Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 10:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
I don't think it is a coicidence that graphically talented people have the same computers
Old 03-09-2004, 10:10 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by crashed_1
Serpent decals...whatever decals you have lah. It'll help in plotting out the design. Sponsor decals?
Sponsor decals? How I wish ! More like decals sponsored from the own pocket ! I think it's already too much trouble asking to airbrush the bodyshell. Don't think you'll like pasting decals and all. If you wish, you could do it though but I don't mind doing it myself.

Originally posted by crashed_1
No need for masking decals. It's hand made.
Hand made? I guess that comes with graphically talented people have certain computers running certain platform?
Old 03-09-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by cyba888
Do you guys lube the bearings for the wheels? Arent they sealed bearings? If so how often do you lube it and with what?
Since I built my 710, I blasted the grease inside all of the bearings (except for the smaller bearings in the clutch and in the diff) and lubed it with Mobil 1 SAE 0W-40. A little heavy for bearing oil but so far so good and I have not yet needed to lube the bearings up till now.

I've regularly cleaned the external part of the bearings with Serpent cleaning gum though. The gum picks out the dirt and dust from the external shield without contaminating the interior bearing race. No air compressor blasting on those parts as dirt goes in and there goes the bearings.

Perhaps on the next major service on the bearings, I'll use the Serpent Bearing Lube 1682.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:12 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by cyba888
Dont you need to remove all the pivot balls in order to take out the dog bones and lube it? Aint that a bitch! Unless you take out the pivot pins from the arm.
I take out the pivot pins when I access the dogbones. That was, you keep the wheel camber and trackwidth settings the same always without having the need to put it on the setup board.

You could also access the dogbones when you take the diff or oneway out from the top.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Some of the electric guys actually run 3 one ways. Front, rear and center. Must be fast, cause the lap times are really low.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Sponsor decals? How I wish ! More like decals sponsored from the own pocket ! I think it's already too much trouble asking to airbrush the bodyshell. Don't think you'll like pasting decals and all. If you wish, you could do it though but I don't mind doing it myself.
Hey you could stick a picture of your wallet on your car

Hand made? I guess that comes with graphically talented people have certain computers running certain platform?
Now he's starting to see the light!
Old 03-09-2004, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Rapid Roy
Some of the electric guys actually run 3 one ways. Front, rear and center. Must be fast, cause the lap times are really low.
Well, you learn something everyday! What is the point in having a centre one-way when you have a front and rear
I bet those cars are awsome accelerating out of corners!! Just hope they never want ot brake
Old 03-09-2004, 11:11 AM
Tech Prophet

Default New Stuff !

This is what I got last night at the LHS !

Clockwise from top left is the Centax 3 Clutch Housing Open (802502), Tool Pressure Nipple / Centax Nut (1462) and the Shocktower Carbon Rear (802301).
Old 03-09-2004, 11:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Rear Shock Tower (802301)

The revised rear shock tower is 3.5 mm thick and not 4 mm as mentioned earlier. The old one has a thickness of 2.5 mm. Same part number as the old one but the difference is that it has new cut outs.

The bottom rear shock tower in the picture is the newer revision.

Putting them one on top of the other, I also noticed that the rear body post mounts are slightly lower than the old one.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:21 AM
Tech Prophet

Ummm, you mean uptravel of the arms (downtravel of the chassis)? I'll check it out tonight.
This was what I meant...

The rear arms still have ample uptravel at trackwidth below 200 mm. I think still more than the car ever requires when you put the shocks on.

Of course, like what you said that it's kinda like putting upstop screws when you limit the rear trackwidth but these so called "upstop screws" are only located at a place where it would not interfere with the working suspension travel of the rear arms when the shocks are attached.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

This was what I meant...

The rear arms still have ample uptravel at trackwidth below 200 mm. I think still more than the car ever requires when you put the shocks on.

Of course, like what you said that it's kinda like putting upstop screws when you limit the rear trackwidth but these so called "upstop screws" are only located at a place where it would not interfere with the working suspension travel of the rear arms when the shocks are attached.
Yep, that's the thing! Seems pretty good to me! In fact, the shocks take a bit of travel out anyway, so it probably doesn't even get close to locking-out

Oh Man!!! You've got all the new bits Excellent virtual D1 pics

What does wifey think of them?
Old 03-09-2004, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Old 03-09-2004, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

This was what I meant...

HEY!!! What are you doing with those ti screws and where did you get them from Look just like my Surikarn ones.....uh-oh! The Dark Lord has swiped my screws with a Jedi mind trick!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2004, 11:35 AM
Tech Prophet

Oh Man!!! You've got all the new bits Excellent virtual D1 pics
Virtual D1 pics? I beg your pardon !

What does wifey think of them?
Wifey? What wifey? What new stuff?
Old 03-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Tech Prophet

HEY!!! What are you doing with those ti screws and where did you get them from Look just like my Surikarn ones.....uh-oh!
What Ti screws? Perhaps the pic is from a Surikarn rear !

The Dark Lord has swiped my screws with a Jedi mind trick!!!!!!!!!
You need to just believe and it will be on your car !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.