Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Old skool mugen help

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Default Old skool mugen help

Hello tech experts! My rc mentor recently gave me my first ever 1/8th scale on-road car. (it's a wrecked run-away but i'll take it!). anyways....he says it's a ten year-old model called the sting but i don't know what this thing is! here's a brief over view of it: the front bulkhead is one peice on the left side and the right...the rear hubs have this funky single pivot ball on the botton side and it looks like you adjust toe-in from the top up-rights.
there's only one position to mount the top of the shocks so there's no adjustability at all. and the servo seems to mount up-side down towards the front of the chassis.

i'm not sure all whats going on up there but it think steering came directly from the servo w/ no bellcrank. i wanna fix the car and maybe use it as a test bed for an electric conversion i'm cooking up.

it clipped a cement base on the right side so thats where all the damage is. from what i can see it's gonna need everything from the bulkhead to the QC wheel clip. it's AAAALLLLLL gone!!! the oneway diff "cup" along with the axle needs replacing too. the rear is not so bad as it only needs a right side hub and dog bone.

can this car be helped or is it a lost cause? is there a vintage parts supplier that can help me out? is there anything out there compatable i can use to get this thing back together? you guys are some of the smartest tech minds around! i know you wont let me down!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Post some pictures...
Old 08-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

all i have is cell phone.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I've seen parts on ebay. Maybe give some of the older establishments a try such as Ashford and Winners Circle.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

@ kest: i can send u pics to your email. would that be ok
Old 08-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Originally Posted by nomaak
@ kest: i can send u pics to your email. would that be ok
Its better to post your photos here...so everybody could see and give comments and ideas regarding that chassis of yours...Please..i think many RCers would love to help u..lets figure it out together..