Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fordohio
How long before this will be available?
available at horizon right now

http://www.horizonhobby.com/shock-co...e-20-tlr334029
Old 10-18-2015, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Geez..469.99 for a kit then another 115.00 for improvement in shocks and to lower the trucks ride height? its close to X-mas are we ready for a losi scte .3 ? just thinking out loud..
Old 10-18-2015, 04:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fader12
Ryan or Casper,
Have your tried running the new rear tower with the current shocks on the SCTE 2.0 kit?
Will there be any updated spring collars and cups to still run the larger springs?
Tower was optimized for the stroke of the 22 shock. We would not recommend the current shocks with the 22 shocks tower.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rifraf
Geez..469.99 for a kit then another 115.00 for improvement in shocks and to lower the trucks ride height? its close to X-mas are we ready for a losi scte .3 ? just thinking out loud..
+1
Old 10-19-2015, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Are the new 22 front shocks the same length or longer than stock? Most the latest setup sheets had us unscrew the shock eyelets to make them longer.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fader12
Ryan or Casper,
Have your tried running the new rear tower with the current shocks on the SCTE 2.0 kit?
Will there be any updated spring collars and cups to still run the larger springs?
We have not, the tower is specific to the shocks to get the proper up and down travel.

There will not be any more shock parts.

Originally Posted by rifraf
We decided to release the shock kit as we can get a set like this out much faster than any type of whole vehicle. We figured there is a large group that would want this part as soon as we had figured it out so we released it. You dont have to use them, it is simply an option part.

As for a whole new 3.0 or whatnot, yeah...not coming any time soon as far as I know.

Are the new 22 front shocks the same length or longer than stock? Most the latest setup sheets had us unscrew the shock eyelets to make them longer.
The down travel and up travel is consistent with what most of us have been running without having to unscrew shock ends any longer.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:21 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

The shock lengths are a bit different, so the unscrewed isn't needed.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the response guys. Now that I have my order ready, what setups can you share on the 22 shock conversion?

Hole location on tower as well as arm?
Shock oil?
Piston?
Springs?

Camber link same?

Any info is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:59 AM
Tech Rookie

I've noticed several set up sheets have front toe IN. The tuning guide says never run toe in. What gives?
Old 10-22-2015, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pstuebs
I've noticed several set up sheets have front toe IN. The tuning guide says never run toe in. What gives?
I have noticed that. I think toe in has its place, but not often. I run 0-3 toe out myself. Toe in on front is hard to drive IMO. It changes as parts wear and tweaking occur after each run or crash.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
I have noticed that. I think toe in has its place, but not often. I run 0-3 toe out myself. Toe in on front is hard to drive IMO. It changes as parts wear and tweaking occur after each run or crash.
"Toe" is sorta the same difference in changing up drag-link lengths (ackerman) in my mind, but with more over all and drastic effect.
In retrospect to geometry consideration, the more toe out a setup has the more ackerman effect it will have during a turn, which calms mid and off power rotation and push, thus making it easier to drive overall with a sacrifice of less stability down fast straights.
Toe in should effectively act the opposite, more similar to a short drag link in reduced ackerman, in respect to, granting more authority to on-power draws though turns but with the advantage of a snappier "brake whip-around" ability to get around tight turns rapidly for a more aggressive driver on tighter tracks?

I never personally run any negative toe or even really mess with changing it a whole lot, but I did find much benefit by changing to the short drag link to remove most of the ackerman, only to end up with more toe out to bring some back in.
With that being said along with my thoughts above, the toe-in deal we are seeing within some of the later setup sheets has me putting more thought into how it might be that people are making more drastic changes in the toe tweaks from track to track, or condition to condition change, rather than to swap back and forth from drag-link lengths and having to readjust a lot of things. I have always wanted to see how some of the pros have their radio curves setup when I see interesting tweaks like these. I feel like it would tell a fascinating story on what they were after in a setup vs what undesirable effects gets masked away by EPAs and expo curves.

