Wiki Posts
Search

JRXS, blacksheep, ugly, unloved???

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 08:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default jrxs

i kinda was wondering the same thing about the losi car. but after i drove one, i bought one and just finished building it. my only complaint about the car is the wiring of batteries, but if that is my biggest complaint, i am gonna love it.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have driven friends cars that felt good, but nothing has come close to my jrxs's. I built an xray for a friend, and spent a day at the track playing around with it, it just would never transition like the jrxs. I plan to run this car for a long time.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:46 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
I have driven friends cars that felt good, but nothing has come close to my jrxs's. I built an xray for a friend, and spent a day at the track playing around with it, it just would never transition like the jrxs. I plan to run this car for a long time.
I saw Mike's car run on rubbers tires and it was pretty dialed. The track had a ton of traction for being asphalt, actually some carpet tracks don't have traction like this inddor asphalt track has.

Last edited by wyd; 10-26-2005 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:46 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by vic0280
i kinda was wondering the same thing about the losi car. but after i drove one, i bought one and just finished building it. my only complaint about the car is the wiring of batteries, but if that is my biggest complaint, i am gonna love it.
YEs batteries where a pain in the a$$ at first but once I had one setup right the rest where a snap to do.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
I knew you'd come around one of these days Mike

TK
Old 10-26-2005, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
Wow! I'm glad you put so much confidence in your car. I believe its the one with the steering wheel that does the winning, not the car.

But anyways, the Losi is the best car I have driven hands down. I have sold everything else but that. I still have my LCG though. I think that alot people sold themselves short sellin there Losi's before they got it perform. The stock setup is not going to be dialed out of the box. If you have any skills with tuning then you should be able get the car dialed in with a little work. Don't worry Sean, if you get a Losi, me and Ike will help you out. Jake picked up a Losi and turned 2 laps more than his previous best with his Xray. See ya at the track.

Thanks Rob. I just got off the Phone with Gary Miller last night talking about this very same thing.

See ya Sat.

-Sean
Old 10-26-2005, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

it seems to me is everyone is selling because its not the "new" car on the market anymore.

the trend is some people BUY the newest car just because they think it'll make them go faster or something.

in fact, they should stick to one car, and learn the chemistry of the car. each car is different in how it handles (aside from the basics that is the same)

but.... some people have money to burn,

i like the tc3/4 works for me.

i want to try the jrxs, the rdx, or the 415.......... but i wont switch yet.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tyler Keel
I knew you'd come around one of these days Mike

TK

Yea you got me, i still dont play in the dirt though, maybe in a few years.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

SHHHHHhhhhhhhh!!! Every body be quiet.

cough--cough

Uhh....YES....We hate our cars and everybody wants to sell theirs!!! I will sell you mine as well. I have run it outdoors all season on asphalt and it has some scratches and gouges on the uderside but is in really good condition. I will part with it for $359.00 plus shipping. Rolling chassis only!

Hey! Maybe I can get this one sold and buy a brand new one. Don't tell anybody

Brant
Old 10-26-2005, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

This is an unbiased statement:

If it does come down to driver and setup skills, then why would anyone buy the JRX-S? Batteries are hard to solder in (I've seen belts get burnt and a guy overheated a bar which collapsed and shorted out the two cells. This would not have happened with a normal BD or SD. Also, doesn't this car have plastic bulkheads? I've seen a bulkhead snap on the racetrack before. The guy running the car just switched to his XXX-S b/c it would have taken too long to repair at the track. What about servo positioning? Is it not more difficult to set up the servo when it's closed in on 3 sides?
Old 10-26-2005, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayhuang
I currently run a RDX and a JRXS on foams. I can turn the exact same laptime with the JRXS as the RDX. My buddy did the same experiment and ran the JRXS and the FK05 and he did the same thing-exact same laptimes. Its all about personal preference. Its a fast car and I own it so unlike a lot of guys who talk out there rear side whove never even driven one, I speak from experience.

YES_its a higher maintenance car compared to some-but its never-ever-ever-never been advertised as anything else but a Pro-level pure racing sedan. On rubber tires-I am sure its much less maintenance because the tires remain the same diameter.
I agree, this car is no faster than the current crop of cars out there, that's been my point all along. No worse, but it has more to worry about. If the car's design had higher cornering speeds and etc, then I would say that the design was successful. Otherwise, why make something with 10 screws when you can do it with 2? I do think the car has some nice little design features though. I hope Losi will go back to a redesigned and tweaked XXX-S with a molded chassis and a Pro cf version. Just my two cents.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

We're still waiting for the G**d*** Big battery holder tray down here !
Old 10-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

blacksheep? check. ugly? check. unloved? check.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ChadCapece
This is an unbiased statement:

If it does come down to driver and setup skills, then why would anyone buy the JRX-S? Batteries are hard to solder in (I've seen belts get burnt and a guy overheated a bar which collapsed and shorted out the two cells. This would not have happened with a normal BD or SD. Also, doesn't this car have plastic bulkheads? I've seen a bulkhead snap on the racetrack before. The guy running the car just switched to his XXX-S b/c it would have taken too long to repair at the track. What about servo positioning? Is it not more difficult to set up the servo when it's closed in on 3 sides?
For many of us, the battery is a non-issue as we just use Corally-style bullet connectors. They work just fine and make it easy to switch packs quickly. I've even seen a photo of one clever owner's setup that had a standard Dean's connector with wires soldered to adjacent cells and battery bars connecting all the other cells. For us beginners, it is a good excuse to learn how to build packs well ;-)

No question that the car has some items that are hard to reach and hard to fix, but others, like replacing the spur and pinion are easier than on say a TC4.

I had no problem with the servo. It is easy to put it in place without screwing it down. Then power it up, judge if you need to move the arm and if so, just twist it around a bit and unscrew the servo arm screw. When you have it properly set, just bolt in the servo mounts from below. The servo mounts have pins that make it easy to hold the servo in place without bolts while you are adjusting.

My experience is limited to the Team TC4 and the JRXS, but the JRXS fits my driving style much better than the TC4 and is worth the small amount of extra effort required.

Ira
Old 10-26-2005, 08:30 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

With a good soldering iron putting packs in the car is not a problem. If you don't know how to solder the Losi might not be for some. It is pretty easy to change out the front diff. I bought mine used and never took it apart but I had the front one way diff out and new spool in in less than 10 minutes so I don't see the front end hard to work on. I can't imagine the rear is any harder to change.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.