Wiki Posts
Search

RC8B vs. Hyper 9

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default RC8B vs. Hyper 9

i was wondering if anyone has driven both cars and what do you think of them? i currently have an RC8 but im going to be getting another buggy soon and was wondering which buggy is better? like which one handles better and in general a better buggy? i really like the looks of the hyper 9 but i already have a lot of experience with the rc8.
what do you guys think? rc8b owners and hyper 9 owners.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
i was wondering if anyone has driven both cars and what do you think of them? i currently have an RC8 but im going to be getting another buggy soon and was wondering which buggy is better? like which one handles better and in general a better buggy? i really like the looks of the hyper 9 but i already have a lot of experience with the rc8.
what do you guys think? rc8b owners and hyper 9 owners.
Do you want to have two buggy's? If not why don't you just do the little things to make your rc8 into a b? I bought a rc8 and its pretty much the b but im waiting on the battery box to put the reciever pack next to the steering servo and all the aluminum parts on the b i decided to do king headz because i like the stealthy black look better and as a added bonus i put a bce chassis on it but the sad thing is i havn't ran it yet
Old 08-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

yea at first i was going to get an RC8B, for a race buggy and my rc8 as my practice buggy to practice with on my backyard rc track and just to mess around with. but the more and more i see the hyper 9 the more i want it. and from what ive read so far it seems like a really good buggy. anyone out there own one that wants to tell me about it? lol
Old 08-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

did you read through the hyper 9 thread? that probably tells you all you need to know about it... there's also the hyper 9 forum on the ofna message boards.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You already have a winner, why go backwards?
Old 08-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by JoeyTheRocket
You already have a winner, why go backwards?
Ouch thats harsh. I say if you did your homework and you know what your getting then buy the hyper 9 and i wouldn't use the rc8 for practice in your backyard track because they are two different buggies and they will feel different to drive so if i was you i would bench the rc8 get a hyper 9 and take everything from the the rc8 and put it on the hyper 9 so if you dont like it more then your rc8 put the stuff back on the rc8 and sell the hyper 9 and use the cash to upgrade to the rc8b but if you like the hyper 9 then you could sell the rc8 and get stuff for the hyper 9 or buy another engine pipe servos and radio and then if you have friends that want to try to get into rc you can have them race with you on your track.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Initiate

The Hyper 9's are weaker than the RC8, and i've seen them break every time one visits our track.

The RC8B is much tougher and easier to work on, handles brilliantly, and has no potential overheating issues.

Quite like what Joey said
Old 08-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Why not just get a Rc8b and keep your old RC8 for spare parts?

The RC8 is a better car than the Hyper9 IMO.

If your going to jump to a different chassis, then why not jump up a tier to a Mugen/Xray? The Hyper 9 is ok, but its no better than an RC8.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have driven an Associated, and a Hyper9 to see what i wanted to replace my MBX5R with.. my opinion is that the hyper9 is all looks, very little form/function. Doesnt have near the amount of steering as the RC8 does. I drove all the new buggies, fell in love with the 801x with a +4 powerplant, 2 days later... just look at the sig =D
Old 08-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

thanks for the replies. i cant make up my mind on which one to get. i saw a hyper 9 at my local track and he did very well in the A main pro class. i think he finished top 5. it looked like it performed really well. it cornored better than losi imo but the losi's probly didnt have them dialed like the hyper i dont know. but hopefully he will be at the next race so i can talk to him about it.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I like the H9 I went with the D8 because of the delay on the release of the H9. At the time I was between the 2. I am happy with the D8 its a good solid car and easy to up keep $ wise. And I never broke it but a stripped plastic steering servo horn. But anyway the H9 is very innovative and is why I think it scares people away. The review in Driver on it was flawless he said with those tiny diffs it rocketed out of the corners and steered great. And the H9E is in a league if its own. Get what you want, the AE is a good car and always was I have nothing bad to say about it. They are all better than Losi
Old 08-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by malik
I like the H9 I went with the D8 because of the delay on the release of the H9. At the time I was between the 2. I am happy with the D8 its a good solid car and easy to up keep $ wise. And I never broke it but a stripped plastic steering servo horn. But anyway the H9 is very innovative and is why I think it scares people away. The review in Driver on it was flawless he said with those tiny diffs it rocketed out of the corners and steered great. And the H9E is in a league if its own. Get what you want, the AE is a good car and always was I have nothing bad to say about it. They are all better than Losi
ive been just a little interested in the D8. especially because of the price! how does it compete with the RC8's and does it handle as good?
Old 08-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Prophet

i do like the look of the hyper allthough some of the parts look quite thin espially on the suspension arms,as for rc8 it depends on the driver i seen quite a few break a lot but thats really the driver but they also drove it hard as hell to on the track,i was looking at the d8 before i got a losi eight 1.0 but none of the hobby stores where im at had the parts for it dont know why though cause it is a diversion of hpi racing,the eight isnt bad my the way u just have to drive it smooth u can drive it somewhat hard the parts do seem to wear quite quickly though thats the only thing i dont like about it
Old 08-30-2009, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

in my opinion any car is turnable ive ran the hyper 9 since it came out with good results, i have,nt had anywhere nere the problems i read lately things have been good the last 4-5 events i have won and nealy tq,d them all, this is only at club level, i have recently got the new hyper 9 b version i have to say once i setup the diffs it is a faster car , i hav e herd that the rc8 plastics were out really fast from people that drive them , if u have ran the rc8 time for a change u dont know unless u try dude
Old 08-30-2009, 05:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
ive been just a little interested in the D8. especially because of the price! how does it compete with the RC8's and does it handle as good?
When I had my Rc8 I would have gladly traded for a D8!

The D8 has its weight farther forward and steers more agressively and rotates quicker than the RC8. You need a torqy engine with the D8 it seems to accellerate slower thant the RC8. (+4 or Jx21) When its pushed beyond its limit it is really stable despite its quick steering, I think that is because of its heavy chassis (is it 4mm thick?).

The only problems with the few I've had the chance to drive is that they really didn't want to "carve" larger highspeed sweepers. It seemed to want to rotate and slide instead. Going to thicker front diff fluid and adding 1mm more front droop would have fixed that.

Seems more durable than the RC8 and wears about the same. I think they've solved the D8's driveshaft problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.