R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   Rob Gordon - Will not Ship item or refund money (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/1027507-rob-gordon-will-not-ship-item-refund-money.html)

JHardy 10-08-2018 08:29 AM

Rob Gordon - Will not Ship item or refund money

Everyone beware of Thumper_PA (Rob Gordon) at this time. His life issues have got in the way of shipping or refunding. I have put in a Paypal dispute, but he says his paypal is no longer working. I guess Im out $125. If I do get refunded I will be more then happy to remove this post.

1/8 IC Fan 10-08-2018 08:35 AM

You should still be ok. No matter if he can not log into Paypal. You can not close an account unless it is in good standings and all funds have cleared without any complaints. So filing a claim, you will be ok. Perhaps he will be able to chime in here, to settle this amicably.

sacmiata 10-08-2018 09:42 AM

If you do get refunded don't remove the post. Even when the dispute has been settled its still good warning for others on who they might want to avoid dealing with in the future and more backup as to why you left negative feedback.

Alexrit 10-08-2018 11:00 AM

Hate to do this because I know he has some personal issues going on, but that’s no excuse to sell and not ship! had something similar happen almost two months ago, was for a transponder he said he shipped but never gave me proof of shipping or anything. Three weeks went by with excuses scattered throughout, and I got a refund eventually. At the same time there were some other deals I knew had gone south with him as well, I never reported it because I’m super nice and Gave him the benefit of the doubt,(which after a total of 3 weeks he did refund me) but it seems he may be doing this to make some money when he needs it. Sad to assume, but this is the 4th deal I’ve heard of ending up like this with him recently. I thought maybe it really did get lost in shipping, but I think it’s safe to say he’s been up to no good recently :(

JHardy 10-08-2018 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Alexrit (Post 15313194)
Hate to do this because I know he has some personal issues going on, but that’s no excuse to sell and not ship! had something similar happen almost two months ago, was for a transponder he said he shipped but never gave me proof of shipping or anything. Three weeks went by with excuses scattered throughout, and I got a refund eventually. At the same time there were some other deals I knew had gone south with him as well, I never reported it because I’m super nice and Gave him the benefit of the doubt,(which after a total of 3 weeks he did refund me) but it seems he may be doing this to make some money when he needs it. Sad to assume, but this is the 4th deal I’ve heard of ending up like this with him recently. I thought maybe it really did get lost in shipping, but I think it’s safe to say he’s been up to no good recently :(

This is the same thing he is doing to me. I have txts, sceens long of excuses. I gave the benefit of doubt too until today (3 weeks). He told me he shipped it 2 weeks ago but has no tracking. Hopefully he gets his life back together.

TIME MACHINE 10-08-2018 01:23 PM

Wow....that's a screen name I see all the time. Sad to see that happen.

Alexrit 10-08-2018 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by JHardy (Post 15313266)
This is the same thing he is doing to me. I have txts, sceens long of excuses. I gave the benefit of doubt too until today (3 weeks). He told me he shipped it 2 weeks ago but has no tracking. Hopefully he gets his life back together.

Yep identical! No tracking, claimed his wife shipped and lost reciept, pages and pages of excuses, all of which make you feel bad, but just can’t feel bad when ur being screwed. Unfortunately he is a active member and I think more people than just us and the others I know of have been affected. The texts my guess make people feel bad enough to let it go under the radar like I did. The only reason He refunded the day he did is because he sent a text to me on accident, that was going to another guy he didn’t send stuff too, that said ”hey man I got paid today and will refund you shortly” when I responded he said sorry wrong person, and I was like well go ahead and refund me today as well, and he actually did. So thankful for that, but hopefully he chimes in to make it right with you.

Marcos.J 10-10-2018 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by JHardy (Post 15313094)
Everyone beware of Thumper_PA (Rob Gordon) at this time. His life issues have got in the way of shipping or refunding. I have put in a Paypal dispute, but he says his paypal is no longer working. I guess Im out $125. If I do get refunded I will be more then happy to remove this post.

where is the thread where this deal happened?

I_NeedBigDrink 10-10-2018 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Alexrit (Post 15313194)

Also had this happen to me, nearly identical situation, also a transponder. This mess has been going for weeks, claimed it was sent to the wrong guy, but was getting it back. I didn't really care, as long as he promised to reship it asap, and provide proof, which he didn't in the first place. He claims he shipped it out again, but again, no proof. Also not that responsive. If it doesn't show up today I'm also filing for a refund through paypal. Even if his excuse is legitimate, the way he is handling his transactions is horrible, no accountability or common sense. If this is happening to multiple people then buyers beware. When I agreed to the deal his account had no negative feedback, so it's a shame this is happening.

Marcos.J 10-10-2018 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by I_NeedBigDrink (Post 15314640)
Also had this happen to me, nearly identical situation, also a transponder. This mess has been going for weeks, claimed it was sent to the wrong guy, but was getting it back. I didn't really care, as long as he promised to reship it asap, and provide proof, which he didn't in the first place. He claims he shipped it out again, but again, no proof. Also not that responsive. If it doesn't show up today I'm also filing for a refund through paypal. Even if his excuse is legitimate, the way he is handling his transactions is horrible, no accountability or common sense. If this is happening to multiple people then buyers beware. When I agreed to the deal his account had no negative feedback, so it's a shame this is happening.

maybe if you would have left him negative feedback this other person maybe wouldn't have done a deal with him , this is the problem people are afraid to leave negative feedback because the fear of getting retaliation feedback , so every person that doesn't leave negative feedback to the bad seller guess what you are all partially at fault for letting them screw someone else.

so as far as i see this Thumper_PA should have 2 more negative feedback coming ,one from I NeedBigDrink and another one from JHardy

Alexrit 10-10-2018 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by I_NeedBigDrink (Post 15314640)

Yep nearly the same situation. I’d go ahead and file the claim, and I’ll be leaving feedback as well. I was only afraid of retaliation feedback since I’m a newer member with only 4 feedbacks left, I guess it’s only fair others be warned. I did get a refund eventually which is the main reason I didn’t leave feedback, but 3 weeks without my money and no item, I think that’s worthy of a bad rating considering he seems to be doing it repeatedly. I guess it is pretty obvious now it was all a scheme of some kind to get the money he wanted at that time. he told me he only had one transponder in general, and these hard times were forcing him to sell it, so I guess he’s just selling the same one over and over and not shipping it out. Quite a few members now stating the same thing, may of dug himself a hole here!

Alexrit 10-10-2018 03:16 PM

My guess is once he is forced to refund he’s replacing that refunded money with another temporary sale. Hopefully y’all get a refund ASAP

I_NeedBigDrink 10-10-2018 05:02 PM

I admit I should've just gone with my gut and requested a refund when it didn't arrive at first, but his feedback and constant apologizing/excuses as others have mentioned, and my more vulnerable reputation size, swayed me to believe it was just a one-off mistake. It did not arrive today, so I went ahead and filed a dispute which I will quickly escalate if he doesn't respond, and left some detailed negative feedback.

freaksofnature 10-10-2018 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Alexrit (Post 15314704)
My guess is once he is forced to refund he’s replacing that refunded money with another temporary sale. Hopefully y’all get a refund ASAP

you mean like this https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-ite...el-roller.html

JHardy 10-11-2018 12:27 PM

If anyone needs his Phone# PM me. His email is [email protected] per Paypal.
How do we get him banned from RCTech?