Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree108Likes

Team Associated T5M Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 12:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I contacted them and they replied back within the hour and are going to send me a new set of the updated ones. Been a long time since I got a response back that fast, great customer service. Last time I had service that good was when we raced Custom Works sprint cars they are top notch when it comes to customer service.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
use you man fingers to squeeze them. dont be gentle
+1 or pop on backwards and clean your ballstuds when you pop them off just for sh#$# and giggles.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Braxamus
I contacted them and they replied back within the hour and are going to send me a new set of the updated ones. Been a long time since I got a response back that fast, great customer service. Last time I had service that good was when we raced Custom Works sprint cars they are top notch when it comes to customer service.
i didn't even think to do that. i did it the old fashioned way and bought new ones. the updated ones are money. totally free, no binding, and still don't pop off.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I did.... Told me to put them on backwards then pop them on the correct way... My kit was missing many part and had 15 screws without threads.... They replaced the missing parts but refused to replace the cups
Old 09-19-2015, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

My cups have been good but with a pinch on those little bitches the get real loose. Pretty much the best new thing for me on the 5th gens. Was always popping cups with the old stuff. These new cars make it so much fun. You can break but it is very few and far between. I remember cringing every time I crashed my b4. Now When I crash I sometimes smile and then think back to the b4 and shake in fright.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
i didn't even think to do that. i did it the old fashioned way and bought new ones. the updated ones are money. totally free, no binding, and still don't pop off.
Lol, I didn't even know there was a "right way" to put them on!
Old 09-22-2015, 03:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi could someone measure the length of the T5M chassis for me please.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Location: Tulsa Oklahoma (the anti-track)where you are only two hours from the nearest race
Default kinda newb question-regarding body

just built my t5m, better late than never, i noticed on the body what looks like two outlined areas under the front windshield in the cowl area and it looks like they outlined a rear windshield but provided no mask. Are these areas to be cut out for air flow for electronics or ballooning like on a short course? Also, the front shock tower has a place to screw something, is this intended for a transponder mount? if not then what is it for and where are you guys mounting your transponder.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone heard if/when a lite kit will be released?
Old 09-25-2015, 07:08 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
Anyone heard if/when a lite kit will be released?
doubtful that happens if at all until the spring
Old 09-25-2015, 08:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hulklikebuggy
just built my t5m, better late than never, i noticed on the body what looks like two outlined areas under the front windshield in the cowl area and it looks like they outlined a rear windshield but provided no mask. Are these areas to be cut out for air flow for electronics or ballooning like on a short course? Also, the front shock tower has a place to screw something, is this intended for a transponder mount? if not then what is it for and where are you guys mounting your transponder.
I believe those places on the body are to be cut out to allow for air flow. And not sure what hole you are talking about on the shock tower a pic would help. I mounted my transponder right on top of the servo.

Last edited by Braxamus; 09-25-2015 at 09:35 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:39 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hulklikebuggy
The holes on the front shock tower are for the SC5M body mounts.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Picked up 2 sets of each frt and rr of the new truck springs. Swapped the fronts on my sc5m. For grays.

But wondering for guys that are running truck springs.on their T5M which of the 3 are you running front and back? And did you go to short spring cups?
Old 09-25-2015, 10:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am stumped building my brand new T5m. I bought a brand new T5m from my LHS and with some recommendations here I bought the MIP aluminum 3 gear transmission case.

The build was going really easy almost too easy then I got to the point in the manual to build the ball diff this isn't my first ball diff I put it together exactly as the manual shows then assembled the MIP transmission and this is where my problem began.

I installed the 3 gear but I could not get one of my links to its ball stud with the dog bone installed in the out drive. The "T" nut is sitting so far out into the out drive the dog bone can't go in far enough to let me pop on the rear link. I thought maybe i didn't have the ball diff tight enough I cranked it down to the point I stripped the head on the bolt. I removed the 3 gear took it back apart and removed the ball diff finally got it back apart in 3 pieces.

I went to my LHS got a new T nut and bolt and proceeded to try it again and still tightened all the way up with the thrust spring in the out drive and the T nut the dog bone does not go far enough into the out drive to let me hook up my rear link.

I am completely stumped the only way I can get the T nut deep enough into the out drive I have had to remove the thrust spring and with the bolt ran down tight my diff now feels useless its really loose without the thrust spring.

Any and all help is appreciated I have spent 4 hours trying to remedy this on my bench I can't so I came here to ask should i use a gear diff with the MIp 3 gear?
Old 09-26-2015, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Yes you go to the shorter spring cups. I bought whites and greens. I may start off with the whites.

Originally Posted by robbie_gtc
Picked up 2 sets of each frt and rr of the new truck springs. Swapped the fronts on my sc5m. For grays.

But wondering for guys that are running truck springs.on their T5M which of the 3 are you running front and back? And did you go to short spring cups?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.