Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are the Americans up to snuff?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I did not mean to leave out the Yokomo cars......especially the BD. Their new shaft car has a lower CG and other new tidbits........if part support is not a problem, it is definately worth taking a look at.........
Old 11-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Wow, you mean to win the worlds, all I have to do is buy a Tamiya and practice? Thank you so much for your great advice douche bag.(Where I'm from douche bag means douche bag.)
Old 11-10-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChadCapece
Will we see your name in the Worlds A-Main? It's all just speculation HH, so take a chill pill and relax.
heck NO !! but Iam not the one complianing about our brothers running for the RED WHITE AND BLUE either. if you or him think either of you can make the differance? well heck son! shit or get off the pot!

by the way I dont need a chill pill Iam on enough prozack !!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Personally I'm not up to snuff. It makes me sneeze uncontrollably. Not really my bag, if you know what I mean but, different strokes and all that....
Old 11-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
Personally I'm not up to snuff. It makes me sneeze uncontrollably. Not really my bag, if you know what I mean but, different strokes and all that....

Well, we kicked the world's collective ass in the IFMAR off-road worlds. So I'd say we're doing ok.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by patrick
Wow, you mean to win the worlds, all I have to do is buy a Tamiya and practice? Thank you so much for your great advice douche bag.(Where I'm from douche bag means douche bag.)
This is a good as it gets.......I think I just wet my pants with this post.........where I am from douche bag means douche bag.................It is all good.

Hey Pat, you think you could read between the lines on the buy a Tamiya and practice? Relax it is just a post.......but I did laugh my ass off with douche bag means douche bag...nice one.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Check this out!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=90189

Lets fry 'em!
Old 11-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Guys, did no one read my first post? We cannot compare the US to the rest of the world. We can compare the US to Germany or to Japan or to the UK, but not the world. According to the numbers, we do much better than we statistically should.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

When you think about it, I would bet most Americans would rather beat their friends, whether or not they are in the A or the D-main. When I raced electric stock and my friend raced nitro mod at the HPI Challenge last year, I ripped on him then, and ever once in a while now that my average speed and laptimes were faster. Two completely differenct classes and races, but it all boiled down to I beat HIM. And patrick- That's basically what it comes down to... buying a ______ and practicing. Because with practice comes experience, with experience comes knowledge. When you put your new knowledge and practice together, you get faster laptimes.
-Josh
Old 11-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Josh, buddy, I know. I was being sarchastic with my last post. Sheesh.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadCapece
Guys, did no one read my first post? We cannot compare the US to the rest of the world. We can compare the US to Germany or to Japan or to the UK, but not the world. According to the numbers, we do much better than we statistically should.
Actually that comparison is way off because there are huges masses of people from different countries all over the world who would never have raced or even seen an rc car.

A more realistic comparision would be country vs country, where statistically, the US should be the dominant force, however even this is an over-simplified and essentially useless comparison as it doesn't take into account the percentage of a population that actually is involved in rc racing.

If you want to talk about Countries performing above their means - you only have to look at Finland - a small population yet they provide plenty of world class rc drivers AND full size race drivers in Rallying, F1 etc

As an outside observer, besides from the valid points raised by Soviet, I can add one more theoy:

There are simply so many different forms of racing in the US that it must cause some dilution of the available talent pool.

Look at it this way - If a country like the USA has 20 "world class" drivers - and they race in 10 different classes - then they only have 2 world class drivers per class!

Other countries may have less "world class" drivers, but they concentrate on maybe one or two classes only - which boosts their strength in those classes.

Something to consider.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:30 PM

Just like all motorsports currently. the US lags behind. I mean what other country needs to have a nation wide drivers search for 3 years just to get someone into B car position in F1? If the US wasnt so damn concerned with roundy round racing we may actually have some world class drivers in heavier numbers.

in the real motorsports world the reason the US lags so far behind is simple. Money.

All money currently goes into the series that make all the money Nascar, and that strangles the road/rally/open wheel money.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bender
Actually that comparison is way off because there are huges masses of people from different countries all over the world who would never have raced or even seen an rc car.

A more realistic comparision would be country vs country, where statistically, the US should be the dominant force, however even this is an over-simplified and essentially useless comparison as it doesn't take into account the percentage of a population that actually is involved in rc racing.

If you want to talk about Countries performing above their means - you only have to look at Finland - a small population yet they provide plenty of world class rc drivers AND full size race drivers in Rallying, F1 etc

As an outside observer, besides from the valid points raised by Soviet, I can add one more theoy:

There are simply so many different forms of racing in the US that it must cause some dilution of the available talent pool.

Look at it this way - If a country like the USA has 20 "world class" drivers - and they race in 10 different classes - then they only have 2 world class drivers per class!

Other countries may have less "world class" drivers, but they concentrate on maybe one or two classes only - which boosts their strength in those classes.

Something to consider.
Excellent post...and you are right.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Default Post has been answered. It is now closed.

I would like to thank everyone that has contributed to the "Are Americans up to snuff?" Post. It was brilliantly answered by Bender and I see no real need to continue discussing it. Please feel free to read this post, as you already have unless you scrolled down to the last page which is where you are now.....thanks again, stop by anytime.

Love,
The crew at RCTech SW branch, USA
Old 11-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bender

Until we have those statistics, you are only speculating that a smaller percentage of a foreign countries population is less exposed than the American population. Ratio wise, we crush all 3rd world countries and high poverty nations, but in the world, we are still less exposed than the other 6 continents (5 if we count South America) as a combined whole. So if we put 2 Americans in the A in the last worlds, that is likely to be on par with our ratio of drivers to population compared with other stable countries.

That's my estimate, which is only based on opinion (like your opinion) until we can see some stats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.