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:07 AM
Tech Master

The pliers did the trick, thanks!
Yes my ESC reversed the direction just fine, I drove the car around the house and WOW, talk about insane turning radius, it can do a perfect circle within a 2.5' radius!

I can't wait to race it tomorrow at Thornhill Jr!

I also added a filler strip of plastic to my battery pack to shim the gap in my battery tray:

I applied an automotive grade vinyl chassis protector:

All of my build notes can be seen here:
http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho....php?p=2204246
If your track isn't a high bite surface you'll want to run light oil in the diffs especially the center.our local track is low to medium grip and I'm running 3-2-1 in mine.its sounds crazy but with anything higher than 5 in the center the car is undrivable.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:09 AM
Tech Master

Instead of adding spacers to the body mount just trim the bottom of the body.the body is too tall.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:55 AM
Tech Regular

If your track isn't a high bite surface you'll want to run light oil in the diffs especially the center.our local track is low to medium grip and I'm running 3-2-1 in mine.its sounds crazy but with anything higher than 5 in the center the car is undrivable.
thornhill jr is high bite ,cant wait to here his thoughts on the buggy.
i might go join him later today.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:52 AM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

agree on center diff. My track is Med/high bite so I went with 50,000 center....no good. Dropped to 10,000 much better. Going to try 5-7-2 next.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:54 AM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I have also been tinkering with motor placement. Started with the optional mount and put motor left front. Switched to left rear, did not like it as much so I will be going back to front.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by alb
I have also been tinkering with motor placement. Started with the optional mount and put motor left front. Switched to left rear, did not like it as much so I will be going back to front.
What do you like about the motor in the front,I've only ran mine in the rear.also what shock setup have you been using.I've tried several piston configurations and can't find a good balance between pack and static rebound.if I get the shocks to pack good for jumps it gets upset over small sharp bumps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.