Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to improve driving technique?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by speedydave
Onroad? I'm HORRIBLE on the onroad tracks on RRG2.
The on road tracks that come supplied with the game are very poorly designed, it's impossible for anyone to even turn one lap without going off the track. Goto www.rrg2.com and download all of the custom tracks, they're awesome, Revelation Raceway is my favorite.
Old 09-08-2003, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks! Which car do you use to base your setups off of?

I've been using Parking Lot for onroad, but I did download some of the HotRod tracks from www.realrace.com for practicing offroad stuff(which is mostly what I race in real life anyway).
Old 09-08-2003, 03:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

I made my own XRay Evo2 .
Old 09-08-2003, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

You should submit it! I've been using nitro stuff more than electric stuff, but I did download the XXX-S from realrace.com. I really wish there was a way to plug the DSC from my 3PJ into the transmitter on here like you can do with RealFlight G2. The radio feel on this is really funky.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Accord,
Can you upload your evo2 or send it to me? Please

speedydave
I have the serpent vrc port and I practice with my M8. You can still find them out there. I was lucky and got it off of ebay for only $25
Old 09-08-2003, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

oh by the way has anybody been able to simulate a one-way on Real Race2
Old 09-08-2003, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by speedydave
You should submit it! I've been using nitro stuff more than electric stuff, but I did download the XXX-S from realrace.com. I really wish there was a way to plug the DSC from my 3PJ into the transmitter on here like you can do with RealFlight G2. The radio feel on this is really funky.
I have submitted it numerous times, Duratrax just never updates the swap page anymore .

jbackslash, what's your e-mail, it won't let me upload it here.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Some people claim putting empty 2 liter soda bottles in a parking lot and trying to hit them helps improve your skills. I never tried it, just passing the info on...
Old 09-08-2003, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

What exactly does that entail, niffken? Definitely one of the stranger suggestions...

But to each his own- I guess.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:13 PM
Tech Regular

accord,
my email is [email protected]

Thanks
Jei
Old 09-08-2003, 11:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Well your pleasant im2lazy!

There is a game people play with there RC cars called soccer. They take an empty 2 liter bottle or small water bottle (depending on what kind of cars are running) and toss it out in the parking lot. Then they set up 2 goals, usually a garbage can lying down or a crate. The object of the game is to hit, ram, power slide, or how ever you want to score a goal (getting the 2 liter bottle into the can). Now how this helps your skills? First of all it teaches how to watch everything around you. It helps with the cars orientation from a distance (i.e. Most new drivers on a track turn early or late b/c the y are not used to the cars orientation on the track) It helps with hand eye coordination as well as reaction. It will get you used to putting your car where you want it with out hesitation. Eventually you get so caught up in the game you drive flawlessly (esp. when there is 4 cars running, 2 players per team)

Or if you’re a real beginner you can put the bottle out in the parking lot and try and hit it with out playing soccer against anyone. Again it helps eye hand coordination. Being able to put you car where you want it (hitting the bottle at will) will improve your skills. Again as I stated in my prior post I am passing on what other RC drivers claim to help.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Talking

I play that! Except we keep it on the track during the practice time, and I tag my friend instead of a plastic bottle!

What you talk about really helps when it comes to being able to see what other cars are doing, because if you both don't see each other and charge toward the bottle at the same time... crunch....
Old 09-08-2003, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Im2lazy
I play that! Except we keep it on the track during the practice time, and I tag my friend instead of a plastic bottle!

And I pull over on the pretense that I'm being courteous! Shhhhhh!
Old 09-09-2003, 12:29 AM
Tech Master

Ok maybe i worded this wrong.

Learn to drive before messing with the setup

Happy now?
Old 09-09-2003, 12:49 AM
Tech Master

Sorry if I offended you somehow, but I feel that the subtleties that I pointed out were important as well. I agreed with your idea, but felt just one part of it was a bit too over-simplified. Just my opinion on the matter.

(editted, because I missed a word)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.