Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread: >

DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread:

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread:

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Dc Batteries

I just picked up some of the IB3800's that you are matching and ran them last weekend. They are GREAT. I just got the platinum packs and now I am considering going all out and getting some of the better ones when they come into stock or when the canadain distributor gets them

Chris
Old 11-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cclifton
I just picked up some of the IB3800's that you are matching and ran them last weekend. They are GREAT. I just got the platinum packs and now I am considering going all out and getting some of the better ones when they come into stock or when the canadain distributor gets them

Chris

Thanks Chris..... I'll be shipping Can West another order out this Friday ...

Curtis,
Old 11-08-2005, 02:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Attacking a man's credibility in his place of business when he owes you money is an interesting tactic. I mean, if you're genuinely concerned about someone repaying a debt, wouldn't you want to do anything other than possibly hinder his ability to repay said debt? If my creditors started contacting my customers, or my employer, the first thing I would do is call my lawyer.

I'm not sure if it applies in this case, but this situation may be in violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Edit: Looks like it doesn't apply. At any rate, there are laws in place to prevent this kind of situation in similar circumstances, and there are probably some that cover this as well.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Motor Question

I need to get some motors for 1/12 4 cell and I was wondering what you suggest. Out track has no longer then a 70-75 foot straightaway....and usually the track is quite tight....and pretty high traction. I have been running 7X1, 8X1 and a 9X3...but basically these are my touring car motors and I want to get specific 1/12 motors.

Thanks
Chris
Old 11-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Attacking a man's credibility in his place of business when he owes you money is an interesting tactic.
I agree that the tactics suck, but would take heart in the fact that "all publicity is good publicity"

You have had more people watching this thread in the last couple of days than I have ever seen on this site in one place

Ya never know you might get a spike in sales!

Keep up the good work
Old 11-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacerX18
All with a motor that Garret built . . . . LOL.

thats right.....believe it or not my motors turn out pretty quick......who is this anyways??
Old 11-08-2005, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Attacking a man's credibility in his place of business when he owes you money is an interesting tactic. I mean, if you're genuinely concerned about someone repaying a debt, wouldn't you want to do anything other than possibly hinder his ability to repay said debt? If my creditors started contacting my customers, or my employer, the first thing I would do is call my lawyer.

I'm not sure if it applies in this case, but this situation may be in violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Edit: Looks like it doesn't apply. At any rate, there are laws in place to prevent this kind of situation in similar circumstances, and there are probably some that cover this as well.
Like........ A certified letter! Hmmmmmm Those usually work when I have to collect money.

Brant
Old 11-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cclifton
I need to get some motors for 1/12 4 cell and I was wondering what you suggest. Out track has no longer then a 70-75 foot straightaway....and usually the track is quite tight....and pretty high traction. I have been running 7X1, 8X1 and a 9X3...but basically these are my touring car motors and I want to get specific 1/12 motors.

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris,

For 12th racing you usually you'll see most of the top guys using 9 and 10 turn motors, the last 2 major carpet races were both won using a 10 turn, geared around 30x100 (1.750 rear tire).... I'll be doing some testing here shortly with the Checkpoint teardowns in a 12th scale, right now I have no idea how they will run in a 1/12th, but I do know that there a MISSLE in a TC. So I'll keep you posted on that.... For now any Ti base motor will work fine, use 738x brushes or 729's, green springs (slightly tweaked for more tension) and time the motor around 18*... That should point you in the right direction for now...

Curtis,
Old 11-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

Just thought I would repost this:

Announcements:

Credit Card Processing:

Our E-Shop is now setup to accept credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express)…. Dealers and international distributors can also pay via credit card, no need for bank wire transfers.

IB 3800:

We’ve added a few new categories of 35 amp-matched cells to our e-shop, we now offer:
Club Packs, 6-Cell 1.170-1.179v
Team Packs, 6-Cell 1.180-1.189v
Factory Packs, 6-Cell 1.190-1.199v
Extreme Voltage Packs, 6-Cell 1.200v +

DC Checkpoint series modifieds:

We are extremely happy to announce that DC Motorsports will be using the Team Checkpoint modified motor teardown exclusively for the 2006 racing season. Beginning December 1st we will start shipping our new CP series modified motors to our international distributors and US dealers….

Stock and 19 turn motors:
During the month of December we will be releasing our new 19 turn and stock 27 turn motors, details and product specifications will follow shortly….. Stay tuned for more information.

Curtis,
Old 11-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
your right, i will bow down to you now george. you beat me at the off-road regionals... i suck.. your the best...

having only 4 3300 packs from the on-road nats the week before made it easy to run two classes in triple a-mains too

hateing off-road made it easy too

but yeah, i droped out of mod cuz i was scared to get beat by you but who had the faster lap times...? oh yeah me the computer doesn't lie

ask any of our club racers how much i practice with my 2wd and 1/8th buggies

just about this much...

hasn't moved since regionals
You should be ashamed of leaving your buggy like that on the garage floor! Does your Mother know you done that? I am telling.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Curtis Schlaht
Stickers just shipped today from the print shop, I'm excited to see how they look. Hopefully better than those abominations I had printed earlier this year

Curtis,
Cool man see you in cleveland

Michael
Old 11-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

I used to be a collection agent. I'm very familiar with the fair debt collection practices act LOL a little too familer

Man I hated that job

Beating old women out of their last $50 over a medical bill and people think Ernie is the devil??? LMAO

However in this case it doesn't really apply. That law is actually pretty old and wasn't really designed for the internet. More of phone collections and collections via means of letters etc.

With that being said, if anyone ever needs debts collected I know the right People

Later

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC
Old 11-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
I used to be a collection agent. I'm very familiar with the fair debt collection practices act LOL a little too familer

Man I hated that job

Beating old women out of their last $50 over a medical bill and people think Ernie is the devil??? LMAO

However in this case it doesn't really apply. That law is actually pretty old and wasn't really designed for the internet. More of phone collections and collections via means of letters etc.

With that being said, if anyone ever needs debts collected I know the right People

Later

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC

HEY!!!! You Talk'n ta me? ( thick New Jersey accent) LOL

Brant
Old 11-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Back to the actual thread title...

Curtis let me know when you get in those Checkpoint motors.

I can't wait to run one I'm about sick of changing springs and brushes in my v2's
Old 11-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tempest2000

so you have a cousin VINNIE to

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.