Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ebone
question. i was puting together my kit last night, and had a hard time getting the bearings on the main gear shaft. i basically had to beat the shaft through and now the bearings seem tight. also the rubber o ring was a no go with the tight bearing. what should i do?
Well, so the shaft seems a bit big? You can either mail it to CorallyUSA and we can check it out and supply a new one or try to polish it a bit. I would measure the layshaft as I believe the bearings are 5x8mm so it should be 5mm shaft. Let me know as I hope other kits do not have this issue. Thanks.

Jeff
Old 01-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stumper1
Just built my new kit. Everything went great. One question..

There were several 3mm aluminum spacers included but were not used per the instructions. What are they for?

Thanks.
For the shock bottom to space it out. If you notice without them the shocks are angled. Which in turn moves the shock closer to the camber link, which someone else asked about. I think putting these on will fix that problem.

Jeff
Old 01-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

i tried to get the shaft back out, but i think it is going to ruin the bearings. i would like a new shaft an bearings, then send this one back.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
For the shock bottom to space it out. If you notice without them the shocks are angled. Which in turn moves the shock closer to the camber link, which someone else asked about. I think putting these on will fix that problem.

Jeff
Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. Without the spacers the shocks are slightly angled to the rear of the car. I dremeled just a little material off of the ball cups directly behind the shock and it clears - barely To make the shocks more upright/less angled I assume you mean to use the spacers on the top or am I missing something? I just tried to put the spacers on the top and it does make the shock stand straight up - unfortunately - the kit supplied screws are not long enough .

Deric
Old 01-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Tech Adept

Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. Without the spacers the shocks are slightly angled to the rear of the car. I dremeled just a little material off of the ball cups directly behind the shock and it clears - barely To make the shocks more upright/less angled I assume you mean to use the spacers on the top or am I missing something? I just tried to put the spacers on the top and it does make the shock stand straight up - unfortunately - the kit supplied screws are not long enough .

Deric

the 3mm spacers go on the bottom....no need for the dremil....
Old 01-04-2006, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ebone
i tried to get the shaft back out, but i think it is going to ruin the bearings. i would like a new shaft an bearings, then send this one back.
Send your address to [email protected] and we will take care of it. Please drop the defective parts in the mail.

Jeff
Old 01-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bobby J
the 3mm spacers go on the bottom....no need for the dremil....
Either way I am not too worried about. I just assumed MY problem was from using RPM ball-cups instead of the kit ones. The RPM cups are a little fatter. I didn't try it - but it looks like the stock cups would clear (barely) just fine if I had used those.

I still am curious though. Are the spacers supposed to stand the shocks up straight or angle them more?

Thanks
Old 01-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

Jeff,

Deric
This may be a silly question but do you have the alloy plate that moves the lower shock mount further out on?

Cheers
Peter
Old 01-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pedro 51
This may be a silly question but do you have the alloy plate that moves the lower shock mount further out on?

Cheers
Peter
Yes.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Default Shock oil question

should you use only corally shock oil, or is it ok to use something else? like when coping a set up sheet.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nhra6849
should you use only corally shock oil, or is it ok to use something else? like when coping a set up sheet.

if the oil is the same wieght pour my friend...
Old 01-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

It would probably be best to contact Corally on these forums to find out what the team driver, whose setup you want to use, is using for shock oil. Not all shock oils are equal and I am not talking quality here. For instance, 80 LB Associated is much heavier than 80 LB Trinity. Losi is also light compared to Associated. 80 LB Trinity and 80 LB Losi feel closer to Associated 70 LB. I am sure that all shock oils differ in wieght from one another a little bit.

I would just find one oil you are comfortable with and stick with it. Oh, yeah, don't mix different brands of shock oil either!
Old 01-04-2006, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yeah, if you use shock oil stick to one brand. I personally have always used Associated shock oil. I ususally always start with 60 wt in the front and 40 wt in the rear. For asphalt I generally like to run the same weight all around, like 40wt.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Ok, call me impatient, but what new products is Specialized RC releasing "at the beginning of the year"?
Old 01-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Oh just you wait. It'll be cool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.