Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Losi....Im not a fan of the pancake Tekno chassis.
I also run the Losi conversion although Im looking for a better option because I dont like how high it raises everything off the chassis.

As far as your install goes just make sure you make GOOD solder joints. You do not want a wire coming loose. Also leave some slack in your wires too for a little movement.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Losi....Im not a fan of the pancake Tekno chassis.

Go get M4 screws for the losi mount and make sure you locktite them into the endbell. You might have to shave some bits off the motor support if you want to use it.

velcro and foam in the battery tray is a must.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GO-RIDE.com
I forgot one other thing to check for binding. As the 8ight arms age they get warped and need to be replaced. This can cause binding and really mess up the effective droop.
So get this! I took the front suspension apart so I could look over everything. Although it is a bit squeaky everything looked good and moved freely. I have surmised that the squeaking is mostly due to the dry climate and the fine silt that gets into everything. I am in CO and is essentially a high plains desert.

So, now that I was convinced that there was nothing bound I installed the green front springs and the lightest sway bar. It "reacted," much like the stock setup with the lighter silver springs and heavier sway. I am completely perplexed on this one! Anyway, I intsalled the slightly heavier swaybar back on the front and added tome preload to the greens. I will give it a try tonight but am thinking that I might need to go up to the next spring stiffness. (white?)

Also, I placed the heaviest sway on the back--it seems to feel like some of Nitro 8's that I have examined. I am just concerned since I am diverging quite a bit from the pro's 8E 2.0 setup. Anyway, I guess the proof will be when I drive it . . .
Old 07-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Dangerwr are you setting your ride height with the buggy rtr?
Old 07-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bradfox2
Go get M4 screws for the losi mount and make sure you locktite them into the endbell. You might have to shave some bits off the motor support if you want to use it.

velcro and foam in the battery tray is a must.

what's up with the motor support ?
Old 07-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

what's up with the motor support ?

Its a bit big for the tekin and castle neu motors because of the fins. Just take a dremel with sanding drum to it.

Also I forgot yesterday,

Go to ace and get 3/4" screws for the ones that thread into the rx/servo box. Otherwise the posts can snap off just above where the short screws thread in.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TopAs
Is there a E-truggy-body available ?
Get a JConcepts Losi 8-T 2.0 body and don't cut out the nitro holes! Presto an e body!
Old 07-23-2009, 01:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
So get this! I took the front suspension apart so I could look over everything. Although it is a bit squeaky everything looked good and moved freely. I have surmised that the squeaking is mostly due to the dry climate and the fine silt that gets into everything. I am in CO and is essentially a high plains desert.

So, now that I was convinced that there was nothing bound I installed the green front springs and the lightest sway bar. It "reacted," much like the stock setup with the lighter silver springs and heavier sway. I am completely perplexed on this one! Anyway, I intsalled the slightly heavier swaybar back on the front and added tome preload to the greens. I will give it a try tonight but am thinking that I might need to go up to the next spring stiffness. (white?)

Also, I placed the heaviest sway on the back--it seems to feel like some of Nitro 8's that I have examined. I am just concerned since I am diverging quite a bit from the pro's 8E 2.0 setup. Anyway, I guess the proof will be when I drive it . . .
Stick with the Drake set-up and make sure when you build your shocks you have full rebound! Set your droop to 95 mm in the front and make sure the A arm's are not bowed! The E conversion is the best on the market! Don't change a thing!
Old 07-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bradfox2
Its a bit big for the tekin and castle neu motors because of the fins. Just take a dremel with sanding drum to it.

Also I forgot yesterday,

Go to ace and get 3/4" screws for the ones that thread into the rx/servo box. Otherwise the posts can snap off just above where the short screws thread in.

i already had long screw's on the old nitro tray i cut in half for the conversion....and ill get a big sanding drum to modify the brace....thx Brad.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Guys what is the latest firmware? Is it F.01.01.20? Also is any one running more than 4% drag brake? It seems like that isn't enough, my car still rolls quite a bit. Will more drag brake hurt runtime that much or will it not be noticeable? One last thing, my motor cuts out or esc, the motor temp is around 185. Then it will come back on, is it thermalling? I have steering the whole time. I thought they were good to over 200. Thanks guys..........
Old 07-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Guys what is the latest firmware? Is it F.01.01.20? Also is any one running more than 4% drag brake? It seems like that isn't enough, my car still rolls quite a bit. Will more drag brake hurt runtime that much or will it not be noticeable? One last thing, my motor cuts out or esc, the motor temp is around 185. Then it will come back on, is it thermalling? I have steering the whole time. I thought they were good to over 200. Thanks guys..........
What are you geared at? Your gearing effects your results you get with drag brake.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by warpig
What are you geared at? Your gearing effects your results you get with drag brake.
13/stock spur.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

stock spur? Stock Electric spur or Nitro? What kv motor are you running?
Old 07-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by warpig
stock spur? Stock Electric spur or Nitro? What kv motor are you running?
Stock production Losi 2.0-E. 2100kv........
Old 07-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Exclamation

Nevermind, going to make a better post.

Good read so far.

Last edited by ShibbyUTD; 07-23-2009 at 07:27 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.