Community
Wiki Posts
Search

User Opinions TB02/TB03

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 10:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Default User Opinions TB02/TB03

I am interested in buying a TB02 to race.

I currently own a TB03 Surikarn Limited Edition and find that I am forever destroying the bevel gears located in the front and rear gear boxes.

Can anyone that owns a TB02 please advise if the same problem occurs given Tamiya static driveshaft option they have included in the TB model series.

Alternatively could those of you that own a TB03 Surikarn Limited Edition offer any suggestions on how to prevent the bevel gears from becoming damaged in the front and rear gear boxes.

Thanks!
Old 08-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The evo III shaft fits a little loose. If you use the tb02 shaft in the evoIII it fits really well. There is also a lt wt shaft same length.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by dsrbltoys
The evo III shaft fits a little loose. If you use the tb02 shaft in the evoIII it fits really well. There is also a lt wt shaft same length.
Originally posted by bawho
Alternatively could those of you that own a TB03 Surikarn Limited Edition offer any suggestions on how to prevent the bevel gears from becoming damaged in the front and rear gear boxes.

Thanks!
like what dsrbltoys mentioned above... use the lightweight shaft in your EvoIIISE and pick up the new bevel gears. they are fatter than the old ones and made of a new material. if possible, use the penguin backing plate. best way to not strip a gear is to avoid hard crashes good luck!
Old 08-04-2004, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Speedtech RC has the gears and the new prop shaft (part number 53686) < be sure to get that EXACT part number or your not getting the right shaft

My Evo3 SL is out of commision too...Just new gears, shaft and diff outdrives needed (those white ones keep breaking)
Old 08-04-2004, 07:20 PM
Tech Initiate

like what dsrbltoys mentioned above... use the lightweight shaft in your EvoIIISE and pick up the new bevel gears. they are fatter than the old ones and made of a new material. if possible, use the penguin backing plate. best way to not strip a gear is to avoid hard crashes good luck!
Can you explain to me that the penguin backing plate is?
Old 08-05-2004, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Old 08-31-2004, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

there is this.
http://64.70.208.72/speedtechrc/85.html
But it's sold out.

so we could try this.

TAM53626 Tamiya carbon back plate for EVOIII one-way

http://www.sslorder.com/speedtechrc/261.html

Tamiya carbon back plate for EVOIII one-way. A must hop-up to prevent stripping of the front one-way ring gear

and pick up the new bevel gears. they are fatter than the old ones and made of a new material.
Where do we find these larger gears?
Old 08-31-2004, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

The carbon backing plate does CRAP for your problem...I just stripped an emense amount of crown gears

The shaft IS the solution. Go to Tower Hobbies and do a little hunting for it. They got it