Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
What are you doing rebuilding it for? [/B]
I am not satisfied with the oil I put in the bearings...too light. I also forgot how I set everything, and I need to make sure I did everything right.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Pinion Gear Aluminum Washer

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Got plenty of it :
SER-802511 Centax-3 Gear Pinion Shim.

This is a must spare on your box.

2 or 3 clutchbell with several pinion combinations will be more handy.
Thx for the Info Goldfinger & InitialD !!!!
Old 02-12-2004, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey scott...

i'm having the same problem. i need to find that washer. i changed the pinion one step lower to 16 and can't get the thing to run true. i guess those shims are only good for one use. everytime you change pinions, you gotta change them as well.
i'm thinking about racing friday to try the front ball diff that we've been waiting for. let me know if you are racing also.

any news on updated bumper yet? or maybe the lola bumper for the 710?
Old 02-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default Friday

I'm not going until my front ball diff shows up, it's been nine days now from the Border.

I must have ordered snail mail and didnt relaize it !!!

If is doesnt show up then I'm going to go to Las Vegas next weekend to get some set up information on the track.

I know J and Ybslow are going , just waiting to see if bill is going
Old 02-12-2004, 03:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by evlhdlts

any news on updated bumper yet? or maybe the lola bumper for the 710?
Just use the 705/835 lola bumper...it fits you just need to relocate your front body mounts.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Ralph's 710

...Looking at the rear upper pivot ball spacing, I think he's using the long upper rear arm version instead of short.
D, I don't get the comment above. By this you mean, the spacing looks far enough apart that we call this config the "long upper rear arm" set-up?
Old 02-12-2004, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by PUNISHER
Are you useing the Lola bumper for the top bumper plate for the 710??

Can you post a picture of that so I can see what you are talking about....thanks.
Punisher, can you get one of these? Easier to use this Loletta shells because the only mod you need to do is reverse the position of the rear shocks and trim the original foam bumper a little bit. Now you can switch between VDS and Sedan shells instantly!
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-loletta_small.jpg  
Old 02-12-2004, 07:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Ralph's 710

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
D, I don't get the comment above. By this you mean, the spacing looks far enough apart that we call this config the "long upper rear arm" set-up?
I notice that if the spacing between the knuckle and the edge of the arm is large (much of the pivot ball can be seen), then he would be using UTI or UBI upper insert position which is the long upper rear arm config.

If he uses the UTO or UBO upper insert position (short upper rear arm config), you will notice that the spacing between the upper knuckle and the edge of the upper arm is very small because you need to turn in the pivot ball to get enough camber (-3 or -4) and at the same time maintain rear trackwidth. Just from my observations...
Old 02-12-2004, 07:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Easier to use this Loletta shells because the only mod you need to do is reverse the position of the rear shocks and trim the original foam bumper a little bit.
I have yet to cut and paint my Loletta shell... What do you mean "reverse the position of the rear shocks"? Do you mean reverse the mounting position of the rear shock post on the rear shock tower?
Old 02-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Ralph's 710

I notice that if the spacing between the knuckle and the edge of the arm is large (much of the pivot ball can be seen), then he would be using UTI or UBI upper insert position which is the long upper rear arm config.

If he uses the UTO or UBO upper insert position (short upper rear arm config), you will notice that the spacing between the upper knuckle and the edge of the upper arm is very small because you need to turn in the pivot ball to get enough camber (-3 or -4) and at the same time maintain rear trackwidth. Just from my observations...
Ahhh ... I get it, thanks.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

I have yet to cut and paint my Loletta shell... What do you mean "reverse the position of the rear shocks"? Do you mean reverse the mounting position of the rear shock post on the rear shock tower?
Blast! I mistyped! What I meant was to say "reverse the rear body posts mounting i.e. mount them in front of the rear shock tower ... " Duh!
Old 02-12-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Blast! I mistyped! What I meant was to say "reverse the rear body posts mounting i.e. mount them in front of the rear shock tower ... " Duh!
I think signs of aging is catching up with the typing !
Old 02-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

710 has winternats 1 and 2 places on the 200mm grid!

http://www.mytsn.com/news/publ.asp?pid=9604
Old 02-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Well, I've decided to purchase the 710! Can't wait to get it! Can anyone tell me where I can purchase the Front Diff for the 710? Also, what is the largest battery pack for the 710 and where I can I get that as well? Thanks. Please let me know soon as I would like to get these items ordered asap!! Will the 710 work with the Ofna Starter Box?
Old 02-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Default Tyre truing

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if it is better to run new tyres a few laps before cutting them to size with a tyre truer - i.e. breaking tyres in?

@D: What was the rule with the droop regarding using full sized tyres?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.