R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 02-02-2005, 05:15 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Grinding a 7 port sleeve

Just purchased a ZX21 Race motor and want to grind the ports. I would like some advice. I already have a dremel with the grinding stones and polishing pads. I do have an old spare engine to do a test run on. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:36 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Grinding a 7 port sleeve

Quote:
Originally posted by revzalot
Just purchased a ZX21 Race motor and want to grind the ports. I would like some advice. I already have a dremel with the grinding stones and polishing pads. I do have an old spare engine to do a test run on. Thanks in advance.
Get diamond bits 3/32 shank and 3/32 cutting end. You will need 2 types cylinder and bulet type. Diamond bits are the best for this kind of work, but pretty expencive, but last forever.
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 05:44 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the suggestion. Would you know of any cool site on how to port and polish the ports. Just want to improve flow on the engine. I know grinding the crank will help too but that's for advanced grinders.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:50 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by revzalot
Thanks for the suggestion. Would you know of any cool site on how to port and polish the ports. Just want to improve flow on the engine. I know grinding the crank will help too but that's for advanced grinders.
I don't personaly believe in ports grinding or polishing and it was proven that it is not changing a thing, but if you look for JP's or other manufacturers web sites you will find there how the modding looks like and can copy it ( any way most of modders do it )
I will sugest you to spend more time on cranck and there is realy power hidden.
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 05:54 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Sweet. Thanks good buddy.