Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By waitwhat
  • 1 Post By Roelof

Transmitter settings

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default Transmitter settings

Why are there no proper explanation of the various settings found in Transmitters? For these past umpteen yrs there has to be someone who knows exactly what does what and I've yet to see such a person come out and explain what does what. I'm trying to understand what benefit or not does turning my throttle speed off to having it on two other settings. I'm trying to understand what are the differences btw 3 fwd throttle curve settings, steering exp adjustments to if it makes the steering faster, slower etc. I believe with proper explanations, anyone getting into rc will have a clearer understanding in how to get more out of their kits.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Usually the manual for the transmitter will have a description of what each adjustment does. Sometimes the translation into English makes the description of an adjustment hard to understand. Each manufacturer has their own quirks, so if you have a question about a specific transmitter you will need to ask on the thread for the transmitter.

The throttle profile thing sounds like an adjustment if you are running a throttle servo on a nitro vehicle. If you are running an electric car with an esc I would make all of your throttle adjustments on the esc and leave the throttle channel alone on the transmitter. Set the throttle end points to 100 and leave them there.
Pedmar007 likes this.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:13 AM
Tech Lord

Simple. Expo and curve translate a lineair movement on the transmitter into a movement you did set.
Speed is a setting with which you can make a servo/esc change slower.

With mij first high advanced transmitter, the Futaba FF3, I played some evenings with it all the settings live with the car next to it and it became quite clear how all works. At start an expo on the steer looked perfect to use as also some changes on other settings but finally I ended up with all those settings on neutral because it gave me the best lineair feeling of the car.
Pedmar007 likes this.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:59 AM
Tech Rookie

A practical radio transmitter mainly consists of the following parts: In high power transmitters, a power supply circuit to transform the input electrical power to the higher voltages needed to produce the required power output. An electronic oscillator circuit to generate the radio frequency signal.