Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to R/c, Electric R/c Engine upgrade Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 08:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy New to R/c, Electric R/c Engine upgrade Question

Well, I'm nere here .. to forums .. Never posted before.. and I do have a question about an electric R/c Car that my brother has, I signed up to ask if the motor on Every r/c electric car could be upgraded? I read online some places sold replcement motors, but is that only for like .. expensive really good R/c Cars?

I bought my Brother this:

http://www.jadatoys.com/RC_SPEC/supra2.html

just for fun, and He says it's super slow.. I was wondering if I could possibly buy some sort of Better replacement elextric motor for this car? thats like a direct swap .. same ize .. just faster or something?

any help would be greatly appreciated.. I'm so lost, and I feel bad.. the car is kinda sluggish ..

It's a 9.6V rechargible battery pack, or it can be used with 6 AA batteries .. I hope theres options .. thanks in advance. Sincerely, Brett.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:48 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It's hard for me to say whether or not you would be able to upgrade the motor in the car or not. However if you can, I don't know if it's advised. Odds are the gears and drivetrain parts (and various other parts) won't be able to handle the amount of power most motors you would purchase at the hobbyshop would put out. If it's simple enough, take some photos of the area where the motor is and we should be able to help more.

Ike
Old 01-21-2004, 01:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Alright, I'll See my brother again in maybe a week? Not sure when, he comes and Goes and I'm often out, but I will be sure to Take it apart and shoot some photos of it.. thanks much ~ Brett
Old 01-22-2004, 04:21 AM
Regional Moderator

Chances are you will not be able to upgrade the motor in this car.

If it did in fact use a 540 size motor which is what pretty much all 1/10 "real" cars use, the amount of current the motor would draw at 9.6volts would most likely burn up the electronics.

The best way to find out is to take the car to a local hobby shop and have them look at it. They might be able to come up with a motor that would be mildly better than what is in there now but, don't expect to get a motor that will make it twice as fast.

Good Luck and let us know how it turns out.