Community
Wiki Posts
Search

tto1 one way spool

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Geezatec
I'm sure one-way spool, one-way clutch, or one way mid shaft pulley does the same thing. Other manufacture call it differently they all does the same operation.

Running one-way your driving style must be aggressive. One way gives you more traction coming out the corner. If you have your Havoc programmed correctly it should be easy. Just one question? How much drag brakes you program at?? Most aggressive drivers hardly use braking on corner.

Give some more info on your Havoc programing. thing may help you, and understand.
and i have one more question for you. since im gonna go with the one way unit is there anything that im gonna need in order for it to fit? people are saying the tto1 swing shaft or something like that. can i have a list of things i need?
Old 12-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mytto1
and i have one more question for you. since im gonna go with the one way unit is there anything that im gonna need in order for it to fit? people are saying the tto1 swing shaft or something like that. can i have a list of things i need?
Hop-ups for TT01 made by 3Racing you shouldn'i have any problems, just install them. You got a choice, one-way or solid axle.

I had problems posting lastnight Check your email or PM's
Old 12-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Geezatec
Hop-ups for TT01 made by 3Racing you shouldn'i have any problems, just install them. You got a choice, one-way or solid axle.

I had problems posting lastnight Check your email or PM's
ok thanx im pretty sure that im gonna need the swing shaft( version 2) made by 3 racing. right?
Old 12-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

Just to get this straight:

One-way and Spool are 2 different things.

One-way is when you are on power, the one-way bearing locks up the diff, thus it acts like a spool, giving power to both wheels at the same time. When off-power/braking, the one-way bearings continue to turn the front wheels independently, so the car only has rear braking. Since this is the case, if you brake too hard, the car may spin-out. The advantage of one-way is that it gives the car a better turn and that it provides minimal wear on the drive line, universal shafts, cups, tires etc. 1-way is for a very smooth driving style racing.

Spool is basically a solid axle, so the front wheel does the same thing as the rear wheels. ie a full-time 4wd, whether its on-power or off-power. but because of that, there is NO diff action on the front wheel. both wheels will rotate at the same rate. so for cornering, it tends to 'push' if the speed is too fast. however, the advantage of it is you can brake very late and very hard into a corner and not worry about spinning out. But because of this, there is more wear-n-tear for the car. spool is for a very aggressive driving style racing.

having said all this, you can actually try out spool for free with the normal gear diff. all you have to do is stuff some tissue paper and jam the gears inside. For 1-way, you will have to buy a 1-way diff to try. As for the tamiya/3 racing 1-way diff, you will need to buy a different set of universal swing shaft to work, since the diff out cups is a lot smaller than the orginal plastic kit out cup.

hope this helps.