Wiki Posts
Search

The Track at Harbor Hobbies

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default The Track at Harbor Hobbies

Well it is about time we started a new thread.

My wife and kids came up with the stores new name, as when she would ask were I was, the reply was always the same, "The Track".

The new hours are:

Monday - Friday 12-9
Saturday 9-8
Sunday 9-6

Karen and Heather had a good time last night meeting new people as they popped in to see what was going on. Ericka was not able to be there as she had to be at her "paying job". Please do not hesitate to share your ideas, concerns or comments as well as introduce yourselves so we may be ale to put RC Tech Handles with a face and name.

Please be patient with us as we learn the systems and make improvements over the course of the next few weeks. As we will strive to give you the best customer service humanly possible.

We did some more rearrangements last night to open up the retail area. The Yellow door can now be used as a customer/racer pass through to the pit area to eleviate congestion in the track aisle.

There is now a defined "tech area" to make things more user friendly during events like the Hurrican Series.

Loaner Transponders will be behind the counter and must be "checked out" for use during practicing. Number 10 is still missing from a saturday practice some weeks ago, so if you have it or find it I would greatly appreciate it's return. The reward for it's return is a FREE PRACTICE

The current pit counters will be reconfigured to match the pit table layout. So we will have half tables and half counters.Deconstruction will begin immediately.

Consignment case will remain and are always welcome, there will be a small service fee of 5% or $5, to the seller, of the sell price, which ever is lower. We just ask that the seller has their contact info with the merchandise to eliminate confusion.

RACER REWARDS

Practice 4 times and your 5th is on me

Randomly decided FREE RACE ENTRY with paying first class, as most of you run multiple cars/entries on any given night, our way of saying thank you.This will be determined on the morning of posted "club" race days/nights.

Kids under 16 Practice for free on Thursdays

Save Me A Spot
Tired of packing up after a long day of practice or racing?
Leave your gear at The Track,in your favorite spot next to your buddies,practice as much as you want during open practice days. $50 a month, per driver. We are not however responsible for missing or lost items left at the facility.

The "Race Pack" and "Track Attack", details to follow......

As my family and I have been life long residents of this community we will also be keeping you posted of community events that may be of interest to you while you are in the area.

Case in point: The Northstars Soccer Club's Annual Fundraising Dinner is tonight from 5-8, cost is usualy $5-7, with a silent auction and 50/50 raffles, located at North Prairie Junior High, 500 North Ave, Winthrop Harbor. This fundraiser for the Club helps to send the U14 teams on a week long tournament trip to a location of their choice.

Thanks

The Whiteside's
Old 11-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Eric - I'm looking forward to meeting you and your family in person and to some great Monday night Legends oval racing with you guys. See you Monday.

Last edited by Casey72; 11-23-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:33 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Best of luck with the new venture. Will you have a new website also? Is the schedule for racing and pracice the same? Thanks.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Thank you Whiteside family !!!

Eric
check out my new toy I'll bring it buy next time Im in

Old 11-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Last edited by nastygram; 11-10-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MD
Best of luck with the new venture. Will you have a new website also? Is the schedule for racing and pracice the same? Thanks.
Practice and race schedule will remain the same, except for special events. Website? I have a website? as I have said, we will be changing things around over the next few weeks. Someone is working on a preliminary site for me as I type this.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

i'm looking forward to comming up and doing some racing. I'm glad to see a fresh owner.

Good Luck ERIC
Old 11-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Call me and I can look at your data files and tell you who had the #10 transponder last....

Then I want the free practice!
Old 11-11-2007, 11:38 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

if I came to practice on Tues. or Thurs. would the track be set up for road course?
Old 11-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MD
if I came to practice on Tues. or Thurs. would the track be set up for road course?

tuesday is oval and thursday is roadcourse
Old 11-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'll be there tomorrow for some Legend Action! Not sure if I'll be racing ( most probably not ) but I'll be there to see who shows up for the first race of the Winter Legends series!
Old 11-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro
Call me and I can look at your data files and tell you who had the #10 transponder last....

Then I want the free practice!
Wow! Sounds like "Big Brother"
Old 11-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Erik and "The Track"

At the old place I thought there was a "community" Max Mod tire truer in the back. I never used it but was wondering if that was still around. If so is there an adapter for it to cut 1/12th wheels?
Old 11-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Eric and family,

It's great that you decided to buy the business. I am looking forward to running at "The Track" (this coming weekend actually!).
Old 11-12-2007, 06:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Awesome news Eric....See you this weekend I hope. Are you still going to have Wednesday night racing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.