Wiki Posts
Search

Need help on AE SC10

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default Need help on AE SC10

Hey guys! Need a little advise here. I was helping a fren building a new FT SC10. And now I got stuck as I couldn't get the pin in for the rear wheels. I've tried freezing the pin while using lighter to heat up the UJ but still cant get it in. Can any SC10 users help me out on this?? Thx guys!
Attached Thumbnails Need help on AE SC10-cimg4101.jpg   Need help on AE SC10-cimg4102.jpg  
Old 11-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yoggyong
Hey guys! Need a little advise here. I was helping a fren building a new FT SC10. And now I got stuck as I couldn't get the pin in for the rear wheels. I've tried freezing the pin while using lighter to heat up the UJ but still cant get it in. Can any SC10 users help me out on this?? Thx guys!
bro, what i usually do is to dab a little grease and knock the roll pin in bit by bit. Takes a little patience tho. Btw, is there a FT SC10 released???
Old 11-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Teinsports
bro, what i usually do is to dab a little grease and knock the roll pin in bit by bit. Takes a little patience tho. Btw, is there a FT SC10 released???
Hahaha.. Sorry. the box never state. But becos all the arms, chassis all carbon composite. So I just assumed shld be FT stuffs.. But now I have prob taking one pin out whc was half way in. Damn!!
Old 11-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Hahaha.. Sorry. the box never state. But becos all the arms, chassis all carbon composite. So I just assumed shld be FT stuffs.. But now I have prob taking one pin out whc was half way in. Damn!!
No lah, the stock SC10 parts aren't made of carbon. You should see the diff when placed alongside a FT T4/B4.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:01 AM
Tech Master

No lah, the stock SC10 parts aren't made of carbon. You should see the diff when placed alongside a FT T4/B4.
No leh.. The box did state the chassis was a composite one. Not plastic. I've seen a plastic B4 chassis and the composite one. So I'm pretty sure its composite chassis and arms. The bumpers are plastics.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ah Youyi, should drill and make the hole slightly bigger for the pin to slot in;
don't knock it in, it'll stuck...

A hole which is small is small, a pin cannot fit in will not fit in...
Unless you're David Copperfield...
Old 11-12-2009, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by roychan69
Ah Youyi, should drill and make the hole slightly bigger for the pin to slot in;
don't knock it in, it'll stuck...

A hole which is small is small, a pin cannot fit in will not fit in...
Unless you're David Copperfield...
The hole is meant to be a tight fit and imho should not be drilled bigger. The roll pin will fit in and out, just takes a little more patience. This is a common 'challenge' of running AE/Losi cars.

Youyi, you can try getting the HPI 10x1.5mm pins, they should fit perfect w/o any hassles.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

yoggyong,

Had the same issue when i built my FT T4.Them roll pins are pain to put in..but here's wat i do..

Roll pins arent solid pins unlike some other pins we put on before we put our wheel hexes.Plus its diameter is smaller and tamiya pins ( or what ever type ) wont fit.

So u need to decide whether to keep or replace them.

If want to keep - try to get them out first ( coz its stuck in there rite?..hehe).Once out, use a big pair of pliers to slightly compress the pin throughout its length..keyword is SLOWLY..slowly compress the pin to make the diameter smaller...once down it shld fit the hole..

If wan to replace - go to taising n get the solid pins...hpi part ..dunno the part no tho.Its slightly shorter than the roll pins..but it shld get the job done.
diameter 2mm if not wrong..

alternatively,

If u a wrench monkey like me n some other ppl i know...cut off a body clip and put it thru..shd work too.

regards
EE
Old 11-12-2009, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Evil Ernie
yoggyong,

If wan to replace - go to taising n get the solid pins...hpi part ..dunno the part no tho.Its slightly shorter than the roll pins..but it shld get the job done.
yo Ernie, never get pins shorter than the kit ones as they will strip the wheel more easily. BC has gotten the 10x1.5mm solid pins and they fit perfect BUT they don't stay when the wheel is out so the choice is yours.....
Old 11-12-2009, 06:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

We all do respect the fact your are helping your friend build the kit. But you ought to get your fat-ass friend to do something for you also! LOL!

P.S. I know who asked you to build the kit for him....
Old 11-12-2009, 06:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the hole should not be drilled bigger.. it takes a little patience to have the pin in... first, it must fit straight.. second, the pin's end are tapered... if they are knicked or dinged, they'll not fit in properly...

i'll use a vise and press it in...

and there's no FT kit for the SC10 that i know of...
Old 11-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Yes yoggyong, the guys are right. This happened to myself and others who're new to Losi and AE cars.
The pins here are hollow, not like those from Tamiya or Hpi. These are meant to be squeezed in, and stay tight. I also not too used to having a pin stucked in the axle, but guess that's how they are meant to be for Losi and AE.

If you're using the stock wheels, try to fill up the wells beside the roll pin slots with epoxy or set screws.
For my truck, I only installed 1 shim behind that blue spacer. Manual showed 2 shims, but I figured 1 shim will allow the roll pin to sit deeper into the wheel, minimising the famous damage caused by the pin overpowering the pin slot.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

The hole is meant to be a tight fit and imho should not be drilled bigger. The roll pin will fit in and out, just takes a little more patience. This is a common 'challenge' of running AE/Losi cars.

Youyi, you can try getting the HPI 10x1.5mm pins, they should fit perfect w/o any hassles.
Originally Posted by Evil Ernie
yoggyong,

Had the same issue when i built my FT T4.Them roll pins are pain to put in..but here's wat i do..

Roll pins arent solid pins unlike some other pins we put on before we put our wheel hexes.Plus its diameter is smaller and tamiya pins ( or what ever type ) wont fit.

So u need to decide whether to keep or replace them.

If want to keep - try to get them out first ( coz its stuck in there rite?..hehe).Once out, use a big pair of pliers to slightly compress the pin throughout its length..keyword is SLOWLY..slowly compress the pin to make the diameter smaller...once down it shld fit the hole..

alternatively,

If u a wrench monkey like me n some other ppl i know...cut off a body clip and put it thru..shd work too.

regards
EE
Originally Posted by Maikaitan
the hole should not be drilled bigger.. it takes a little patience to have the pin in... first, it must fit straight.. second, the pin's end are tapered... if they are knicked or dinged, they'll not fit in properly...

i'll use a vise and press it in...

and there's no FT kit for the SC10 that i know of...
Looks like I was too fond of 'drilling holes'... 'and 'drill and made them bigger'...
Old 11-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys, thx for all ur replies.. I'll try to get the "rod" in the "hole" soon!! Mayb getting some fresh flowers and a little teasing might work..

Keep u guys updated den! Thx!!
Old 11-13-2009, 04:07 AM
Tech Champion

Hey guys, thx for all ur replies.. I'll try to get the "rod" in the "hole" soon!! Mayb getting some fresh flowers and a little teasing might work..

Keep u guys updated den! Thx!!
Dude, you'll need cash and cash; not flowers and teasing...

And please don't update us as we don't want to know...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.