Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Rob Gordon - Will not Ship item or refund money >

Rob Gordon - Will not Ship item or refund money

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree36Likes

Rob Gordon - Will not Ship item or refund money

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Not trying to derail the thread but since there is talk about the feedback I figure I would ask here, how do you leave someone their first feedback?
Old 10-17-2018, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speed Chaser
Not trying to derail the thread but since there is talk about the feedback I figure I would ask here, how do you leave someone their first feedback?
When and How to leave ACTUAL Trader Rating feedback!
Old 10-17-2018, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Trying to blame buyers for not leaving feedback is lame and a feeble attempt to shift blame. Admitting you've been the victim of a scammer can be embarrassing and I fail to see how RCTech might lose revenue by banning a known scammer. Leaving feedback is an optional feature and not mandatory. RCtech is a business, and as such has a responsibility to keep this site safe for every member. The bottom line is that Thumper_PA (Rob Gordon) is a predator who's modus operandi is to troll the wanted section looking for victims to scam. He deals through text messages so as to distance himself from breaching the rules thereby avoiding the wrath of the RCTech Moderators and the Administrator. I believe that Thumper_PA (Rob Gordon) needs to go.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveM
Trying to blame buyers for not leaving feedback is lame and a feeble attempt to shift blame. Admitting you've been the victim of a scammer can be embarrassing and I fail to see how RCTech might lose revenue by banning a known scammer. Leaving feedback is an optional feature and not mandatory. RCtech is a business, and as such has a responsibility to keep this site safe for every member. The bottom line is that Thumper_PA (Rob Gordon) is a predator who's modus operandi is to troll the wanted section looking for victims to scam. He deals through text messages so as to distance himself from breaching the rules thereby avoiding the wrath of the RCTech Moderators and the Administrator. I believe that Thumper_PA (Rob Gordon) needs to go.

Matt Trimmings and KA2AEV like this.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Everytime someone messages me telling them to text them as a quicker response, I simply tell them that I do not deal via text. Simple. It's two fold....First is that it takes the communication away from rctech and second it gives someone whom i dont know my number....i dont need/want someone texting/calling me to ask questions about what anything rc related.
Marcos.J, BSchorr and KA2AEV like this.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Sad :-( I have to wonder how this little disclaimer might hold up in a court of law should RCTech be served papers after someone else get scammed by this person.

Last edited by SteveM; 10-18-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Never officially posted the resolution. I got my money back, and Rob never responded to me through paypal or text. Hope it was worth it for him.

freaksofnature likes this.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by SteveM
Sad :-( I have to wonder how this little disclaimer might hold up in a court of law should RCTech be served papers after someone else get scammed by this person.
That's easy...….
You agreed to the terms & rules that RCTech set forth for the membership. If you don't like the rules, then stop your membership
Old 02-01-2019, 09:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Ignorant comments

I read a lot of ignorant comments over here that help no one. Why not give advice that is constructive?
Jeff
SteveM and freaksofnature like this.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
freaksofnature and da4design like this.