Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 07:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

It is funny about the turning the wheel thing. If you asked Adam after the race I assuming he was not setting up for a turn at the end of the jump he may not even remember doing it. It just becomes one of those things you do like countersteering in a loose corner.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Derek - It wouldn't be a problem if I had any digital pictures of my buggy. I have a ton of my trucks driving around the track (95% of them are courtesy of Allison Mann) but none of my BK2! haha

Casper - That's the darn truth. It took Adam a whole day to teach me how to do that because he couldn't figure out what he was doing..haha
Old 11-23-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Yeah you see the really good guys do it all the time and that is part of the reason there cars always looks so planted when they land but it is not a concious effort. It is something that was learned from years of experience and more of an unconcious reaction. It is part of being "in the zone"! Now that you have an 1/8th scale you will really learn how much this wheel turning will effect flight. When I was running 4wd I had my buggy go from completley on edge (flat part of the wheels toward the ground) to landing on all fours buy the turn of the wheels. The gyroscopic effect of the turning wheels is what does it all but when you can spin up the front wheels with a 4wd it really makes a dramatic change!
Old 11-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

That is funny about the 1/8th scales....they can come off the jump dang near about to barrel-roll and can be brougt right back with a blip of the throttle. Aint Physics cool....
Old 11-23-2004, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Aaron,

I think I sent you an e-mail, but I don't know if it worked....if you got it, great!....if not, then let me know...Thanks!
Old 11-23-2004, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Aaron, raced your buddy Al Horne again last sunday. He put the spank of spankings on me again. Also creamed everyone in the MT class too with his MGT. Guys that good just amaze me. But I like being on the track with them!
Old 11-24-2004, 01:44 AM
Tech Elite

Casper - Oh trust me I've definitely learned how to control my car in the air..I NEVER jump flat, but I always land

mafia - I got it, I'll get to it soon, hopefully tomorrow

jbrow - Horne is getting pretty darn fast.

Keep racing with the fast guys, that's the best way to get faster.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

aight, thanks Aaron.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

What happens when you ARE the fast guy....do you get slower until someone beats you again?
Old 11-24-2004, 08:34 AM
Tech Prophet

I find being the fastest guy is beneicial also. It builds confidence when you do lead a race. It is important to know that you can lead and win. If you are the fastest guy at your track work to make sure you stay consistant each and every run. If you have tranponders work to make every lap within a sec of your fastest lap with no mistakes. These are little things you can do to challange yourself. Just as racing with faster guys help you push yourself to go faster being fastest teaches you confidence.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

how do i change th shift point on my tmaxx? anybody know of a boost bottle for my nitro evader st?
Old 11-27-2004, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

MIP used to make a boost bottle but I'm not sure if they still sell it. I don't recall anyone finding much gain with it.

Turning the adjustment screw counterclockwise will make the truck shift earlier, clockwise will shift later. Remove the access plug on the transmission and turn the spur gear until you see the hole in the 2-speed gear, then roll the car forward until you see the second set screw in the 2-speed clutch (it's the one that sits at an angle). I'd suggest going in 1/2 turn increments until you get close to what you want.

mafia - Have someone sit down with a stop watch and start clicking off laptimes.
Old 11-27-2004, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Aaron,

How's that...thing....comming? Just wondering? Thanks again!
Old 11-28-2004, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

Yea thid AD Siro motor is insane, it keeps flipping my car over backwards on the straightaway LOL

Im having a problem with it stalling out after I run it for a like three minutes it seems to not hold a idle, just like a worn out engine does, their is huge compression, I will say at the end of the day the flywheel came loose, dont know if that could of caused it during the day, lossing a little at a time ,or not, new glowplug, temps 200-220 using a os carb, stock carb broke.

Any and all suggestions and thaughts are welcomed I appreciate it

THanks
Dave MAc
Old 11-29-2004, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

ANY clutch problems will cause that, so it's very possible you solved your issue by tightening it.

If it keeps doing it, let me know. If it keeps happening, it may be your LSN.

mafia - I'll try to get to it this week..sorry!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.