VERY IMPORTANT: We need new rules!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VERY IMPORTANT: We need new rules!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 06:59 PM
Tech Addict

When I first saw a 1/10 scale race I was thinking to myself. What is so cool about a Stratus?...lol
Old 02-17-2004, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

Location: If Nissan Motorsport is Nismo, Then Honda Motorsport must be Homo

Originally posted by gotpez

Realism in our hobby is an extremely MINOR concern. If it were, why are we so fast? Our touring cars are sometimes going nearly 300 scale MPH! What real touring car has 20 inch wheels? (Our 2 inch wheels are scale 20's) Our cars weigh merely 3 pounds..... 30 scale pounds!??!? Nowhere near reality. We race remote control cars, not real cars. While there are some comparisons to be drawn between the two, the similarities end quickly.
my sentiments exactly. Size is about the only thing to scale. If speed was to scale we would all be running old 540 silvercans @ half throttle
Old 02-17-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just went back and read more of your posts. You must be on an acid trip or something. Where exactly do you live? It obviously isn't the US.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, I could careless how realistic they look.....I would rather they look cool and perform well than trying for scale realism.....If I wanted to race real cars, I would race my ferrari......little too pricey to fix if I hit a wall, which I am pretty good at in RC cars!

I am buying 10 1/10th pan cars to promote the class at our local track....the theory is I will be semi good at it and make the a-main....that is, until everyone realizes how cool it is and gets a car too.....

Later EddieO
Old 02-17-2004, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Barry White
Hi Josh.

You need to read my two first posts.
Hi Barry, I did. It's been a Touring Car class for so long, to change it to DTM is just too big of a jump, and I don't think you will ever see it happen. Racers decide which direction the sport takes, for the most part, not newcomers to the hobby.

I agree with the sentiments of others on this thread, if you want to attract new racers, there are much better ways to go about it than to change the class. If somebody asks you what kind of car your TC is supposed to be, tell them it's supposed to be a fast one.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

I think you are entitled to your own opinion and in some cases I like my RC stuff to look realistic. You get caught up in the imagination part and like the realistic look. I think a lot of people are in your mindset, and I even find myself drawn toward it. Model railroading is a testimony to it and RC planes go in either function or looks categories. But, I like to race, and if it means slower lap times and getting passed by someone using a more efficient body, I'll opt for more performance. I like realism, but I like winning better. I'll tinker on a mini z or something else for the looks.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Also, as far as attracting new people, when I first got in to it, I was really impressed with the speed. I saw some realistic cars and thought they were neat. That part definately attracts a newcomer, but racing isn't that important when you first get started. Its usually something you want to do, but you're ignorant as a beginner as to how important a body is to flat out speed. I'm all for a seperate realistic class, but I'd say you'll never get evryone to give up performance. I won't.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by edseb
Also, as far as attracting new people, when I first got in to it, I was really impressed with the speed. I saw some realistic cars and thought they were neat. That part definately attracts a newcomer, but racing isn't that important when you first get started. Its usually something you want to do, but you're ignorant as a beginner as to how important a body is to flat out speed. I'm all for a seperate realistic class, but I'd say you'll never get evryone to give up performance. I won't.
I think just about everyone is attracted by the speed. I know that's what sucked me in and it's cheaper than real cars by far, that's how i justify it.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Bottom line is....realism already has it's place in this hobby. It's unavoidable. I really don't see the need for a policy shift in national organizations just to gain more realism. It all comes down to individuality ....I personally don't care for the stratus or chrysler 300 but I won't bash someone else for wanting to run it. As I said before...If I really worried about a definite gain in performance because of a stratus body, I'd be racing low wind mod motors against the likes of Baker. But when I'm running 27t or 19t , I'm hardly worried about somebody's choice of body. There are to many other things we could be doing to improve the hobby. Like getting more new people involved. If you don't think thats important, tell it to the guy who built your local track !!! I'm sure he's concerned about it.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

You can't race these.
Hi Barry

You might want to look at MiniZ. They are fully propo 1/28 rc cars with for most intent and purposes, SCALE-looking realistic bodyworks.

No kidding, these things look good and go fast with a few choice mods. We race them in Singapore during the rainy season, just to keep our reflexes up

Cheers
Old 02-17-2004, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I race both series. I don't want to convince you to use a scale body when everybody isn't. I want the sanctioning body's to chage rules and make modelracing better and more fun for you to.
Thank God!! Barry is here to tell me what would be more fun for me!!! I don't klnow what I would do without people like him!!!!!

It also seems like it would be so much fun spending $50 on a new body every month!!!!! and next he'll tell me racing "realistic" treaded rubber tires would be more fun too! not to mention "scale" steel wheels!!!

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!

Roar has just changed their rules!!! anyonew who doesn't complete their race with their side mirrors intact will be banned from any Roar sanctioned events for life due to cheating!!!

How many real race cars actually at true to life models of their street brothern??? Corvette, Viper, Ferrari all of their real race cars only bare slight resemblence to the cars you can drive off of the show room floors.... and "stockcar" racing hasn't used a stock body since the earily 70's!!!!!

OHH and professional drag racing...... Don't get me started!!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2004, 03:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
I just went back and read more of your posts. You must be on an acid trip or something. Where exactly do you live? It obviously isn't the US.
He lives in Belgium wich is close to Holland, dope capitol of the world!

I ment no offence to dutch people
Old 02-18-2004, 03:32 AM
Tech Regular

Barry,

Why would you want to impose rules on us when it is clear that when it comes to rules we here in the Belgian TCS series know you.

Regards
Old 02-18-2004, 04:02 AM
Tech Champion

Interesting disscusion....

One thing not mentioned..... I started out racing tamiyas with tamiya bodies... I changed after only a few bodies not for performance reasons, but for cost reasons. The average protoform body is 1/2 the price of a more detailed body like the tamiyas.

Also.. The more detail a body has (sharp edges) the easier it is to break. All of my tamiya bodies lost most of their front bumpers from everyday hits that a stub nose body would have laughed at.

Even tho I like the look of the more detailed bodies... I would rather run something that holds together longer
Old 02-18-2004, 04:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you want to change R/C racing to full scale realism, start with 1/10th offroad stadium trucks. Let's get those tires down to scale size and see how they hold up.......LMAO!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.