Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 07:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks
Do I need a mini recever to use the evo upgrade?
Old 09-04-2003, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by B4
Esham,

Besides the things Manticore said. Have you considered running the steering servo cable in behind the on/off switch (there is room there and it's protected. You may also try and get the throttle/brake servo under the upper deck. You can then attach the throttle link to the top of the servo horn. I would also not even consider racing this car till you atleast get a brace for the left side. The brace is available from Kyosho or five stars. Manticore helped told me about the brace.
in fact a few option houses offer the brace. i.e. kyosho, 5 stars, charge.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Krupt
Thanks
Do I need a mini recever to use the evo upgrade?
you can use the receiver which you currently use on your RR or R.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:34 AM
Tech Champion

Default throttle linkage

this is the way I do with the throttle servo
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho VoneR Thread-dsc00097.jpg  
Old 09-04-2003, 07:36 AM
Tech Champion

Default receiver cover

it is mugen MTX3 receiver cover which can be direct fit without any modification.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho VoneR Thread-dsc00098.jpg  
Old 09-04-2003, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

There must be something fundamental wrong here, I reckon, but could only guess as to the cause.

Were the lower pins bent in the first place? - mine were.
Up-stops making contact, maybe?
The "ball" ended blade bottoming out in the "cup" ended blade?

I've had all these and more with those wonderfully designed K-Factory articles. [/B]
Gav

I don't think there is any fundamental error, I think I'm just unlucky on this holder. without install the blade and the adjusting screw the arm move up and down smoothly as soon as I tighten it(without blade) no more smooth action
Old 09-04-2003, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: receiver cover

Originally posted by Manticore
it is mugen MTX3 receiver cover which can be direct fit without any modification.
That neat Manti, Mine need to do finishing and fine tune. Good suggestion and inspiration from fellow forum thanks
Old 09-04-2003, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by B4
I would also not even consider racing this car till you atleast get a brace for the left side. The brace is available from Kyosho or five stars. Manticore helped told me about the brace.
Why you think you need the left hand brace?? Have you noticed that it makes the car handle much better?

I am running mine without the left brace and it seems pretty good. The MTX3 also does not have a brace here...............
Old 09-04-2003, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Just installed my personal transponder on the car. Not really sure where is best to install it, I have it up on the front bumper.

Now my car weighs in a whopping 1715g dry I will attach some pictures tonight of the car on the scales weighing in at 1695g with an unpainted body installed
Old 09-04-2003, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

I built my kit as per the Kyosho instructions which included setting the rear arm droop at +4mm. When I had the car together completely the arms would not drop all the way to the droop limit setscrews.

I had built the rear shocks as per instructions with 13mm shaft length and using the longer ball ends and attached to the lower hole. I found that if I increased the rear shock shaft length to 14mm the car achieves full +4mm droop (rather than +6mm).

With my car at 5mm ride height the +4mm droop allows the rear end to rise to 9mm before the wheels leave the ground.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Some more testing on the camber angles again.

Again on my normal track with the new EVO the camber angles were wearing into my foams. After around 5 tanks with +2 front and +3 rear camber both my front and rear tires were coned inwards.

The Rear tires are coned +2 and the fronts +0.5. I am guessing that I should remove some camber to make the contact patch more even. I still cannot quite work out why this is happening on the EVO and was not on my V1RR, all I can consider is that the car does not roll the tires over anywhere near as much when cornering.

Anybody else find this same effect?
Old 09-04-2003, 04:31 PM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Why you think you need the left hand brace?? Have you noticed that it makes the car handle much better?

I am running mine without the left brace and it seems pretty good. The MTX3 also does not have a brace here...............
In my humble opinion the brace is a must have. I can not prove that it offers better handling however for the small cost in relation to the overall spend on these cars why not run it. The car is designed to have one there. I would rather pay for a brace and reduce the chance of chassis twisting than have to buy a new chassis.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by B4
In my humble opinion the brace is a must have. I can not prove that it offers better handling however for the small cost in relation to the overall spend on these cars why not run it. The car is designed to have one there. I would rather pay for a brace and reduce the chance of chassis twisting than have to buy a new chassis.
OK just wondering. You mentioned it as a must have item and I was wonderign what I was missing. I have been running on for around a year on my old RR and did not bother to install it on my EVO (It is bent) and find the EVO does not mind

However I have not been to my higher grip track as yet, mayby it will be required there.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Some more testing on the camber angles again.

Again on my normal track with the new EVO the camber angles were wearing into my foams. After around 5 tanks with +2 front and +3 rear camber both my front and rear tires were coned inwards.

The Rear tires are coned +2 and the fronts +0.5. I am guessing that I should remove some camber to make the contact patch more even. I still cannot quite work out why this is happening on the EVO and was not on my V1RR, all I can consider is that the car does not roll the tires over anywhere near as much when cornering.

Anybody else find this same effect?
what tire you were using?
Old 09-04-2003, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Manticore
what tire you were using?
GRP front and rear. They are 37 front and I think 37 rear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.