Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
trackdesigner - I have another trip that I'm about to leave for another trip. E-mail me and when I get back I'll see it and send you the addy!!

Rob - I'm not sure about that one... Are you running a one-way?? Does it slip at all - maybe when it gets hot??

Speedie - Thanks!!

Neil - The changes Xray have made to the car are awesome!!!!

etzkev, Aaron, Bob, John, fabolousRC, lem2, NitroHead, CypressMidWest, carkillaii, Pace72 - Thanks everyone!!

David - Thanks!!! Hey, never gave me any AVID decals for my ride!!! What gives??

fatdoggy - lol!!!

Evicerator - I was close enough to check out your set-up!! Good running and I'll see ya at the Reedy Race!!!

nomaak - Hudy Race?? Rubber tires or foam??

Kenny - Ugg,...lol... so much going on!! Call me tonight!! I keep forgetting!!!

Andrew - Good running and even better job at being a good sport with all the practical jokes!!! See ya at the next one!!!
hey good job glad to see you out of your slump. I knew it would be a little time before the old carpet guy got his new car working, ya I got my working in the last main were I was happy to start the next race with that set up.. well anyway good job for you and Troy..later Chris
Old 03-30-2004, 07:51 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hey Rob you got a PM

EA
Old 03-31-2004, 04:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Setup

Hey Josh.

Congrats! Your car looked so smooth all week.

Can you share your setup?

Thanks
Old 03-31-2004, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Tim Stamper
Hmmm, but your awd might be a big advantage. Mine weighs 3000lbs. That's without my fat butt sittin in the drivers seat though.

Actually, I would just like to know about your car. Big cars interest me more than little toy cars. e-mail me if ya want to respond there. You should still have it. I'm on your site too.

Tim
W/respect to Josh's board... I autocross a '99 BMW 540. Bone stock. The course gods are a few Mitsu Evos and Scoobie WRXs. They are faster then M3s on short, parking lot track. AWD with LSDs keep the power down longer into and sooner out of corners. m3s are better on longer tracks at higher speeds. Although you can jack a WRX or Evo up to 350 hp without breaking a sweat. A little more $$$ and you've got a 400 hp beast. Not very streetable and the suspension and brakes need to keep up with the motor, but rockets still. Especially for 1/2 the price of a M3 and considerably less then a DINAN upgrade. If they did better on long trips, I'd drive a WRX now... But nothin' beats a 540 for comfort, style AND performance.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Martin, you can see Josh set-up on mytsn.

Pace
Old 03-31-2004, 01:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Josh, your my hero! It must have been the IMSA.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Josh YGM
Old 04-01-2004, 05:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by sands
W/respect to Josh's board... I autocross a '99 BMW 540. Bone stock. The course gods are a few Mitsu Evos and Scoobie WRXs. They are faster then M3s on short, parking lot track. AWD with LSDs keep the power down longer into and sooner out of corners. m3s are better on longer tracks at higher speeds. Although you can jack a WRX or Evo up to 350 hp without breaking a sweat. A little more $$$ and you've got a 400 hp beast. Not very streetable and the suspension and brakes need to keep up with the motor, but rockets still. Especially for 1/2 the price of a M3 and considerably less then a DINAN upgrade. If they did better on long trips, I'd drive a WRX now... But nothin' beats a 540 for comfort, style AND performance.
Luckily My M3 came with a Dinan SC, stage 3 suspension, Shrick intake and cams, Brembo big brake kit and AA track pipe exaust sitting inderneath.

All I've done is change the thermostat and put the AA turbo clutch and flywheel in and changed the pulley. I estimate about 8.5-9psi of boost.

You are right, the 540 is a great car. That's why I have my Camaro. I've kept it mostly stock and it rides like a cadillac. Smooth and soft suspension. At least compared to the bimmer.

I do like the looks of Josh's car though. Whoever did the wing and wheel choices hit the nail right on the head.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails Talkin' with Josh Cyrul-side.jpg  
Old 04-01-2004, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

SWEEET pic !
When you gonna take me for a ride brotha ...........
Old 04-01-2004, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

That's a pretty phat ride man, just like his win at ROAR. congrats man.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Tim Stamper
Luckily My M3 came with a Dinan SC, stage 3 suspension, Shrick intake and cams, Brembo big brake kit and AA track pipe exaust sitting inderneath.
Tim
Nice ride! You track day it or autocross? I'm getting ready to put a Ground Control set in my 540 sport.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nice to see some other Beemaa owners here!

Im trading one of my X5's for a 745li Friday 4/2/04 and I've placed my order for a triple black 4.8l X5. Should be here in eight weeks or so...
Old 04-01-2004, 10:47 AM
R/C Tech Founder

You guys are making me jealous, I've always wanted a nice BMW, there were a few times when I had a chance to buy used M3s but I always stopped myself. I don't need to get that bug again. haha
Old 04-01-2004, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by futureal
You guys are making me jealous, I've always wanted a nice BMW, there were a few times when I had a chance to buy used M3s but I always stopped myself. I don't need to get that bug again. haha
You can get a very nice e30 M3 (1989 to 1991?) for about $10-15k A bit more for a modified and well prepped one. They are smaller cars and you will need to do your maintenance if you don't want to get rapped by the dealer. The have the same raw fealing that the EVO or WRX have, but with rwd and smaller motors. Go to www.roadfly.org for a good meassage board.

OK, we need to stop on BMWs now. hehe
Old 04-01-2004, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks guys for the comments!

Originally posted by futureal
I have an intern here at work who's dad is a buyer for an import dealership. It was the cheapest car there. I had to wade through the italians to get to it.

Nice ride! You track day it or autocross? I'm getting ready to put a Ground Control set in my 540 sport.
Actually, the car scares the crap out of me. It lites the tires up going into third at half throttle. It revs like a bike now that the 12lb flywheel is on there and it is almost unstreetable. If I hit the gas too hard in any gear, it likes to get the rear tires smoking. I even have nitto 555 DR's on there and it still has no traction.

Oh well, it still is fun to drive though.

SWEEET pic !
When you gonna take me for a ride brotha ...........
Hmmm, oh yeah, you only live a mile from me and you pretty much have been the only one to not go for a ride. Hey, here's some incentive. You can drive it if you help me fix it.

Sorry josh for taking over your thread. You know I mean no disrespect. Next time you see me, just slap me across the head and say a firm NO! It works for kids and adults alike.

Talk to ya's later.

tim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.