Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Problem with Collari XS12 not returning to idle >

Problem with Collari XS12 not returning to idle

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem with Collari XS12 not returning to idle

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Problem with Collari XS12 not returning to idle

I have a problem that is beyond my limited tuning knowledge so any help would be appreciated.

Have a Collari XS12 that seems to run fine as long as the engine temp is below 230F but when it reaches this point it won't come back to idle. At WOT it runs at about 56MPH on a speed meter and then when you bring it back to idle it runs at about 30mph. Have taken the filter off to check and the carbie is definitely closed. If you just leave it at idle it keeps running at that speed. If you load it up with full brake then after a few seconds it drops back to idle. I thought it was an air leak in the carbie so to eliminate that I changed the carbie and sealed the base with high temp RTV. Still has the same problem though.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received am travelling to a big meeting this weekend and would prefer to race
Old 01-17-2005, 02:38 PM
afm
Tech Master

Default Re: Problem with Collari XS12 not returning to idle

Originally posted by Marman
I have a problem that is beyond my limited tuning knowledge so any help would be appreciated.

Have a Collari XS12 that seems to run fine as long as the engine temp is below 230F but when it reaches this point it won't come back to idle. At WOT it runs at about 56MPH on a speed meter and then when you bring it back to idle it runs at about 30mph. Have taken the filter off to check and the carbie is definitely closed. If you just leave it at idle it keeps running at that speed. If you load it up with full brake then after a few seconds it drops back to idle. I thought it was an air leak in the carbie so to eliminate that I changed the carbie and sealed the base with high temp RTV. Still has the same problem though.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received am travelling to a big meeting this weekend and would prefer to race
It's a carburation problem, your engine is to lean, try opening the low end needle about 1/4 of a turn and try. You may need to raise the idle if tends to shut off. Engine should idle for at least 30 seconds after a good run, and then feel a little loaded when accelerating again, but not shut off. Then tune your high end needle so temp doesn't go beyond 250ºF

AFM
Old 01-18-2005, 02:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks for that. Ended up taking a lot more than 1/4, almost 2/3 in the end but it is running great now comes straight back to idle and sits there happily for well over 20 sec. Thanks again.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Collari

I had the same issue. To be honest I got fed up with it and bought an original Lamberto Collari 7 port engine.

All I can say is that the original one flies and tunes like my RB WS.

I bought the collari innotech as an original collari engine....

After doing some research i found out that I got screwed and bought the real thing
Old 02-02-2005, 07:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default loaded

Hi afm

AS you mentioned, is it normal for my engine to feel a little loaded after idling for about 30 secs.? or i still have to find the right needle adjustment for this not to happen...thanks
Old 02-02-2005, 08:08 AM
afm
Tech Master

Default Re: loaded

Originally posted by bboytab
Hi afm

AS you mentioned, is it normal for my engine to feel a little loaded after idling for about 30 secs.? or i still have to find the right needle adjustment for this not to happen...thanks
It's Ok that it feels a little loaded after idling for 30 seconds. Next thing is to see if you have nice and crips acceleration on the track coming out of turns. If it tends to bog a bit, you can fine tune a hair your LSN...but be carefull..just abit, or your engine will start to heat up. If it is accelaerating ok, jut leave it.

AFM