Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 11:11 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I had mine probably as tight as I can get them while still using body clips to hold it on ( thinking of rigging a screw in method like the X-Ray ) and the hit actually caused the battery strap to buckle. I am still suprised by the force he hit me with considering we were on a straight. Took two heats before my diff started acting better ( definitely needs a rebuild now ).

When you ran the stock strap, were you running it with the straight part on the cells?
Old 04-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Regional Moderator

I just got my BMI setup and ran it for the first time last night. I was running with the fastest guys at our club when I didn't screw up. Overall I qualified about 1 lap down from them and I used to be 2 laps, or more, down with my stock chassis. I was very impressed. Still need to get my ride hight correct. I was picking up traction compound on the bottom of the chassis.....too low.

As for the battery strap. I had my battery slip a few times in my first practice runs last night when I hit the boards. I took the body clips off and put a washer under the screw and just tightened the strap all the way down to the posts. That seems to snug the batteries up a bit and I didn't have any more battery movement all night... and it's still easy to take batteries out by just loosening the screws and slipping the batter out from under the strap.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:49 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I think I will look into using washers to secure the batteries down. Save a few bucks after buying the $12 dollar drive shaft
Old 04-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yes, the body clip system isn't all that secure. I use screws with washers under them to hold my batteries in.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i apologize guys,i should really put instructions in with the kit.i cut the standoffs the exact height they need to be so you dont need to mess around with the flexible body clip.the body clip will flex and alow the batteries to eject from the car.washers under the heads of the screws and tighten it till it locks is the way i intended for it to be.the strap just kisses the batteries enough to keep them in place.if you would like cain,i can send you a new driveshaft.
Old 04-08-2004, 03:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by SpeediePHATT
The BMI strap is flat but its wide especially at the ends it works great.
Hey SpeediePHATT - in your picture of your battery brace the lettering is silver - I want to do that. What kind of paint did you use, is it working well? (not coming off) and how did you manage to paint it on there neatly.

Looks cool!
Old 04-08-2004, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOW

offering to send out a new drive shaft... this is even more reason for me to buy a BMI kit.... any chassis maker who will stand by his products this much is worth the money spent... GREAT PROPS TO BMI
Old 04-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Sorry no pics yet with 28mm wheels. I have been working and taking care of the little one. I will get some pics out here this weekend.......................
Old 04-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by zgeist
Hey SpeediePHATT - in your picture of your battery brace the lettering is silver - I want to do that. What kind of paint did you use, is it working well? (not coming off) and how did you manage to paint it on there neatly.

Looks cool!
Its not paint ts epoxy. I used testors model paint to color some clear epoxy. Make sure its slow curing stuff. Not 15 min stuff. Put whatever color paint in mix it all together and goop it in there over the lettering. not alot just enough to fill it in. I then poked around in the letters with an exacto to get the air bubbles worked out. After that I just scrapped it all off with a new razor blade. A plastic squeege thing would work well also. Its a little messy but it turnes out well. After it all dried it sunk in a little and looks sweet. After a couple of days I polished it up a little with some rubbing compound and it shined like glass.

Here is a pic of some blue colored letters
Attached Thumbnails BMI Racing Discussions-brace.jpg  
Old 04-08-2004, 05:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by TimXLB
Jason:

I see both John and Stevie from Hobby talk made it over here.......you guys lost???? and Stevie, Jason is NOT interested in making a top plate for your Cen Vision.
Stevie?? I always thought they just called him Steven.
Oh.... and it's a GS Vision that he drives, NOT a CEN CT4R
which I'm proud to say is MY car of choice!

Last edited by Team AARP; 04-08-2004 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

I see both John and Stevie from Hobby talk made it over here.......you guys lost???? and Stevie, Jason is NOT interested in making a top plate for your Cen Vision.
Hey Tim,

If you have a personal problem with me, shoot me some words at [email protected] . BUT, from the last i heard from Jason (who seemed very nice) he was more than willing to do some work for me. So, unless you are speaking for him i dont know if its necessary to hear it. Im sure i'll see you around this summer Tim. Maybe a midwest race or something, summer classic possibley? Anywho, i'll be around.

Jason, U got a PM.

Peace.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Tech Lord

c'mon guys,lets keep the tension down.lets not offend people who are looking up here for technical assistance or to post own experiences.its not fare to them.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Now Where's the fun in that Jay..... And try to get me a copy of you directions for the chassis as soon as possible....I just found out I might be running the whole thing upside down
Old 04-08-2004, 06:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Fakk2

AARP:

gee: did you miss Jason Exelby at Cleveland???????? his was running a B.M.I. chassis. I think he was up there in the B for quite awhile then had some problems that dropped him down a couple of heats.

he still runs it when he gets a chance to race. (only if I let his dad off for a Sunday)

as I never saw these small race cars unitl I was sent to the USA to work on the new VCP for my parent Co. (to busy working on the real size race cars)

I do know what a TC3 and a Xray are now as Tim has brought them to work for me to see. I even took one home to race (thanks to TIm).

Bruno Ganist

Team PSA
Hey Tim.... Nice alias! But, why did you choose the
screen name Fakk2, and sign it with the name Bruno??

And no, I didn't miss seeing your son race at the champs this
year. As I've always said.... he'll be somebody someday
and it's always a pleasure to see him in the upper classes,
he's a hellava driver!

Old 04-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Jay........... PM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.