Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well, the sad day has come. Our track here in Metro Detroit closed down last year. After much searching, I just don't have anywhere close to run this car. Is anyone interested in taking my USVTA car off my hands?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160979673814...84.m1555.l2649

I really wish a hobby store would support onroad around here. Hope other tracks in the Midwest are doing okay...
Old 02-27-2013, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5th wheel
I wish we had vta here in Florida
yes there is....
Old 02-27-2013, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Think I'd try to recruit a female driver in my vta car. As for paint scheme probably a flame job by a Great local painter. I like flash!
Female? Flash? Let's see it!

Is the Big Pun Mike hooking you up, or Mike T or John? All those dudes do awesome work. I just don't have time and can't do nearly as good of a job. It would help if I was home. Lol. Jimmy Winn just asked me to do a few bodies for him. I still have to do my son's GT car, my new GT car and my VTA Mustang.

Originally Posted by jhwnissan
Well, the sad day has come. Our track here in Metro Detroit closed down last year. After much searching, I just don't have anywhere close to run this car. Is anyone interested in taking my USVTA car off my hands?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160979673814...84.m1555.l2649

I really wish a hobby store would support onroad around here. Hope other tracks in the Midwest are doing okay...
Man that's sad to hear. We had a good Electric Onroad Series last year and it sparked more interest in on road racing here in Texas. It's growing, as is VTA. Move down and join us in the fun!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If any of you are in the central Texas area, it looks like VTA is beginning to get some momentum in Austin. HobbyTown is looking like it'll have a strong VTA class very soon! We only had 3 last week (our first time running the class that I'm aware of), but there are many others in the process of putting cars together right now.

So if you're in the area, please come out and help the class grow!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rodarbal

Man that's sad to hear. We had a good Electric Onroad Series last year and it sparked more interest in on road racing here in Texas. It's growing, as is VTA. Move down and join us in the fun!
Yeah... it's a real bummer. I had just gotten into it. That's why I went with mostly stuff that was built well but not adjustable. I just wanted to focus on driving rather than get caught up on settings constantly. It worked out well and while I was a tad slower than a few other guys, I won a race and was consistently 2nd and 3rd every week. Even took it to some of the X-Rays just because I could be more consistent. One of these days I'll get back into it, but there's no sense in leaving good equipment to collect dust. I hope someone will get as much fun out of it as I did.

Long live USVTA
Old 02-27-2013, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

vta is strong in central Florida, also part of FSEARA and any big race.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Well, the sad day has come. Our track here in Metro Detroit closed down last year. After much searching, I just don't have anywhere close to run this car.
Same happened here in Indianapolis when RCAR closed. It took a year, but finally our other track, Indy RC, brought on VTA. As you all might suspect, once they did, it was very popular again!

So, you could just hang on to your cars unless you have to sell them. There are probably guys right now that are talking to leasing agents and looking for a place to open a new on-road track. Have faith! Great American Capitolism just might kick in, even in Detroit!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com
Same happened here in Indianapolis when RCAR closed. It took a year, but finally our other track, Indy RC, brought on VTA. As you all might suspect, once they did, it was very popular again!

So, you could just hang on to your cars unless you have to sell them. There are probably guys right now that are talking to leasing agents and looking for a place to open a new on-road track. Have faith! Great American Capitolism just might kick in, even in Detroit!
I'm definitely going to do something with it if it doesn't sell. Part of the problem seems to be a few unsavory members of the crowd around these parts. They just killed onroad here. Those who are die hards drive more than an hour to race. I would love to do that, but already drive so much for my current job. It'll be much more infrequent trips if I start back up again.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm definitely going to do something with it if it doesn't sell. Part of the problem seems to be a few unsavory members of the crowd around these parts. They just killed onroad here. Those who are die hards drive more than an hour to race. I would love to do that, but already drive so much for my current job. It'll be much more infrequent trips if I start back up again.
A couple of guys drive down from the Detroit area to Toledo on Sundays. Hobby Stop West runs VTA. They drive an hour or so to get there? MSI was the track they were racing at before it closed?
Old 02-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by team mopar
A couple of guys drive down from the Detroit area to Toledo on Sundays. Hobby Stop West runs VTA. They drive an hour or so to get there? MSI was the track they were racing at before it closed?
Yup.. sadly I was one of the MSI people. It was a great place... I'm sad it closed. One of these days I might make it down there. Currently, I just have too many commitments on Sundays. I've heard that place is great, though.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

We do
You just have to look for what
On road track is racing
Almost every track in Florida is running USVTA rules now
You keep driving to scrc to play in the dirt
Take a ride over to FIRC or superior or Kissimmee
All these tracks run REAL USVTA
Old 02-27-2013, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

I may look into that I am still new and not that good of a driver yet.to be racing
Old 02-27-2013, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

gotta practice and race to get better
Old 02-28-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by oceanhighz
gotta practice and race to get better
SO TRUE.... best way to do it is to jump in with both feet. That's what I did. Everyone stinks at first but you get a ton better over time. You'll surprise yourself. There is NO substitute for racing. I raced against X-Ray guys with that TT-01 who would put down amazing times in practice. With other cars on the track during a race... they downright stank. They couldn't handle the traffic and became impatient or broke. Just get out there!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Practice laps and racing laps are 2 entirely different animals. Practice laps are usually on your own, no pressure to stay in the lead or try to catch up to the next best position, and you're just out there to run clean laps. When you get out there in a race scenario all of that goes out the window. The excitement of battling another driver takes over. You lose sight of just trying to run your own race with clean laps.

I learned that during my Off-Road hiatus, towards the end of running Off-Road I was consistantly running towards the bottom of the A-Mains every week in Stock SCT. All I was doing every week was running my own race not caring who or where I was compared to the rest of the guys. From time to time I would get into heated battles with another driver but for the most part I would just tuck in behind the driver in front of me then wait for him to make a mistake. Usually they do sometimes they don't.

Get out there and just practice no other way to do it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.