Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree40Likes

OCRC Raceway

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 3.88 average.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Those are coming huh? I was thinking that was going to be Losi's new big annoucement that they came out with that Traxxas knock off!

Last edited by Casper; 01-23-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Any update? I've got money burning a hole in my pocket ready to buy all new gear.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
I would say no. I am thinking gas will not be allowed in the building due to fire code but not sure what Roberts plans are?

There are lots of places to run gas at.
I love nitro but not indoors. They ran a little nitro (3 truggies) in socal just before it closes. The fume and noise were very bad and the track was torn up. Nitro and electric don't go well together.

Have you seen photos of indoor nitro racing in East Coast? It looks like London with thickest fog. We also have a department call AQMD in california. If you fart too hard, these guys will shut your ass down due to too much methan gas emission.

Last edited by straightaway; 01-23-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by straightaway
I love nitro but not indoors. They ran a little nitro (3 truggies) in socal just before it closes. The fume and noise were very bad and the track was torn up. Nitro and electric don't go well together.

Have you seen photos of indoor nitro racing in East Coast? It looks like London with thickest fog. We also have a department call AQMD in california. If you fart too hard, these guys will shut your ass down due to too much methan gas emission.
It wasn't that bad, it was just freezing cold in there with the AC going to help remove the fumes. If those 2 giant fans were on, it would have been even better.

Looking forward to hearing more about the new track.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnny_S.
It wasn't that bad, it was just freezing cold in there with the AC going to help remove the fumes. If those 2 giant fans were on, it would have been even better.

Looking forward to hearing more about the new track.
I cant wait. I loved going to SoCal, im glad there will be another track.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

Cool Whats Up?

Originally Posted by Mitch P.
I cant wait. I loved going to SoCal, im glad there will be another track.
Ok guys here we are Thursday 1/23 and I have been working my A** off trying to seal the deal with the owner of the 448 Katella building however the owner is being a Di**! The deal is not dead yet but in order to keep costs low for all you racers I feel I need to look at a few other locations. I will be out most of the day with my Leasing agent looking at other potential sites. (2) buildings that have great potential are located at 2201 Anne St. in Santa Ana (Warner / Fairview) and the other 10700 Flower in Stanton (Beach / Cerritos) Please be patient as I only want what’s best for all of usJ I will be updating you daily!
Keep the Faith! THIS WILL HAPPEN!
Old 01-24-2008, 06:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by robertbl
Ok guys here we are Thursday 1/23 and I have been working my A** off trying to seal the deal with the owner of the 448 Katella building however the owner is being a Di**! The deal is not dead yet but in order to keep costs low for all you racers I feel I need to look at a few other locations. I will be out most of the day with my Leasing agent looking at other potential sites. (2) buildings that have great potential are located at 2201 Anne St. in Santa Ana (Warner / Fairview) and the other 10700 Flower in Stanton (Beach / Cerritos) Please be patient as I only want what’s best for all of usJ I will be updating you daily!
It doesn't matter where, it just matters that its there and I'll be there. Warner@Fairview is about 10 minutes from my house. (Take that Casper!) .
Old 01-24-2008, 07:08 AM
Tech Prophet

Hey were I live in the OC, everything is only about 10 min away!

Warner and Fairview is only 7.65 miles for me!

Keep up the hard work Robert. Have you guys looked at the Adrey's building on Champman. I have tried to call in the number on the building but have not got a response. I don't have the exact address but it is off chapman between the 57 and Main St. in Orange. The building has been vacant for a really long time and parking is..... but it would make a great track/shop with lots of room.

Keep up the hard work Robert. We are all pulling for you!
Old 01-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Tech Adept

Default Adreys

Originally Posted by Casper
Hey were I live in the OC, everything is only about 10 min away!

Warner and Fairview is only 7.65 miles for me!

Keep up the hard work Robert. Have you guys looked at the Adrey's building on Champman. I have tried to call in the number on the building but have not got a response. I don't have the exact address but it is off chapman between the 57 and Main St. in Orange. The building has been vacant for a really long time and parking is..... but it would make a great track/shop with lots of room.

Keep up the hard work Robert. We are all pulling for you!
Casper, whats the # you have been calling and do you have the exact address?
Old 01-24-2008, 07:29 AM
Tech Prophet

I sent you a PM with the info!
Old 01-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I would gladly pay a little extra for the convenience of having Hobby People and Ultimate within a long walk/ short drive for parts.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Why is the building owner a D!@#? What went down? Tell us
Old 01-24-2008, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Angry

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Why is the building owner a D!@#? What went down? Tell us
The short of it is that the owner isn't sure if an R/C track is a viable business and he has aother offer from a company called "Bounce" (a bounce house party place for kids) I have done all the leg work with the city planners and already got my conditional use permit from the city and have there stamp of approval. Bounce is still working with the city to see if they can go in and the owner is still waiting on there personal financials, I submitted my lease offer 11 days ago, I don't know what the He** hes thinking???? He keeps telling me he will have an answer soon. I want to secure another place so I can tell him "To go to he**!"
Old 01-24-2008, 08:20 AM
Tech Prophet

A bounce house! Nooooooo!

Those are actually a ton of fun but I can't see that as being a better deal then an R/C track!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

The short of it is that the owner isn't sure if an R/C track is a viable business and he has aother offer from a company called "Bounce" (a bounce house party place for kids) I have done all the leg work with the city planners and already got my conditional use permit from the city and have there stamp of approval. Bounce is still working with the city to see if they can go in and the owner is still waiting on there personal financials, I submitted my lease offer 11 days ago, I don't know what the He** hes thinking???? He keeps telling me he will have an answer soon. I want to secure another place so I can tell him "To go to he**!"
What does an owner care of a viable business? As long as the rents paid, thats all that matters.IMO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 3.88 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.