Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4wd Buggy Tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 06:28 AM
Tech Addict

Can someone explain the colour coding for tire shores?

Silver? Pink? Doesn't make any sense to me...
Old 05-04-2005, 06:50 AM
Tech Addict

check this out..
losi tire chart

One thing I tried, it looked funky though, I glued rear pins onto the front rims and cut the outer rows of pins off. It worked great. The track is soft loam and sand. When wet, nothing could stop it. Top speed seemed to suffer a little, but it is an option.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Place I had pegged for IFMAR pins silvers is all sold out. I know of one place that does the gold compound IFMAR pins 4wd fronts, not sure if those are still good for anything.

As it was explained to me:

Silvers are losi's all around compound, if there is moisture they are the hot ticket

Reds are when things get dry, outdoors.

Pinks are more of an indoor compound.

I find that if I am running step-pins in the rear, the studs work up front well. Probably not as well as step pins all around but they do they job.

I managed to hunt down two NIB pairs of silver IFMAR pins, got to guard these like gold!
Old 05-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Where did you find front silver IFMARs? I need 2 sets for the Mod Nats and the Region 1s. If you can lead me in a direction I would appreciate it.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:16 AM
Tech Legend

I wish I could. I found 2 NIB on ebay. All I can help out with now is gold compound. For any IFMAR silvers, you will have to cut rears and make fronts.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:21 AM
Tech Addict

@ TeamTazman: Thanks
Old 05-09-2005, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

How about reds? Found out those work better at RCMadness anyway.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Tech Legend

I don't think Losi ever made IFMAR pins 4wd fronts in the red compound. Will have to cut tires and make your own it looks like. I am lucky in that regard, I have someone who is willing to do that for me as my hands aren't that steady.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Tech Rookie

i have a set of losi silver ifmar studs on my tc-3b(tc3 buggy) havent tried them out yet but they look like they will get good traction because i race on a loose track.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

If you need Losi BlockHeads or other fronts let me know.
Email me at [email protected] if you need fronts and what kind and I will see if I personally have some.

If your in NEED of Silver Ifmar Fronts I can get some but they will cost you the full price of $12.00-13.00 a pair plus shipping.All I am doing here is going to the HobbyShop,getting them for you and shipping them TO YOU since they wont ship.I would NOT be making any money off of these.

Ifmar Golds=If you buy these tires you can soak them in WD40 or the best is get a empy paint can and put the tires in Turpentine.This will soften the tire to silver or even RED status.You will have to keep an eye on them.20-30 minutes should get your Golds to Silver and then more time will simply make them SOFTER.

**IMPORTANT NOTE**-If you dip PINK compound Losi Tires they will SHRINK and HARDEN.

Les
Old 05-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

I think I'm just gunna cut rears down since I have to do it for 2whl too. If I'm doing that many sets, its can't hurt to do another. I can't wait to see what tire wear is going to be like 3 days of practice and 3 days of racing. Oh boy I better get some glue remover if I want to be able to move my fingers by the mains! I also just found out another thing, If the track is swept its a holeshot track... Oh joy....