The constant chase to find that perfect setup each time is what makes RC racing so dang interesting IMO! There are a load of variables from chassis to radio, and so many more within each individual aspect it is almost unbearable to contemplate at first. And then even after you do grasp each concept, in a rushed or new situation you have about as much chance at getting it right as the next guy who might only know half as much! The race is on so many levels and never really ends~
Old 10-25-2015, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Man, That was deep on the subject. Good stuff. If you like to tinker and try different settings to really know your truck, this is how deep you can go with each aspect or system involved. Its really effective if you race the same track every week because you can see the lap time results. Harder if you travel to a lot of different tracks, but the result of the changes tested should get the desired result or change in handling each time. It pays off in the end.

You can get this deep on every system. A few that come to mind are suspension, drive train, motor, ESC, steering, chassis, Radio, Lipo charger and even how you charge the lipo. Each can be as complicated as you want it to be. Or just take the simple approach and use a basic setup and drive it as is. I would think most of us start here. Once we think we have got all we can get from the basic setup you notice things. You see other trucks taking a corner faster and handing ripples and pot holes better. Then the chase is on for a better setup.

The one we seem to discuss most are Motors, Lipos and anything to go faster. Then Tires because we can light them up at will Fun Stuff! As experience comes along thinking changes to handling. Shocks, springs, diff fluids, gearing and ride height. All are interrelated, but some more than others.

Shocks alone have enough variables to discuss and test for days and days. They include things such as oil, piston, valve, o-rings, x-rings, Bladder, bladder foam, emulsion, rebound, length, mounting position and shims to reduce droop.

So go for it. Go as deep into any and all aspects of your truck or other RCs. As long as your having fun it is not work Post it up. Lets hear your thoughts.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Anyone have any experience on the 22 shock conversion to share? Not much info from the guys who put the conversion together. I'm on the fence about it because I like the shock setup I have.

I do think the 22 shock design is made better. Lots of seal options for them. Stronger as well. I have went through a few too many SCTE lower shock caps that are egg shaped after a big hit. Then the shock shaft moves too much side to side causing the seals to leak. The 22 design will help that. They are a better design.

New tower may offer other advantages. I don't know.

One thing I must have are shock boots due to the type of dirt we race on. Boots were not part of the 22 shock design. Found some balloons to use for shock boots that others have been using for years. Could also try a shock spring cover or sock.

So I'm ready to buy the conversion. Anyone else going to try them?
Old 10-25-2015, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

What I really want to hear about is driver's opinions on the new center driveline dogbone conversion . Very curious how different it drives versus the current setup. I'm currently running the whole Tekno front, rear, and center driveline system. So far it's very durable and runs a bit more silently than stock. I'm wondering if it's worth switching the center out for the new ones?
Old 10-25-2015, 05:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
Anyone have any experience on the 22 shock conversion to share? Not much info from the guys who put the conversion together. I'm on the fence about it because I like the shock setup I have.

I do think the 22 shock design is made better. Lots of seal options for them. Stronger as well. I have went through a few too many SCTE lower shock caps that are egg shaped after a big hit. Then the shock shaft moves too much side to side causing the seals to leak. The 22 design will help that. They are a better design.

New tower may offer other advantages. I don't know.

One thing I must have are shock boots due to the type of dirt we race on. Boots were not part of the 22 shock design. Found some balloons to use for shock boots that others have been using for years. Could also try a shock spring cover or sock.

So I'm ready to buy the conversion. Anyone else going to try them?
22 shocks are lighter. Takes high weight out of an already top heavy car (can't do much about the body). 22 shocks are a better design with dual o-rings even though I had great success with the SCTE shocks. 22 shocks give you a much larger selection of springs. If you have other TLR cars you now have common shocks across all platforms. The biggest thing with this conversion is the lowering of the CG. Rear tower is lower which helps and the shocks are much lighter.

Originally Posted by Jack Bonhomme
What I really want to hear about is driver's opinions on the new center driveline dogbone conversion . Very curious how different it drives versus the current setup. I'm currently running the whole Tekno front, rear, and center driveline system. So far it's very durable and runs a bit more silently than stock. I'm wondering if it's worth switching the center out for the new ones?
The dog bone center drive line really helps the care drive from the front end better and helps with getting the truck harder out of the corners.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.